NerdFitness on Wikipedia

(Please be gentle about my mistakes, im French teheh)

Hello you all Proud NF followers !

I'v just receive my answer from Steeve on : Why NerdFitness does'nt have a wikipedia full page yet ?!  :hypnotysed: 

"The thing about wikipedia is that somebody else needs to write it, i'm not allowed to write about myself or my site; so, some random person made a wikipedia page about me, which is both funny and strange :)If somebody were to make a page about Nerd Fitness, I'd be okay with it, but that's for somebody else to decide!"

Bouhh..  :( Sadly sad story.

So , I would write or translate it glady in french but I Obviously CAN'T do it in english and the web site deserve a real good article on NerdFitness.com. I am new here and my first reflex was to wiki Nerdfitness and I hadn't find anythings.

How desapointing.

So here my idea : You english guys, should make a contest, an essai, i don't know.. something ! about this. a proposal of an iadea of arcticle on wiki.

What do you think ? Was it already made ? Is there someone up for this ?  :highly_amused:

Bisoux,

Marie-Noëlle

et ils ne savaient pas que c'était impossible, alors ils l'ont fait ! "  

Sweet, thanks Kishi.

Post topics and briefs you have on this thread and we can vote on what should go where.

Any ideas what our outline should look like? I don't want to overflow anything, but I would love to make additions to the page a smooth process.

Let folks know we're doing this and ask them to post things on this thread that they'd like to see on wiki.

Thanks and Cheers, T    :smiley_simmons:

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

Here's a simple outline:

• Overview (basic description, philosophy behind site)
  • History (when it started, how it developed)
  • Impact (reference how NF has changed the world - or at least how the world has reacted, such as Steve's Google talk)
  • Pop Culture References (common nerdy themes - Star Wars, LOTR, Shawshank Redemption, Mario, Lego images, etc)
  • References (links to all manner of NF references)

Incidentally, while Nerd Fitness is absent from Wikipedia, there is a page for Steve Kamb...

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

writing stuff out, let me know what you think:

Overview: Nerdfitness is a fitness blog and community created by Steve Kamb centered around the phrase "Level up your life, every single day."  The blog usually centers around using different nerd culture icons (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Mario, etc.) to draw a parallel with fitness.  The Nerd Fitness Community forum centers around supporting each other in their fitness adventures and helping one another achieve their goals.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Replying to subscribe, keep at it guys.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Nice Thirster

Overview: Nerdfitness is a fitness blog and community created by Steve Kamb centered around the phrase "Level up your life, every single day."  The blog usually centers around using different nerd culture icons (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Mario, etc.) to draw a parallel with fitness.  The Nerd Fitness Community forum centers around supporting each other in their fitness adventures and helping one another achieve their goals.

Will accept edits by folks. It's okay to be picky as we want this to be great, just be respectful as well. I know, I'm preaching to the choir!

my one note: how do we write NF officially? Two words, one with two caps, etc...

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Nice Thirster

Will accept edits by folks. It's okay to be picky as we want this to be great, just be respectful as well. I know, I'm preaching to the choir!

my one note: how do we write NF officially? Two words, one with two caps, etc...

if you look at the page titles, they all say "Nerd Fitness" when not looking at a specific topic.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Okay, overview is a go for now. Excellent work Thirster.

As far as Wikipedia is concerned, NF needs to have some notoriety in order to not get deleted. The Wiki article we're writing also has to be neutral in its wording.

So, research we need:

1. articles about NF, not interviews
  2. video/tv news clips
  3. find out how popular NF is within the fitness world
  4. find someone who isn't affiliated, but knows about NF and has verified it's results or explains it well

If folks want to work on one or more of these, just holler out what number you're working on so we don't get too much overlap, thanks.

The Way

Better Now than Later On