Here is the OFFICIAL tread for the PVP throw down between Pwallace and Idealistinfire!

Here are the rules:

each participants will complete the P90X fitness test with the addition of a timed 1/2 mile. 

The P90X fitness test consist of: 

vertec.gif
  • Pull-Ups â€” do the maximum number of pull up to failure. P90X suggest that you should be able to do at least 3 pull-ups if male, 1 pull-up if female.
  • Vertical Leap â€” a vertical jump off a single step. P90X suggest that you should have a vertical leap of at least 5 inches if male, 3 inches if female.
  • Push-Ups â€” maximum number, females may do it off their knees. P90X suggest that you should be able to do at least 15 if male, 3 if female (or 15 push-ups off your knees).
  • Toe Touch â€” this is the traditional sit and reach test. P90X suggest that your reach should be no less than 6 inches from your toes.
  • Wall squats â€” sit and hold the 'chair' position against a wall for as long as possible. P90X suggest that you should be able to hold the wall squat for at least 1 minute.
  • Bicep Curls â€” a test of the maximum number of bicep curls that can be performed at a set weight. P90X suggest that you should be able to do at least 10 curls with 20 lbs. if male and at least 10 curls with 8 lbs. if female.
  • In and Outs â€” record the total number of ins and outs performed - you should be able to do at least 25.

Both contestants will post the results of their fitness test no later than Monday, March 18th at midnight. Each contestant will work out on to their own program. Both contestants will commit to at least 3 workouts per week for the next 2 months. On Monday, May 20th, both contestants will will post the results of their final fitness test. The winner will be the contestant that improved in the most different parts of the fitness test. The looser of the PVP will buy the winner a Nerd Fitness Tshirt. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Starting point: recorded after warm-up of 1/4 mile speed walking with stretches

1/2 mile run (on track at gym): 6minutes, 24 seconds

Pull-Ups: 0 (<1 inch gain)

Vertical Leap: 5 3/4" (I followed

was that correct?  If not, I'll redo it on Wednesday - can't tomorrow since I gave blood this afternoon)

Push-Ups: 1 3/4 regular push-ups

Toe-Touch: 0

Wall squats: 44 seconds

Bicep curls, 8lb weight: 19 right, 23 left

Ins and Outs: 0 full length, 12 w/ legs only

I may not be strong now, but I will be!  You better work hard if you hope to improve as much as I will!

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Hahaha I relish a challenge!

Starting point: recorded after warm-up of 1/2 mile job w/stretches

1/2 mile run (on track at gym): 6minutes, 32 seconds...you got me beat so far

Pull-Ups: 0 

Vertical Leap: 10" 

Push-Ups: 11 regular pushups

Toe-Touch: +4 inches

Wall squats: 36 seconds

Bicep curls, 15lb weight: 17 right, 17 left

Ins and Outs: 30 (16 with hands in the air)

Completed my workout, 1/2 mile jog/run then finished up w/ 1/2 mile in the pool... I WANT THAT SHIRT!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

No way - I want that shirt more than you do!  That shirt is mine!

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Workout yesterday nearly killed me but I powered through. Swimming today. when I tired I picture that Tshirt at the end of the lap. i will reach it!!!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Amazing what a little competition can do, isn't it?  I had Power Yoga last night and normally I slack off about half-way through, but not last night!  Did all those chaturanga-dondassa until I literally collapsed on the 2nd to last one of an 1 1/2 class.   No way am I losing this contest.  Speaking of which, it's a running day and it's actually sunny!  Gee darn, I have to be outside.  Good luck swimming!

So I think you are winning this week (GRAB THE EXCUSE HELMET CAUSE HERE COMES A BUNCH OF CRAP ONES) Monday night I slept bad so I didn't workout tuesday cause I was exhausted, Yesterday I was up and ready to go lift and my best friend called and wanted me to help him move (aka move a few boxes then stand there talking) then people were over last night so I only ate crap all day long. Today started Blah, overslept, almost got run into on the way to work, dumb customers all day blah blah blah. I am going to go swim today and I am going complete atleast 2 of my goals (swimming a full lap underwater AND swimming a mile in under an hour) I WILL get those stat points and I WILL win this challenge

Also great job on the Yoga. I always wimp out about 15 minutes in, I would rather lift than do yoga so I really should do more but I try to supliment w/other things

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I've decided moving crap counts as a workout - I was suppose to do body weights today but I spent a total of 9 hours detailing my house, including moving couches, a refrigerator and a few tables and I'm tired.  But at least my food's on track!  I'll give you a pass for the week so far but No excuses tomorrow!  You don't want to lose to a formerly-lazy person such as myself, do you??

How goes the workin out? this week has been absolutily horrible for my good food intake. Easter threw me off then having lots of candy around (if there is candy in the house I eat it. I have 0 self controll when it comes to that) BUT I am startin out stong again tomorrow going shopping and going back to paleo and rockin it hard! have you outrun your puppy yet?

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

YES!  Well, kind of.  I have a dog park 1.5 miles form my house, so I did interval training to the house, let the pup off leash for a bit while I recovered and then interval training back home.  By the end of the run, she was definitely lagging and she actually slowed down my final sprint :)  That may be my favorite trail to run of all the paths closest to my house.

However, I feel like I've been slacking because of the back injury and am now definitely ready to start again.  I'll be careful of my back but I'm still pushing hard! 

Also, candy/junk food in the house is terrible for me too.  One plus side to my bf's crappy schedule, however, is since I'm eating most of my meals on my own, I can actually make health versions without catering to his very limited menus.  So although my junk food is still bad, my main meals are getting healthier.  Small steps!

