Why do you run? / What do you run for?

I run because i always said/thought i couldn't since elementary school

I run because i have cystic fibrosis

I run because i want to run after my 4yr old son without losing my breath

Because i want to live long for my family and the new baby growing inside me

Because i have legs

Because i love it

And also to shape up my shape and be fit!

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

I run to get my time down for the military, and whenever a Glow Run or Color Run comes up on my side of town I'll pay to run just because its fun. I live in Ohio too, so these Buckeye fans up here are amusing. I'm from South Carolina and I'll sport Gamecock gear just to see what kind of looks I get from people. The "Haha what kind of team has "Cocks" in it" is pretty standard.

"The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war!" FLT 639

A few reasons I run.

I am 50 lbs overweight, lost 12 lbs since I started this spring. It's the only thing that works.

I want to keep up when I'm hiking.

I don't want a heart attack... ever... Severe family history.

I feel better in general since I started.

My foot pain is better, I stand on my feet a lot at work.

I am looking sexier.

I get a kick out of the wildlife, especially lizards who like to race for short stints.

I have more energy in general, less tired after work.

Feel good going a little further, a little faster.

The Oatmeal's running comic is a huge inspiration.

aja8u8a9.jpg

• Like 1

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

I run to get my time down for the military, and whenever a Glow Run or Color Run comes up on my side of town I'll pay to run just because its fun. I live in Ohio too, so these Buckeye fans up here are amusing. I'm from South Carolina and I'll sport Gamecock gear just to see what kind of looks I get from people. The "Haha what kind of team has "Cocks" in it" is pretty standard.

O-H....(Ninja edit, most of us Buckeyes are good people, don't confuse the mascot for the school for the state symbol of the locals)

I run because if I stop running, how the hell do I get home?

• Like 2

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.

Runkeeper ID http://runkeeper.com...lloyd77/profile add me!

O-H....(Ninja edit, most of us Buckeyes are good people, don't confuse the mascot for the school for the state symbol of the locals)

I run because if I stop running, how the hell do I get home?

I - O!

Anyways, I run (jog... walk as fast as my knees let me) because I need to move. And also because of the Blerch. I may not be able to get to the gym all the time but I can always get on the treadmill or enjoy the night . It is also a stress relief when having a bad day (which is become every day).

I run to feel good about myself, have some much needed alone time when it's just me and my music and no Internet, books, real world, etc to reflect on myself, my goals, my week ahead, and brainstorm stories and figure things out on all sorts of fronts, and the endorphin high.

Also, to run from zombies. Yay, Zombies, Run!

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

I run because:

1. It's my meditation time. I live next to countryside and let me tell you there's nothing nicer than running on a quiet track where the only thing you can hear is the birds and the sound of leaves in the wind.
  2. It really helps my boxing. Boxing and running go hand in hand.
  3. After a good morning run, I feel nice and tired. I have problems staying still and not doing something, and running really helps that.

SugarRay Lycan - Monk

Level 4 - STR : 5 | DEX : 8 | STA : 3 | CON : 5 | WIS : 8 | CHA : 1

Challenges: No. 1 - No.2 - No.3 - No.3: SugarRay's Comeback Match.

The first time I started running, I did it to lose weight and to see if I could (before I started, I'd never run more than 1.5 km in one go one time in grade 9 gym class and I felt like I was going to throw up after). Now I do it because I enjoy it (although losing a bit of weight would be good too).

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: Current, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

Coming late to the party, here, but I'll put my $.02  in...

I am a chronic people-pleaqser and have always had issues measuring myself by what others think of me.  So when I read Henry Rollins' essay "Lessons from the Iron," which was posted here a while back, I realized that 5 miles is always 5 miles, and no matter what I can test myself against it and it will always tell me the truth. 

My students, my boss, my friends, my ex, everyone had ups and downs and react to me based on what they are feeling.  Much love to all these people, but I can not base my self image on such a fluctuating foundation.  Running never lies.  Either I have done the training, or I haven't.

Another reason is the one my dad always says--"Because it feels so good to stop."

• Like 2

Level 3 Half Elf Scout

Str-- 3  Dex-- 2  Wis-- 3  Con-- 5  Sta-- 3  Cha-- 0 Int-- 2

I run for the shear joy of it.  I run to find out that I am able to do more than I realized.  I run because I could not for 2 years as I struggled with a terrible RA flare and I could barely do anything without tears or exhaustion.  I run because I love how the air feels as I move through space.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Because I never thought I could, and I am proving to myself that I am more amazing, more capable, and so much stronger than I ever gave myself credit for.

And to hear the elderly Japanese men fishing off the docks yell "Ganbatte*!" at the crazy gaijin woman.

*Do your best!

• Like 3

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

I would say that I run for the (paleo) cookies. Or the wine. Or something like that, because it's funny and an easy way to explain to non-runners why I run. But the reality is that I run because RUNNING. I love the motion, the mental space it gives me, the opportunities to see the beauty in the world around me in a way that I never could in a car or even walking. Running is its own reward.

• Like 2