Disclaimer: I've never posted regularly on any forum, so I'm a textbook n00b.  I don't know the etiquette of this thread, but I figured the first post would be a good place to set up my baseline.

It has been two months, but I finally made the transition to full Paleo a week ago.  So far so good, down about ten pounds.  The transition wasn't too bad, except I hit a hiccup when I switched jobs.  A lot of eating out for lunch when I left the old gig.  A man only has so much will power and after watching people down pizza and burgers for lunch everyday I had to break the diet or go crazy.

Anyway, I'm back to my routine of bringing my lunch to work and eating healthy.

Typical day of eating for me right now:

Breakfast: Two eggs (over-easy), two slices of bacon (mmm...pepper bacon) OR three turkey sausage links, tea, and lots of water.

Lunch: One handful of nuts, spinach salad (with carrots, bell peppers, cucumber, sometimes tomato, and 1 T of Oil/vinegar dressing)

Snack: Either a protein shake (mixed with water) or a small portion of last night's dinner leftovers.

Dinner: Something from this list (Mark's Daily Apple recipe archive) with the dairy cut out. 

My goal for training right now is completeing the Tough Mudder in Kansas City in the fall.  My biggest worry with that is the amount of hanging there is and the fact that I can't currently do a pullup.  The race is 10ish miles with 25 obstacles, so if they're evenly spaced that's less than half a mile between each obstacle, many of which will be choke points in the race (meaning I can slow down, wait in line and recover a bit).  I've ran that much in worse shape than I am now so that doesn't bother me.

I've been barbell training for a few months now, trying to get as many muscle groups as possible in each work out.  I choose four of the exercises from the following list each time I lift which is 2-3 times per week.

Bench press (max set 2x275lbs)

Back Squat (max set 5 x 285lbs)

Overhead press (max set 5 x 155lbs)

Deadlift (max set 5 x 225 [though I can do much more if I use straps, I have a grip strenght problem])

Romainian Deadlift (max set 5 x185)

Power Cleans (max set 5 x 115 [just added these and I'm working on form])

Assisted Pullups (I do these every workout) (currently at 5 sets of 8 pullups with one foot on a box for the assist)

Outside of the weight room I play volleyball for 4 hours a week, this spring I'll be playing softball one night a week, and I walk between 1 and 2 miles at lunch.  Once the snow melts, I'll hit the hiking trails on the weekend with my wife as she gets ready for her Dirty Girl 5k.

-Tom

"Time to nut up or shut up!" - Tallahassee from Zombieland.

Nice! And I love that quote from Zombieland! I used to watch Walking Dead (until they killed Mere Dixon), and I always thought, 'Man these people are stupid and depressing! The characters in Zombieland had SPRINTING zombies, and they did a better job of surviving than these guys!' That's why I like Merle and his brother, they reminded me of Tallahassee! Remember the key to surviving the apocalypse, Cardio.

Good luck on the Tough Mudder, I am hoping to try the Zombie Run sometime.

The Daily Battle Logs are great for your workouts and diet everyday. If you are interested in using it for more than that then I would suggest making a thread in Challenge. Have you decided on a class? If you haven't Adventurer is the best one to start.

Thanks for the advice LostOne!

26 Mar 2013

Workout

Rest day

walked more than usual though

Food

Breakfast- 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices pepper bacon, Irish Breakfast Tea

Snack(10am)- 1 cup leftover paleo chili

Lunch- spinach salad with pork, carrots, and bell peppers, 1 handful of mixed nuts

Snack(2:30pm)- Protein shake

Dinner- chicken and steak fajitas (onion, pepper, tomato) with lettuce and ~3 tbsp guacamole

9pm- Sleepy time vanilla tea

-Tom

"Time to nut up or shut up!" - Tallahassee from Zombieland.

Hey! How've you been doing?
I have a similar goal, my tough mudder is for next fall and in canada.

What do you think your strongest point is for achieving your goal? Everyone seems so focused on what their weakest point is... I'm curious as to what's keeping you going though. What motivates you?
Weak points are interesting too though, and of course I want to know about those as well :P

After all, what fun is there in games without challenges?