Hello!

I'm a wife and a first time mom. I have a beautiful daughter who brings me so much joy .... and drives me kinda crazy... on a daily basis. Honestly I'm blessed to be able to stay home with her most of the time, but I work also. I work 2 or 3 12-hour overnight shifts a week as a nurse.

I've never been teeny tiny, but my weight started bothering me enough for me to actually do something consistantly after my daughter was born. 2, 4, 6, 8, 9 months after her birth, and I had not lost any of the pregnancy weight keeping me at an unhealthy 210lbs. Just to be clear... I still weighed the same that I weighed fully pregnant at 40 weeks!!!

So in January I decided it was really time for a change. I started working out and counting my calories. I've lost 12 lbs eating 1530-2100 calories a day and doing Turbo Jam (40 minutes) or Zumba (50 minutes) 4-6 times a week.

Last week I had to stop my work-outs because my knee had begun to hurt. I felt kind of disgruntled with the whole thing and though I'd start something different to keep my momentum up. Part of my idea for this journey is not to spend a bunch of money (no gym membership, new bike, lots of new equipment etc) SO I had decided to try body weight circuits. I stumbled across Nerd Fitness and I was hooked!! I read the Basic Body Weight Circuit and really liked Steve's support of people working out at home. I decided to read some other articles, and I literally had to stop myself and go to bed!!! haha. After reading Staci's story I decided to jump in with both feet. She is what I've always wanted to look like!!!

My Goals:

-Basic Body Weight Routine MWF

-Start eating Paleo by Monday 3/18

-Weigh weekly on Friday Morning. I'm hoping for a weight loss of 1 lb a week, but I anticipate a little delay as I figure out what works with my work-outs and Paleo

-Measurements once monthly on the first Friday of every month starting in April

- Figure out how cardio factors into my workouts in the next two weeks

- Buy some calipers in the next two weeks to start measuring body fat

Seems like a lot maybe, but if I'm gonna do this... I'm gonna do it.

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

You have a good set of goals. I would suggest finding a class/creating your character and do a challenge. We are in week 3 but you could still join and do a mini one. It's a great way to focus your goals and get a plan of attack.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

Thank you guys!! I feel very welcomed. I think I will look into doing a 3 week mini challenge. Gotta get my attributes up! :playful:

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/