Also, one trick for having candy in the house is to put it in a ziplock bag, then put the in a jar/box with a lid and stuff it into the most out-of-the-way location in the kitchen (or closet) that you can think of - that, at least, stops the mindless eating of candy

that is awesome about your pup slowin you haha. good idea about the candy. shouldnt be an issue anymore though i kinda ate all of it. bad side i ate it, good side least its not in the house anymore

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Today was a good workout, except that I forgot my inhaler for the interval running so ended up walk more of it than normal.  BUT I got an extra push-up from my starting point (2.75 versus the original 1.75) during my body weight routine and I pushed myself hard enough through the two routines that I literally had to rest on the floor flat out for a few minutes before I could get up again.  I wanted to do a third, but too shaky.  I really need to eat better so I can do these workouts.  Hope your pushing yourself just as hard or you're going to be out a tee-shirt and 25-ish bucks! 

haha congratulations on the pushups. feels great when you can push more out than when you started. I am starting my lifting for this week (planning on maxing out on friday.) AND I have a mission on zombie 5k today so needless to say I am goign to be tired. I also have been pushign myself hard and I am happy to say that I am able to do .75 of a pull up now instead of 0. Just a week or two more and I'll have atleast one! I am impressed that you made it throug 2 routines w/out the inhaler. How are you feelin durring the workouts? feelin betteR? I need to work on my eating as well. although I have realized that my favorite foods are pretty much paleo already. We had Corned beef with carrots and sweet potatoes last night and I had soem for lunch today. YUMM! tonight is going to be paleo pizza!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

so goodnews and bad news for me today. good news: i ran week 2 mission 1 in zombies 5k. bad s: i forgot my workout log at home so i had . no clue what i was supposed to lift so i am lifting tomorrow instead of guessing. hows your back doing?

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Backs good (aka - pain free) but feeling weaker.  My planks are terrible right now, but hopefully that'll get better soon.  Nicely done on the run and good luck lifting tomorrow!  Although I'm nowhere near pull-ups (I don't think, haven't had a chance to try yet), I'm super excited you're almost there!  Keep it up!

BAM! completed my lifting this am with 2 minutes to space. quick shower then I was off to work.

I got in my

• Squats
  • Deadlifts
  • barbell row
  • hammer curl
  • in/outs
  • mason twist
  • pushups

Lookin at increasing the amount of curls that I do. I have been neglecting my arms in an attempt to increase the other larger muscle groups.going to max out on friday I think. also hoping to push for that one pullup on friday!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Nice work!

Excited because I've added more weights to my arm exercises!  They're almost too heavy since I can only add weight in 5lb jumps, but hey, just means I'll get stronger quicker, right? :)

Thats awesome about adding in weights. How are you feeling after adding them in? are your numbers going up faster? I usually go up by 5lbs every week or so depending on the exercise.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

I had not thought about adding an extra 5lbs every week, but maybe I should!!  And somehow a week just went by without me doing any weight training at all!! Bleck, my distance running is distracting me - June 1st, I am running (hopfelly) 13 miles of a 50 miles relay-race.  Each leg is between 3.5 - 5 miles, so not too difficult, but that's a lot of miles in a day!

How's your training going?

I haven't heard from you in a while How are the workouts going? Are you getting stronger and seeing changes? should I be absolutly terrified that you are going to blow me out of the water and I will have to buy you that tshirt? I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs

You'll just have to wait :)

Okay, so my results are below.  I have a confession - I had a system malfunction for the last 3 -4 weeks and failed to do a single workout besides walking with friends and one or two runs.  So no doubt, I owe you a tee-shirt.  Damn.  At some point before end of summer, I want a rematch, if you're interested.

Also, I had to cancel my gym membership for a couple months, so the running comparison isn't perfect but everything else is pretty close to the original test.

1/2 mile run (outside over a hill or two and through the grass): 6minutes, 3 seconds   (21 sec improvement)

Pull-Ups: 1.75 inches (1.75 in improvement)

Vertical Leap: 8.25 inches (2.5 in improvement)

Push-Ups: 2.5 regular push-ups (.75 gain)

Toe-Touch: 1.25 inches (1.25 in. improvement)

Wall squats: 61 seconds (17 sec improvement)

Bicep curls, 11lb weight: 19 right, 20 left (Improvement = +56lbs right, +36lbs left)

So if I multiply the weight times the reps, I originally had 153 lbs for the right, and 184lbs for the left.  This time I had 209lbs on the right, 220 on the left.

Ins and Outs: 3.5 full length, 20 w/ legs only (improvement = 3.5 full, 8 legs only)

alright here goes my numbers

1/2 mile run (on track at gym): 4 Minutes 29 seconds (That is a 2 minute 3 second improvement)

Pull-Ups: 2.5 (A 2.5 improvement

Vertical Leap: 24"  (14 inch improvement)

Push-Ups: 19 regular pushups ( 8 more than before)

Toe-Touch: +9 inches (5 more inches than before)

Wall squats: 34 seconds (2 inches less UGH!)

Bicep curls, 30lb weight: 7 right, 7 left (Increase of 95lbs)  I multiply the weight times the reps, I originally had 255 lbs for the right, and 255lbs for the left.  This time I had 350lbs on the right, 350 on the left.

Ins and Outs: 38 all w/hands in air (an increase of 22 (I only counted the ones that I had my hands in the air for))

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

Estemated 1RM

Goal Weight 1000lbs