• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Depends on what you are into really. Over summer is a great time to be here. There is always a lot happening at the various beach locations. Queenstown and Wanaka are quite popular around New Years, as are the Coromandel, Bay of Plenty and Bay of Islands. Middle of the North island has a lot to offer around Rotorua and Taupo, lots of outdoor and adrenaline stuff. Make sure you get out of Auckland as the rest of the country is quite different. Most people find the South island to be the most interesting in terms of scenery and tramps. Abel Tasman national park has a nice easy tramp along the coast. As to where to stay, check out couchsurfing or similar for free options. There are backpackers hostels in most tourist areas, or there is always the option of camping out. I know there are some freedom camping spots, and also paid campgrounds for better facilities.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm going to be in NZ from the 26th November to 12 January and I need some advice on where to stay and what to do/see.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hey - we will be in NZ for some of that time as well. Going to see highlights of both islands in 12 days. :)

Hi Elfsfaire,

Given your profile you could not have picked a better destination.

I would assume you're doing things like Hobbiton and the whole LOTR thing?

Amovingtarget:

You need to do Hot water beach.

Then hit up the south Island, Queenstown, and some of the most stunning scenery in the world.