Every adventure starts with a first step...

Hello fellow rebels!
I somehow stumbled upon NF 2 days ago and have not been able to stop reading the main site or the forums.  I don’t think I have been more impressed or entertained by a site that helps so many, I look forward to contributing. 
My past up to this point is irrelevant, as I have read….$h!t happens!  So what’s important is that I am here now, and I am here to conquer my fears and inadequacies.
I am currently:
• 6’ 2â€
• 338 lbs
• Not flexible
• Weak
• Slow
• Insecure
• Hateful
• Unhappy
Through this adventure that I share with you all I will become (no matter how long it takes):
• 235 lbs
• Able to touch my toes (hell just seeing them would be huge!)
• Do my first pull up ever and then do more
• Find strength
• Become confident
• Learn to enjoy life again
• Love who I am
I know that these goals are not really measurable, but what I will do in order to achieve them will be, and will be posted in the future.
For now my current week goals are:
• Gym 4 times this week
• Couch to 5K week 3 complete
• 3 days of Beginner Body weight workout
• No Fast Food
Here’s to our future!  I look forward to being a base to help support

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Welcome! Stay strong, don't give up and get to it! Normally I would link to a topic I made about a group called the Bar Brothers, but my phone won't let me! So, go to the bodyweight forum and it is one of the first few posts! Check them out! I watch their videos everyday for motivation! Combine their routines with the routines from nerdfitness and you get tons of different variations of routines to keep yourself working hard and not bored. Good luck on your journey and welcome to the Rebellion!

Welcome to the forums Mitch!

I only recently discovered NF too and it's set me on the warpath to improve my body and everything that comes with it. We all start somewhere and it sounds like you've got a good starting plan!

I recommend that you do check out the bar brothers video, because it's just inspirational.

Good luck and keep the NF world posted on how you get on :)

Mannion

Lvl 0 Half-Orc Warrior

"When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... "

" ... you find someone to carry you."

-Tracy & Zoe, Firefly

Current challenge:

First job with The Browncoats 

Thanks guys.  All I can say after that video is WOW!  It may take a lifetime but Beast Mode is my new goal!

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge