The Beginning of an Epic Montage

Hey there,

So I'm really good at short term goals - I can eat only raw vegetables and small amounts of animal protien for 30 days, or juice fast for 20, or workout for 6 weeks. But then tranistioning my gung-ho, super stoked attitude into a more moderate healthy lifestyle has been the challenge. 

But this is the next beginning! And as long as I keep moving - I'm bound to get somewhere, right? So I want this part of my life to be the long, hard working part of that awesome training montage with the best song, that turns me into the better me. 

A little about me:

I'm a teacher, currently substitute teaching while waiting for a positition. Ask me about this - it's both horrific and hilarious.

Doing anything but snacking and vegging after a long day at school seems atrocious - but that's what montages are about, doing the hard, ugly part.

I swim alot - I love it

I run a little bit - I love having DONE it ... but hate doing it.

I'm scared of the weight section of the gym - but I'm looking forward to conquering it.

-Madness

Welcome, Madness! Agree long- term steady progress is tougher than short-term intensity, but life's a marathon, not a sprint, right? You may like the 6 week challenges -- I think another will be starting in a few weeks -- they let you focus on some goals somewhat short-term, but long enough to make habits you can build on next time around.

Sounds like you already know some things that work for you, and are open to trying others, so you're starting in a good place.

As for substitute teaching -- **remembers the horror that was junior high school -- shudders**

Madness..? MADNESS?! THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!!!!

Anyways. Welcome to the Rebellion! Get to it, stick to it and don't quit! You got this! Start making meals for a week out, as you are a school teacher I think this would be great for you! Make chicken, cut it up, put them in separate baggies and freeze. Get some frozen steam veggies (they cost like $1.25, no additives and taste GREAT) to add with it and BAM! 7 minute meals, HEALTHY and good to go. You might think it would get a bit boring after a while, but if you mess around with your recipes it really doesn't! Also, maybe check into tuna steaks. They cost about $2.00, have 35g of protein and taste awesome! Start with the Beginner's Body Weight Routine and go from there. I find it helps a lot, especially getting your strength up and ready for GYM TIME! Check out the Bar Brothers, which you will find in my signature. Awesome stuff there! Start up a Daily Battle Log to keep you accountable, and if you're interested in nerding out with us, start your character, pick a class guild and get in on the 6 week challenges!