Guys, seriously, I need some friends.

Ahh ok. I think the Darth Revan book is set in between the games. It was pretty good and I wanted to know what happened but I never got around to playing the games. I know the Old Republic Online game is now free, but I know I'll get sucked in and I don't have that much spare time at the moment.

Yeah definitely check out the Darth Bane books. Really good to read things from the point of view of someone rising up the ranks of the Sith Empire when it was at its peak, and seeing how it falls

Ahh ok. I think the Darth Revan book is set in between the games. It was pretty good and I wanted to know what happened but I never got around to playing the games. I know the Old Republic Online game is now free, but I know I'll get sucked in and I don't have that much spare time at the moment.

Yeah definitely check out the Darth Bane books. Really good to read things from the point of view of someone rising up the ranks of the Sith Empire when it was at its peak, and seeing how it falls

That sounds pretty awesome! 

Yeah, my biggest memory was the ending to the first game. Revan died. :D But then the second one starts off with you dreaming about being Revan, something along those lines, and you wake up in a ship being attacked by the Sith and all that fun stuff! 

So all this KOTOR, Revan, Deceived, Fatal alliance, and Lost tribe of the Sith, etc that you guys are talking about is a part of Star Wars 'world'?  hmmm I will have to look in to this.

Anywho...

Just finished episode 4!   And I enjoyed it.  Some parts took a little getting used and I had to keep reminding myself that the first three episodes were made AFTER.  My one big complaint is that there wasn't enough lightsaber action in it...I'm a sucker for lots of action and explosions and there were some good fights going on.  Some of my friends who have watched Star Wars love the first movies but absolutely hate the old ones...I don't get why they hate them.  Luke Skywalker is like that annoying little brother you just want to smack upside the head....he's kind of like Anakin in Episode 2....he's got a lot to learn.   Oh and hellloooo Hans Solo!  Haha Harrison Ford was a good lookin' guy back in the day. 

Still loving these episodes so far!

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

So all this KOTOR, Revan, Deceived, Fatal alliance, and Lost tribe of the Sith, etc that you guys are talking about is a part of Star Wars 'world'?  hmmm I will have to look in to this.

Anywho...

Just finished episode 4!   And I enjoyed it.  Some parts took a little getting used and I had to keep reminding myself that the first three episodes were made AFTER.  My one big complaint is that there wasn't enough lightsaber action in it...I'm a sucker for lots of action and explosions and there were some good fights going on.  Some of my friends who have watched Star Wars love the first movies but absolutely hate the old ones...I don't get why they hate them.  Luke Skywalker is like that annoying little brother you just want to smack upside the head....he's kind of like Anakin in Episode 2....he's got a lot to learn.   Oh and hellloooo Hans Solo!  Haha Harrison Ford was a good lookin' guy back in the day. 

Still loving these episodes so far!

They sure are! And awesome, glad you like the old ones! Most people have gotten so used to the newer technology, they seem to lose all respect for the older movies! Ah well, I love them all still :P

I think the best part about the old ones is that Lucas actually made a world that looked lived in. Nothing is shiny and new, everything looks quite old and beaten up. Except maybe the Death Star. I'm pretty sure there's even one point where you can hear two Stormtroopers walking out of shot asking each other how their families are

I  like that fact that R2 wasn't bright and shiny for the entire movie. 

A lot of times the older movies are better than newer ones because they didn't have all the fancy technology, like you said it makes the world look a lot more lived in.

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

This is true.

Elder: Have you gotten a chance to see the people that play the characters? Such as R2 and C3P0? I remember when I was little I had seen a little documentary, and my favorite part that always made me laugh was seeing the little guy in the R2 costume getting stuck on something and falling over :P

Synyster, I actual saw the guy that played R2 a few years ago, he was at a comic-con I went to. Really was tiny

That's awesome! I've always wanted to go to a comic-con and even a cosplay. They both sound like fun, even if it's a lot more nerd than I am used to getting in to :D It's different and entertaining...at least I'd like to believe that's how it is!

There's a person in R2D2?!?!?!!  You just blew my mind!  I thought there was someone in C3P0 but I just figured R2 was just a machine....must check this out!

I think it would be so much fun to go to a Comic-Con or a Cosplay.  However I would be going alone because all my current friends are "too cool" for nerdy things like that.

Have you watched episode 6 yet elder?

Guys if there's a comic-con near you you should just drag someone a long. Even if they aren't that interested in comics, there's normal plenty there. The one I went to had lots of actors doing signings. Plus there was a cosplay event which was really fun to watch. I need to get to one this year myself

Have you watched episode 6 yet elder?

