Really awesome fish

Vian

So, I just made this for lunch, and it's SUUUUPER simple, but SOOOO tasty.

I thawed out a tilapia loin and seasoned it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I was thinking that some cajun blackening spice would be perfect to use instead though. I put some butter in a pan and let it get all melty and hot (med-high temp), then put the fish in and get it browned on both sides. Then I squeezed half a lemon over it and let the lemon juice get caramelized on the outside of the fish, flipping the fish once more until it actually starts to turn black. If it needs to cook more (like mine did) I throw a lid on it and turn the temp way down. Otherwise it's ready to eat. It would work for just about any white fish, and was seriously some of the best fish I've ever tasted. I served it with some sauteed french green beans with the same seasoning on them, and a baked sweet potato.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

I like to buy frozen wild caught salmon, thaw it, throw it in a cassarole dish, add butter, garlic powder and onion powder, and bake it.  it's awesome and super easy to make.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Glad you liked it :D

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

This is extremely similar to the way I've been cooking my fish lately (I had been grilling it for a few months, but doing the same thing every day gets monotonous). I thaw the tilapia, add the salt and pepper. Rather than adding garlic powder, I'll throw some minced garlic and onions (both of which are staples in almost everything I eat) into the butter and saute` them for a bit, then add the fish in. I don't think it truly matters one way or the other, more of a preference. I would like to inquire as to what you eat on the side, just for curiosity's sake and to find some ideas of what to do to switch up my every day routine.

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

STR: 8   STA: 10

AGI: 10   WIS: 5

CON: 7   CHA: 4

We must DARE to be GREAT;

and we must realize that GREATNESS is

the FRUIT of TOIL and SACRIFICE and HIGH COURAGE

I usually have some kind of veggie and maybe mashed sweet potato with it.