totally random old video game question

I'm completely blanking on a video game I used to play as a kid... it was a fighting game and you could break a bottle and use it as a weapon. Like I can picture it in my head, but I can't figure out the game. Ring a bell to anyone? Or remember what it was called? 

And in the mean time -- favorite video game from when you were a kid? Arcade or console, whichever. I was a huge fan of the X-Men arcade. I miss arcades. I wish there was one close to my house. 

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Sounds like streets of rage. Unless you mean it was on the nes then youre probably talking about river city ransom

I'm with Snake on this....first thought was Streets of Rage.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

And in the mean time -- favorite video game from when you were a kid? Arcade or console, whichever. I was a huge fan of the X-Men arcade. I miss arcades. I wish there was one close to my house. 

Oh how I miss arcades! I remember playing the X-Men arcade (6 players?) and the TMNT 4 player game at the skating rink when I was a kid. In the arcade, I also loved Afterburner and Outrun. Later on I played a lot of Daytona USA and for the first time got into some fighting games, primarily the original Tekken and Virtua Fighters, then Soul Caliber.

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Also, I think arcades was one of our baby sitters growing up, haha. My dad would drop me and my brothers off while he bought us school clothes at the mall, haha. There used to be full blown arcades in all the malls near me, but now none of them have a real arcade except, like, the rinky dink ones attached to movie theaters. 1 racing game, pinball machine, claw game, and shooting game do not an "arcade" make!

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Sounds like streets of rage. Unless you mean it was on the nes then youre probably talking about river city ransom

River City Ransom was the first game that came to mind for me.

I have to find myself a copy of that game.  Absolutely loved it the few times I played it.  I still have a perfectly functional NES hooked up that gets played from time to time.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Also, I think arcades was one of our baby sitters growing up, haha. My dad would drop me and my brothers off while he bought us school clothes at the mall, haha. There used to be full blown arcades in all the malls near me, but now none of them have a real arcade except, like, the rinky dink ones attached to movie theaters. 1 racing game, pinball machine, claw game, and shooting game do not an "arcade" make!

I agree. I'd disappear into an arcade for hours and my parents would never worry. And sadly, the small arcades that still exist have the same 10-20 year old games. Ever since consoles were able to reproduce arcade quality games, very few new arcade games come out (at least in the US). Sega, Namco, and Midway would have new games all the time back in the day. So sad :(

I agree. I'd disappear into an arcade for hours and my parents would never worry. And sadly, the small arcades that still exist have the same 10-20 year old games. Ever since consoles were able to reproduce arcade quality games, very few new arcade games come out (at least in the US). Sega, Namco, and Midway would have new games all the time back in the day. So sad :(

True... The internet adding all the more, too. Not that I had a lot of arcade friends and did actually make some in online rpgs, but there's something to be said for going OUT someplace and putting your quarter (silver dollar now, lol?) to claim next spot. Or that crowd that gathers when an epic game is being played. There are conventions for stuff like this now, I think, but I haven't been to any. I'm getting all nostalgic now, though, haha!

I always ended up being drawn to the shooting games, Time Crisis and House of the Dead also. Oh, and Crazy Taxi, lol. Every time I see a ramp on the road I want to jump it to win crazy points.

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

True... The internet adding all the more, too. Not that I had a lot of arcade friends and did actually make some in online rpgs, but there's something to be said for going OUT someplace and putting your quarter (silver dollar now, lol?) to claim next spot. Or that crowd that gathers when an epic game is being played. There are conventions for stuff like this now, I think, but I haven't been to any. I'm getting all nostalgic now, though, haha!

I always ended up being drawn to the shooting games, Time Crisis and House of the Dead also. Oh, and Crazy Taxi, lol. Every time I see a ramp on the road I want to jump it to win crazy points.

Ah....how did I forget about the shooting games! I'll add Lethal Enforcers, Virtua Cop, and Area 51. And yes!!! To this day I still love Crazy Taxi....loved it in the arcade and still own it and it's sequel on the Dreamcast. Recently played it testing out a Dreamcast emulator.

And I have to admit....I did enjoy the DDR arcade games as well.