Guys if there's a comic-con near you you should just drag someone a long. Even if they aren't that interested in comics, there's normal plenty there. The one I went to had lots of actors doing signings. Plus there was a cosplay event which was really fun to watch. I need to get to one this year myself

I am hoping to go to at least one comic-con and one cosplay this year! AND...I will be dragging my wife along, as she agreed to go with me. Yes...that answer will change when the time comes, but I will tell her it doesn't matter...SHE IS GOING! :D

No :( it's been a pretty busy week so far.  But I will have time this weekend since I am going "home" to see family so I will have lots of lazy time!  And I still need to watch #5 before #6.

I have to look in to where a comic-con is, I think the closest is about 8 hours from me.  I don't mind going by myself, I do most things by myself any ways.

So big plans for the weekend...if you are celebrating Easter?  It is going to be my first time away from my house and daily routine where I have to keep up with my diet and workout routine, so it should be interesting.  I think the working out will be easy.  I am going to do a body weight workout on Friday and go for a run on Saturday.  I think the biggest challenge will be the food.  I have two dinners to go to, one at my mom's and one at my dad's.  My mom's dinner should be fairly Paleo, I will just have to stay away from the potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and dessert!  But I think I am going to get a sweet potato or some other good veggies so I can have those on hand to eat.  My dad's girlfriend always cooks like there's 37 people coming to dinner when in reality its only usually 5 or 6 of us.  There is usually three meats, lasagne, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, fresh buns, etc, etc, etc.  But I think I will be able to manage.

I am not 100% Paleo, I'm about 80/20 so if I make sure there are lots of good veggies around then I will be ok.

Have you guys gone big family gatherings where no one else is consciously trying to eat healthy? How did it go?

My family doesn't have big family gatherings sadly, most of my family is fallen apart, disappeared or...no longer living haha. I live in a house though where no one cares to eat healthy, so that's sorta the same right?? I just ignore their diet, say no to the bad stuff and stick to my food. I have calculated the costs, and my food is much cheaper than theirs anyways :D No more than 150$ for a month worth of food for me!

Ok guys I finished Episode VI.  I have to say that it was my favourite.  I actually like them all they're great!  I love how Anakin in episode 4 looks so much like Anakin from the first episodes.  I thought the entire time that Luke was going to have to battle and kill Darth Vadar.  It was an unexpected twist when they had their little father/son moment.  

Question though....ok a few  I am sure it explains things better in the books (?) but while the emperor and Darth Vadar were in power how were all the different planets affected?  They showed everyone cheering at the end but I didn't see that they were treated badly while the emperor was in power.  Did the empire go around killing and pillaging or what?  And what was he going to use the death star for?  It seems like it was more of a revenge thing between Sith and Jedi and didn't have anything to do with 'the people'.  Unless I missed something.

I love the first one because of Jar-Jar. Everyone seems to hate him ever since that came out, but I think he's funny.

Same here! Everyone always says things like "omg I hate Jar-Jar, hes so annoying" And I'm just like ... He's one of my favorite characters.

Elf Adventurer

Level 1

STR: 2   CON: 3

DEX: 3   WIS: 3

STA: 2   CHA: 3

Current Challenge

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees."

"The only sin in life is a seed unplanted."

Ok guys I finished Episode VI.  I have to say that it was my favourite.  I actually like them all they're great!  I love how Anakin in episode 4 looks so much like Anakin from the first episodes.  I thought the entire time that Luke was going to have to battle and kill Darth Vadar.  It was an unexpected twist when they had their little father/son moment.  

Question though....ok a few  I am sure it explains things better in the books (?) but while the emperor and Darth Vadar were in power how were all the different planets affected?  They showed everyone cheering at the end but I didn't see that they were treated badly while the emperor was in power.  Did the empire go around killing and pillaging or what?  And what was he going to use the death star for?  It seems like it was more of a revenge thing between Sith and Jedi and didn't have anything to do with 'the people'.  Unless I missed something.

What the Deathstar was for is in its name :P It was going to be used to destroy planets, which he had shown happen when Princess Leia was held captive. It was more of a "We use the brute, strong, destructive side of the force, we want more power and we're going to take it." Sort of thing.

Same here! Everyone always says things like "omg I hate Jar-Jar, hes so annoying" And I'm just like ... He's one of my favorite characters.

Yay :D Another one to agree with me!

Jar-Jar was my favorite. One of my aunts even gave me an inflatable Jar-Jar for the pool; it was by far the coolest pool toy I ever got.

Double yay :D I find so very few people who actually like him!

I forgot to mention, living out at WSMR, this is where George Lucas had gotten a lot of his sound effects for shooting and explosions and lasers, and to thank them for it, he gave them the original Darth Vader helmet used in the older movies. I like to go over to the museum once in a while to look at it :P Maybe I can get a picture of it next time I go to post up!