• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ride_uphill

Anyone else in Ohio?

Well, I am not from Ohio, but I have some really good friends in the Columbus area.  I will be making my way out that way this summer (hopefully)?  

Not sure how close that is to you?  Ohio is a HUGE state...  

Hey! An Ohio post finally showed up. Long time lurker, first time poster in Columbus. I'm always looking for more like-minded rebels in the area. None of my friends really have that interest to exercise...or eat healthy for that matter. :peaceful:

Hey, everyone!  I'm in Dover a little town down 77 from Akron and Canton.  Was thinking about setting a goal for the August Warrior Dash if I think I can train up in time.  Anyone else looking at that one?

Hey WalkingDeadlift:

I see that you're training for events, in what area are those events taking place? I've been thinking about the Tough Mudder in Maysville, KY in October but didn't know of anything closer.

All in Central Ohio.

Ranger Run: June '13 - Granville, Ohio

Warrior Dash: Aug '13 - This is Ohio II its in N. Lawarence, Ohio. Ohio I is in Buttler, Ohio in June.

Emerald City Quarter Marathon: Aug '13 - Dublin, Ohio

Ohio Zombie Run Oct '13 - Alum Creek State Park

Dayton! I've done three Warrior Dashes, but decided to sit out this year. (Actually, I sold my registration to a friend.) Started to regret it when I saw everyone's pictures start to show up on facebook. And then someone told me about the Mudathlon in August. Anyone ever do the Mudathlon? It has 40 obstacles, which seems a bit crazy, but maybe that's why I'm thinking about doing. The $80 price tag is a bit hard to swallow though. I've never paid that much for the Warrior Dash. Is it worth it?

excellent!  I was planning on hitting early signup this weekend but RL interfered. :-)   Hope to get signed up this week.  Have you done something like this before? This will be my first.

No, I haven't. I only started getting in shape about two months ago and I thought that that would be a really cool thing to do. It would make me feel really successful in this venture. Definitely looking forward to it. I've been wanting to hit my goal weight before we move and I thought that would be one cool thing to do just before the move. I haven't officially signed up yet, but I will soon, as well.