Favorite game as a kid was def Star Trek the next generation for the genesis tied with Star Trek 25th anniversary for the NES. Yep, i'm a nerd like that. lol

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

You say it lik it's a bad thing. Love those old games.

Ah....how did I forget about the shooting games! I'll add Lethal Enforcers, Virtua Cop, and Area 51. And yes!!! To this day I still love Crazy Taxi....loved it in the arcade and still own it and it's sequel on the Dreamcast. Recently played it testing out a Dreamcast emulator.

And I have to admit....I did enjoy the DDR arcade games as well.

I dropped so much damn money on Area 51.  The other ones we played a lot were Tekken Tag and Marvel vs. Capcom. I would play until my wrists hurt.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Oh how I miss arcades! I remember playing the X-Men arcade (6 players?) and the TMNT 4 player game at the skating rink when I was a kid. In the arcade, I also loved Afterburner and Outrun. Later on I played a lot of Daytona USA and for the first time got into some fighting games, primarily the original Tekken and Virtua Fighters, then Soul Caliber.

I loved it when six people would get on the X-men Game. I always liked Colossus, because I loved killing a whole pile of bad guys who had ganged up on me with the special power button. Sadly many arcades now have nothing but ticket machines in them :(

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

You say it lik it's a bad thing. Love those old games.

I dropped so much damn money on Area 51.  The other ones we played a lot were Tekken Tag and Marvel vs. Capcom. I would play until my wrists hurt.

HAHA....good point! I still do love all the old games and will still drop my quarters in them all day. I never really got into the 2D fighters, but Tekken was always my go to 3D fighter.

I've seen new "mansitter" rooms at the mall.  You pay $10 or so per hour and can play all the Xbox you want.  It's dark in there and they have comfy chairs and big screens.

There's still a few Gameworks style places around too.  They're awesome.  Though my personal soft spot is pinball machines -- dig those things!  I'll take a good game of pinball over Street Fighter any day.

Modern consoles are killing off arcades just like Netflix is killing the movie theater.  Such is technology...

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Super Mario Bros 3, Wizards and Warriors, Mega Man 2, 3-D Worldrunner, and Dargon Quest were my favorite NES games. SNES is still my favorite console of all time, and my list of favorite games from that is epic.

My favorite was Super Mario Bros (we only owned 2 NES games for 2 or 3 years before we got a bunch).  After getting the SNES my favorite became TMNT IV: Turtles in Time.

Turtles in Time was cray awesome. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Oh man so many favorites...depended on the system for me I have had them all haha. 

NES- Zelda or Kickle Cubicle (which was a weird puzzle game)

Sega- NBA Jam or Mortal Kombat (cause blood was so cool back then)

Arcade- The Simpsons game

SNES- Chrono Trigger

PS- FF7 (my favorite game ever!)

I was always down with a Street Fighter or Area 51 arcade session as well :)

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

Never really had a chance to go to arcades a lot, there weren't any near me growing up.  The closest thing I had was at the hobby shop where they hosted Friday Night Magic.  My favorite cabinet there was Raiden II.

As for console games, my two favorites are kind of a weird group but I had an SNES first and I think by far my favorite and most overplayed (in fact I still play it today... just on an emulator) was Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.  Next for the PS1 was Legend of Dragoon.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

So funny thing, at the Providence RI airport, they have a game room with video games! Only, like, 3... 3 racing things and 2 others, but none I liked so I don't remember, haha. Such a good idea, if it were bigger. Love the idea of a "mansitter" room, too, haha... They'd have to make room for a gal though because I'd be there all the time, ha. 

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

I loved going to the arcade.  I also second the vote for pinball.  I'll still spend as much time as my wife will let me playing pinball if I find a machine somewhere.  If there's skeeball its all good cause she's off doing that.

I think my fave arcade game was that 4 player ninja turtles one.  I can remember 4 of us "younger brothers" playing that at the rink while our older brothers were on the ice.  We did that a lot, all with slush puppy drinks...

Level 2 Half-Orc Ranger

STR 4|DEX 2.6|STA 5.8|CON 8|WIS 2|CHA 3

MyFitnessPal|My Endomondo