Hey fellow friends! I'm new to nerd fitness and am seeking some motivation. I have bought Steve's ebook and read most of it. I plan to start the workouts Monday. 

Please add me as a friend, send me some love, give me advice...anything really. There's so much to look at I'm a bit overwhelmed on where to start...

Thanks!

post-14264-0-03196500-1362779150_thumb.j

- JAYRAD (aspiring RANGER)

Identify what you want to change, start with achievable steps.

Myself if I don't leap into something feet first I never get moving, so my diet is 80% paleo starting today (if I don't have a reward system in place I lose motivation) and I'm going to be doing at home body weight work outs on top of the normal dog walks I take every day.

Set a schedule and stick with it, if you have a friend close by who you can work out with that is even better.

I agree with robocoastie. Find what you want to change, and research how to change it! Depending on how fast you want to change it, decide how fast you want to get yourself into it. As for me, easing my way never worked, so I jumped right on the Paleo diet and bodyweight routines from the start. Almost 3 weeks in and I've lost some 13+ fat pounds and gained a good couple pounds of muscle. I have one cheat day out of the week, and even on the cheat day I don't go overboard. I stick to vegetables, chicken, tuna, turkey and eggs. No milk, no caffeine, no juices. Water, green tea and nothing else. No processed sugars, that is the biggest one. Good luck with your adventures and welcome to the Rebellion!

I think the most important thing is to keep track of everything. Seems silly, but it's the only way to know your progressing.

Then one day you'll be able to look back at your tracking log and say. "Wow, I used to eat THAT?!" 

Kinda like old school papers if you read them after college. 

Current Challenge: Wufkar Stops Making Excuses

------------------------------------------------------

As others have said, pick what you want to change then focus on that.  Follow the SMART goal format.  If you are too broad in your goals or set out without any solid goals then you end up listing dead in the water with no direction.  I've been starting to become healthier and more fit for the past year and a half or so but never really made any concrete goals.  It is a lot easier to get side tracked or let yourself slip if you don't have something set like I want to be at x by time y, without a solid time frame you're just drifting

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

Just like everyone else is saying start today, even if it's something small. I just started on Wed. in the middle of the week, and jumped into the 6 week challenge a week after it started. Just go with it. Lots of great info and people on here. I try to add one new thing (activity, food, habit, change) each day, soon it will all come together.

archer8 

level 2 Satyr adventurer

Challenge 1, 2STR:8 DEX:4 STA:6.25 CON:4.75 WIS:6 CHA:1

Possessions: Babel Fish,Cloak of Invisibility, Belt of Endurance, carrot nunchucks, fire flower powerup