• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neiselee

Bacon

Bacon folks, check out your local deli/farmer's market and see if they have bacon chips. I get my smoked bacon chips there for $2 less perpound than the strips. Sometimes there is more fat, but often it's just smaller pieces of bacon.

^^^ Totally legit

my BF told me to do get bacon ends and bits- you can get it in the deli at the big store too- but apparently they sell out fast.  My parents used to buy it from Costco- and I hated it for awhile- I wanted the pretty normal looking bacon- till I grew up and realized how much MOAR tasty the bacon ends and bits were!!!

a: fat is good.  Eat it. 

b: sadly, bacon is a pretty bad cut of meat from a poorly treated animal most of the time. 

c: therefore, if you can get good pastured bacon, eat the crap out of it.  If you can't, try to get the best quality you can and try not to  overdo it. 

Yea, i've decided that I only want thick cut, plain bacon. No hickory smoked or maple crap. If uncured w celery salt has just as many nitrates as regular, then Ill just eat an orange afterwards for VitC.

Yeah I grabbed some maple shit once on accident- it was awful- tasted like rubbish.

so is the thin stuff only because I burn it and it's nasty.

I really need to see if I can get into costco for those ends and pieces.