What song can you absolutely not stop listening to lately?

Love Imagine Dragons also...and what's that bit of sacrilege there at the bottom...?

Oh nothing. just a sneeze.

Wait a second. You're telling me you don't have a shameless pop song/group that gets your boots tappin'? Come on.

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

Anything by imagine Dragons.

and.........

taylor swift.

kill it....

kill it with fire.

and nukes.

and hatchets.  That bitch can rot in hell- her face makes me want to punch her- I hate everything about her- except her make up and her eyeballs.  They are pretty- which annoys me too because she's such a tacky superficial bitch. 

I can't stand her- she's so insipid and tacky.

I do like my pop stuff- Britneys new shit is great- my recent addiction is Icona Pop "I love it"  and "ready for the weekend"

maclamore can't hold us is often ripping through my speakers.

I just really really really really really hate taylor swift. lol

it's okay- I'm allowed to hate- Gilfren's allowed to love it. LOL- beauty of opinions!  :onthego:

I quite enjoy the music of Taylor Swift, even though she's a massive knob. Though I've always thought a pop star is nothing without a good production team.

This week I've been getting back into HEALTH. So good live, made all other music seem defunct within about 10seconds the first time I saw them. Love their sound palette though)

(End of the video is NSFW!)

When I'm running, any and all Pearl Jam is good. But, I always run a little harder when

or
come on. 

When I'm lifting or doing non-aerobic work, I'm all about NWOBHM bands, so plenty of Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind, or perhaps Priest's Screaming for Vengeance.  Metallica, Megadeth, any 80's trash is also good. Reign In Blood especially, it's 30 minutes of pure aggression, which simultaneously pumps me up and runs the length of my circuit workout!!

Also, I'm either old or uniformed, or both, because I haven't heard of 75% of the music on this thread. Time to start my research!

Outside of exercise, I've been chewing on Machine Head's album The Blackening for the last couple months. Between that and the new Between the Buried and Me album, I've not strayed out of metal much in the last few months. May have to break out some Dave Brubek...

"if unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, 'I awake to do the work of a man.'"  - Marcus Aurelius

"[...] and having made the attempt, you must succeed in it. 'Must' is the word." - Abraham Lincoln

A dash of mindless pop-mantra never hurt anyone. I get my dance on to the t-swizzle

You don't listen to any of these people. Like what you like without apology (except when it comes to Nickelback, there's no excuse for that filth). Life is way more fun that way.

I've been hooked on various playlists on Songza, do you guys know about this? You go to songza.com (or download the iPhone/iPad app) and it'll say, "it's Wednesday night. Play music for:" and it'll give you a few scenarios and moods, then offer a few genres to fit said mood/activity, then you pick from 3 playlists. It's just... the coolest thing. My favorite playlists are Houstatlantavegas, We Rap More Mellow, Handclapping & Footstomping, Mellow Indie and SoCal Summer.

Specifically? I'm still bumping Justin Timberlake's newest. I just wrote a long-procrastinated-on album review on it for my blog and I rediscovered it after a few weeks off. JT's got some jams, y'all. I'm also looping the brothers Avett and their newest to sing along live in 1.5 weeks!!

You don't listen to any of these people. Like what you like without apology (except when it comes to Nickelback, there's no excuse for that filth). Life is way more fun that way.

Specifically? I'm still bumping Justin Timberlake's newest. I just wrote a long-procrastinated-on album review on it for my blog and I rediscovered it after a few weeks off. JT's got some jams, y'all. I'm also looping the brothers Avett and their newest to sing along live in 1.5 weeks!!

Ha, I knew I'd catch some shiz. Its a dark secret that many who know me are surprised to find me jamming to. They also give me hell for it.

I do enjoy me some JT as well. I'm a music mutt, from Taylor Swift to Fiona Apple, which I'm sure makes a lot of people cringe :P

Level 2 Wood Elf. Druid at Heart, Training With the RangersSTR 7|DEX 3|STA 9|CON 5.5|WIS 5.75|CHA 3.5

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30484-gilfrens-grab-at-great-gams/?hl=gilfren]Challenge Thread

People who only listen to one sort of music because that's what they think they're 'supposed to listen to' are silly. It's why I find the notion of guilty pleasures a bit odd.

I play in a fairly loud and abrasive band, but also enjoy classical music and 1990s r'n'b. As much as I enjoy seeing Sunn o))) live, it's not much fun to dance around to.

Everyone loves a bit of JT. Cry Me a River is such a great song. (Not too sold on the current stuff though, even if it is strangely amusing to replace the words of 'Suit and Tie' with 'Steak and Kidney Pie')

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive

Especially the "Live at the Joint" version.

A friend send it to me, he got it from his girlfriend and i was just blown away (like he thought i would be :P).

- 341 -

Str : 1   Dex: 3

Sta: 2   Con: 1

Wis: 2   Cha: 2

If you don't want to inadvertently bounce around in your chair... then I'd advise you to not listen to Electro Swing. ;)

(PS: You should totally listen to it.)

Lvl 5 Lightbending Bard
STR: 10 | DEX: 10 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 15 | CHA: 5.5
"If the desire to write is not accompanied by actual writing, then the desire must be not to write." - Hugh Prather

Feel free to drop by my current challenge!

I dislike suit and tie (LMFAO at steak and kidney pie) mirrors is alright though- he has come along way from where he used to be for sure.  

tumblr_m5ve83ocWq1qbxo8do1_500.gif

I actually think "Suit & Tie" is one of the weakest songs on his newest album. Probably was given first single status because of the publicity that Jay-Z's feature lended. Give "That Girl," "Pusher Love Girl" and "Tunnel Vision" a try.

People who only listen to one sort of music because that's what they think they're 'supposed to listen to' are silly. It's why I find the notion of guilty pleasures a bit odd.

I play in a fairly loud and abrasive band, but also enjoy classical music and 1990s r'n'b. As much as I enjoy seeing Sunn o))) live, it's not much fun to dance around to.

Everyone loves a bit of JT. Cry Me a River is such a great song. (Not too sold on the current stuff though, even if it is strangely amusing to replace the words of 'Suit and Tie' with 'Steak and Kidney Pie')

True. If something makes you happy, feeling guilty about it just kills the whole experience. I consciously know that I'm listening to the equivalent of a Jolly Rancher when I get down to, say, this:

But I offset it by listening to stuff like:

And then I'm happy again. (And I practice my Portuguese. Everyone's happy.)