Aidan is a Week Late and Pissed Off!

aidanpryde

Well,

I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago to visit my dad and I am back.

I didn't practice any control for the entire two weeks that I was gone and so I have erased most of the gains that I made on the last 6 week challenge.

Current Weight: 230.2

Total Measure: 202.45

BF%: 32

My goals for the next five weeks are:

Weight: 220

Diet: I want to practice keto as much as possible given my budget limitations. I will not have carbs for breakfast or lunch and try to minimize the amount that I eat at dinner. Most days will be protein shakes for lunch.

Exercise: I want to do some form of exercise every day. Worst case scenario, I want to do a couple of sets of pushups and planks in the evenings. I have been doing HIIT on the stationary bike and my dumbbell complex at work at lunch for most of my exercise.

Personal Goal: Paying off debt is still my overarching goal right now. We just had another good month so I am on track with this, I just need to continue to control my spending, especially frivolous purchases.

I'm a Week Late and Pissed Off Challenge 

"What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

Great to have you back here!, and your goals look great, keep pushing and don't let a couple of back weeks bring your mood down, there is a lot to be done from here on.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Thanks,

I just get really frustrated. I've been stuck at ~230 for a couple of years now. I just can't quite clear the hurdle. I've gotten as low as 215 but I just can't hold onto the loss. I think this is the hardest part of weight loss. When I was 315 and the numbers just started flying off, it was all gravy. Now, 85 lbs. later, I don't think about them much, I focus on the 30 that I still need to lose. Thinking of it like that, 5 lbs. a month and I'm good by August. 

"What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

Thanks,

I just get really frustrated. I've been stuck at ~230 for a couple of years now. I just can't quite clear the hurdle. I've gotten as low as 215 but I just can't hold onto the loss. I think this is the hardest part of weight loss. When I was 315 and the numbers just started flying off, it was all gravy. Now, 85 lbs. later, I don't think about them much, I focus on the 30 that I still need to lose. Thinking of it like that, 5 lbs. a month and I'm good by August. 

Not sure if it'll work for you or not, but what I've done, is forget about the whole weight thing for a while, and focus on more pleasant goals, I am currently training for triathlon, so my focus is on swimming, biking and running as far and as fast as I can: Eating clean, not smoking, no drinking, workouts, and good sleeping are just what it takes to get me there, and weight comes after that. I read somewhere (probably a Steve's article), that your weight is a RESULT of your past lifestyle, so, if you make significant (but not violent), sustainable changes in your life, weight will change accordingly (in time), FWIW, I've come from 235 to about 200 pounds in around six months, and still going down (I am 5'6), I just focus on my training, and my upcoming races, which makes me happy, and let the weight be a result of my new, better lifestyle.

So, my advice is find something that you love fitness-wise, and do it, if there is some awesome goal to achieve, the road just gets a lot more fun to run.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

I definitely second German's advice about making it fun.  For me, signing up for a half marathon has really helped keep me accountable.  By committing to something like that, my running workouts are now planned-in-advance training sessions, rather than just something I vaguely ought to do.  (Participating in these 6-week challenges is similarly a great help.)

Meanwhile, I'm also a numbers guy, so for me what has really worked is tracking calories (not sure if this is something you have already tried, but if not, I highly recommend it).  I've been using MyFitnessPal for nearly two years and it helps me stay in complete control of my weight.

jfrankovich

Level 5 Scout

I've run 306 miles in 2013!Current Challenge // 4th Challenge // 3rd Challenge // 2nd Challenge // 1st Challenge

Whether training or racing, a ScoutCannot wait to lace up and get outFor a ride or a run—It's rewarding and funTo set forth and explore a new route.

Well, It was a good week this week. I believe that I did 5 days worth of some excercise, four of which were either HIIT on the bike or a dumbbell complex.

Starting Numbers

Today

Current Weight: 227.4       -2.8 lbs.

Total Measure: 199.05      -3.4 in.

BF%: 30.98                       -1.02%

On to the next week,

Good luck everyone!

Good numbers there - and I see your weight is heading back in the right direction. Keep it up, AP!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Thanks 18ck. I'm having another good week so hopefully I'll have more good news next Monday as well. I found a good solution for a cheap, keto lunch that I have been eating and it has helped a lot with cravings during the day. It also allows me to eat dinner with my non-keto wife without worrying too much about macros.

I Haven't been exercising enough this week, but I have been doing my home routine to make sure I don't lose my gains.

Sorry for the lateness, but I had a pretty alcohol soaked weekend and I wanted to let myself flush that from my system before weighing and measuring.

It was another good week besides that though. Here are the numbers.

Starting Numbers

Week 2

Current Weight: 227.4       -2.8 lbs.

Total Measure: 199.05      -3.4 in.

BF%: 30.98                       -1.02%

Week 3

Current Weight: 224.0       -6.2 lbs.

Total Measure: 198.95      -3.5 in.

BF%: 31.32                       -0.68%

Lost 3.4 lbs. from last week. Measurements didn't really change and BF% went up a bit according to the calculator I use. I'm now just .8 from where I finished the last challenge. Hopefully I can lose the .8 by Monday so I'll have 2 weeks to make some forward progress. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines