What song can you absolutely not stop listening to lately?

"Rebellious Revolution" by Dr John. That bass and tenor saxophone is just so doggone catchy.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

I'm on a Puscifer kick right now, and I can't get enough of this song off the new EP: 

Puscifer - Dear Brother

Level 0

STR (0)  â€¢  DEX (0)  â€¢  STA (0)  â€¢  CON (0)  â€¢  WIS (0)  â€¢  CHA (0)

Introduction  â€¢  6WC 7/28/14-9/7/14  â€¢  Battle Log

Nike+  •  Strava  •  Fitocracy  •  Twitter  •  Blog - As Is  • Instagram

I am my own avatar.

Before that it was Technologic by Daft Punk..

I definitely prefer the Alive 2007 version of pretty much everything on the Human After All album.  The album versions are in such lockstep w/o many changes.  Those live mixes tho, wow.

Yay. Glitch mob. Nom nom nom

First off, you look amazing in that video hon, great belly dancing too. :)  You should drop that video to JenLady based on that discussion of body image we were having yesterday as a very positive example for her.  Secondly, I loved the Tron Legacy soundtrack, but the Reconfigured remix disc is fantastic too, they both get a lot of play from me.  First track is a Glitch Mob remix of Derezzed.  I suggest both albums tho :) 

NIN - The Downward Spiral (album)

Radiohead - Kid A (album)

Stuck in my head but not on my playlist lately:

We Are 138 - Misfits

Love the Misfits :)

I've now started to get back into NIN, specifically The Fragile but even more specific, listening to the first track of the first CD. Such an aggressive tone and it just makes you want to either A) Hulk out on something or B) Just scream your head off :tongue:

So psyched for NIN's tour this year.  Adrian Belew as lead guitarist just blows my mind.  How to Destroy Angels is playing Coachella Friday night and everything is being streamed on youtube.  I don't think they play till about 3AM EST tho.  http://prettymuchamazing.com/news/coachella-2013-webcast-schedule

Grinderman (one off reunion), Jello Biafra, HTDA, Bat For Lashes, Violent Femmes, New Order, Nick Cave, Chili Peppers....I defnitely have some stuff to watch this weekend :)

30 Seconds to Mars - Up in the air

I've been into 30 Seconds since their first album.  Good, solid stuff.  The new song definitely feels like it used the changes with the last album as a springboard, I'm really curious to hear the rest of it.  Soon enough I suppose :)

Get ready for the laughs...

Paul Simon's album Graceland.

I'm 36 and I remember my mom loved that album when I was a kid.  That was her cleaning music. 

The last week I've had Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's new album "Specter at the Feast" on loop in my car.  I expect the new Flaming Lips will end up that way when The Terror gets released this month.  I'm a huge fan of music so I had to join this thread and hadn't been in the off topic forum yet so just saw it today heh.

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

This is going to sound as uncool as possible but I really like "I don't care" by Icona Pop. Judas priest, it just gets stuck in your head and won't leave. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Cosmic Gate & Emma Hewitt:  Calm Down (Omnia Mix)

http://youtu.be/pZ-Gz_wlmio

Does your life fall away from view?
As the time runs away
Whatever will you do
Do you want me again, my dear
I will wait for you

If your thoughts turn to prey on you
I will keep them away, so far away
Through the dark night I'll stay with you
I will comfort you
Oh, I will

Calm down
Your nervous state
I'll sing you a lullaby

Calm down
There's no mistake
To keep you up all night

Fall down
Here with me
Baby, we'll be alright
Baby, we'll be alright

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those

poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Also currently love Muse Madness. 

Here too!  Actually, everything by Muse right now is what I listen too, but Madness is oddly magnetic.

Imagine Dragons-Radioactive, It's Time, and Demons

Yes, Thrift Shop, I do get a kick out of that one.

A Static Lullaby-Toxic and Contagious

Fall Out Boy-My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark, Thanks for the Memories

Holy Moses, I'm in my late 30s, is this list a sign of a midlife crisis?  Shouldn't I be listening to 80s hair bands?  :playful:

Level 3 Pandaren Adventurer

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.†–A.A. Milne   (Thanks to magi192 for posting this!)

Here too!  Actually, everything by Muse right now is what I listen too, but Madness is oddly magnetic.

Not a real fan of the newest Muse album.  Dubstep is not my cup of tea (it's also significantly different than the original Dubstep that grew out of Garage and Speed Garage in the UK circa 1998) and the funk angle on some of the songs just leaves me kinda scratching my head.  I like funk, just doesn't seem to fit here.  Most of my Muse time is still spent with Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations. 

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer/Assassin    

Age: 36, Height: 5'9", Weight: 238.6, Pants Size: 40Str 2 | Dex 3 | Sta 2 | Con 4 | Wis 1 | Cha 3

My tracking thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26623-ssquirrels-list-of-everything/

Goals: 200 pounds, the old size 36 leather pants in my closet :)

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.  You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Worst Recent Earworms:

(he tries to be Freddie Mercury. he's almost there....)

(my favorite song from the Donnie Darko soundtrack)

(a song about chess and sex that is chock full of innuendos and cheekiness)

(pretty much sums up my high school experience....except for the part where monsters bust into the gym and proceed to have a concert....that I could only wish for, lol)

Why yes, I do love campy, weird 80s-ish stuff....;)

First off, you look amazing in that video hon, great belly dancing too.  :)  You should drop that video to JenLady based on that discussion of body image we were having yesterday as a very positive example for her.  Secondly, I loved the Tron Legacy soundtrack, but the Reconfigured remix disc is fantastic too, they both get a lot of play from me.  First track is a Glitch Mob remix of Derezzed.  I suggest both albums tho  :) 

Thanks (don't know how I totally missed some of these comments) I was really upset with the performance until I saw the video- just goes to show you sometimes your brain has no idea what the FUCK it's doing LOL   :)  I'll have to check it out- I'm a HUGE glitch mob fan- I could listen to it for hours- literally hours- it just makes me happy.

Imagine Dragons-Radioactive, It's Time, and Demons

so someone told me about imagine dragons like years ago before they became super popular- and I"m mad I didn't follow up on it- Radioactive is seriously kicking ass all over- total ear worm- I keep seeing the Defiance ad and I didn't realize that was their song- so I spent like 10 minutes trying to figure it out yesterday and then went to the aerobics studio and fucking jammed out- I was pumped.

I think I'm going to start loading some dance videos to track progress.  That's totally going to be a thing. That track and SAIL. Need to revisit that.  I ADORE that song.  mmhmmm music. 

Not a real fan of the newest Muse album.  Dubstep is not my cup of tea (it's also significantly different than the original Dubstep that grew out of Garage and Speed Garage in the UK circa 1998) and the funk angle on some of the songs just leaves me kinda scratching my head.  I like funk, just doesn't seem to fit here.  Most of my Muse time is still spent with Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations. 

Ahaha....my fave albums are actually Origin of Symmetry and Resistance.

The dubstep thing, that's why I can't understand why I like Madness, not usually my thing.  Yeah, when I first heard Panic Station, I was like O.o.  Then it grew on me, good walking song! :P

Level 3 Pandaren Adventurer

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.†–A.A. Milne   (Thanks to magi192 for posting this!)

Right now, I've got a couple songs I'm constantly hitting repeat on:

Volbeat's cover of "My Body" is one of my favorite new wake up/work out songs - generally, I'm a big fan of the entire "Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies" album.

Another recent favorite has been "Safe" by the Airborne Toxic Event, off their new "The Secret" EP.

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

For some reason, I'm into super grungy, trashy rap right now. I guess because my last semester of college is crushing my intellectual soul and I just need something mindless to bop to when I have a break. Case in point (audio NSFW, video is just a still of the album cover):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dM9fgfZVlU

This is from Iggy Azalea's "Trapgold" mixtape, which is produced by Diplo, who's one of my favorite producers (even if his tendency towards cultural appropriation borders on uncomfortable), so it was inevitable that I just keep listening to the whole mixtape. It's not without its flaws, but it certainly has moments worth repeating. Iggy Azalea in general is just fascinating to me because she's simultaneously trying to play the chauvinistic rapper and empowered lady. Very curious.

One more Iggy Azalea song, "Murda Bizness." This video is just hilarious, especially T.I. acting like a pageant dad to his super ham on-screen daughter. Also unedited audio.

http://youtu.be/RzI9VQUHJkU

Not for everyone, but I'm just sharing. %5Burl=

Also bumping the newest Avett album (insomuch as you can bump folksy bluegrass rock), simply so that I'm not totally lost when I see them in concert on May 17 with my roommates. Can't say that it's terribly different from their previous stuff, but why fix what ain't broke?