• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pwallace

Maine Meet up?!?!?!?!??!

I've been reading on some of the meet ups and seeing how much fun everyone has been having and then I realized that there hasn't been one in maine(least not that I have seen). Well this need sto be fixed now that we mainers are FINALLY coming out of our winter slumber. So what do you say Nerds? Shall we change this injustice of leaving the Mainers out?

DUDE there are MOAR MAINERS ?!  I thought I and Georges and AfflictionReckoning were the only ones!  I'm in almost-to-Canada Maine...ugh....Rangleyish area?  So Ptown is about 2.5hrs one way for me.  A 5-hr day of driving is a bit rough, but I did it 4 days a week for 2 yrs to finish grad school in Portland, so I can do it again one more time for NF peeps!  Also, Georges and AfflictionReckoning and I are doing the Bands on the Run 5k in Lew/Aub in June....pwallace/terrormortus, will you be around then?  You could join us!  :)

OHHH Rangely how i know that long drive it takes to get there. HAHAHA. I ami nthe midcoast area (camden/rockland) I actually went to school in Auburn though. YA know what, count me in for the 5k in lewiston! I think we should get georges and afflictionrecconing to join w/us also.

OHHH Rangely how i know that long drive it takes to get there. HAHAHA. I ami nthe midcoast area (camden/rockland) I actually went to school in Auburn though. YA know what, count me in for the 5k in lewiston! I think we should get georges and afflictionrecconing to join w/us also.

Sweet!  yay, 5k NF meetup!  :D

Edit:   race info here - http://bandsontherunhalf.com/race-information/

What about if we made that the day of the NF meet up? there is grittys right down the road from the race finish line. We could see about people getting together in the LA area and we could grab food some place afterwards. who knows maybe spezzy will grace us w/a butt kicking inthe 5 k! those NF memebers that don't want to run coudl still show up and hang out. would love to meet the over NF Mainahs!

YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!! NF MEET UP MAINE STYLE FOR THE WIN!!!! and I may have talked my fiance into comin with me. not sure if she is going to run in the race or not but she will def be cheering us on!

Well I am not a Mainer, but I have a friend that lives up that way... Might be a good excuse to go visit and do some camping! Assuming you don't have any issues with a Mass guy crashing the party? :)

Haha yep I guess we can permit a Mass fella crashing our party.  :D  LOL!  J/k King your presence would be welcome!  J will be at the race with me, not racing but cheering and taking photos.  I have another friend who may also attend as part of my cheering section so all our +1's can band together to cheer us on and take awesome finish-line photos.  :)

I'm doing the 5k too, def not up for a half-marathon.  Very excited!

YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!! NF MEET UP MAINE STYLE FOR THE WIN!!!! and I may have talked my fiance into comin with me. not sure if she is going to run in the race or not but she will def be cheering us on!

Woot woot!  Meetup!

We had the not-a-fast-runner already conversation in another thread :)  I'm looking at somewhere between 36 - 40 minutes for the other 5k (this month, Farmington).  (It all depends on whether I work on speed or distance this month.)  I probably won't be all that much faster by Bands On The Run. 

So, anyone who's fast or going for a PR or whatever, we can all meet up at the beginning & end & Gritty's.

And anyone who's slower, or wants to walk 5k instead of running, doesn't need to worry about it!

Well I am not a Mainer, but I have a friend that lives up that way... Might be a good excuse to go visit and do some camping! Assuming you don't have any issues with a Mass guy crashing the party? :)

Crash away!  Um.  Metaphorically, that is!  What part of Maine is your friend in?

Sounds exciting! I would love to do the 5K as well (half marathons are about 13.1 miles of endurance running more than I like doing) but I have spent way too much registering for disc golf tournaments to be able to afford that at the moment.  Be happy to bring my camera and take some pictures though!

Edit:  His parents live in Sidney, so we meet up there for camping and swimming in the summer.

Yep I am definitely in the slow runner category, and for the first time evah, I'm pretty happy just staying here.  I'm sticking to Mark Sisson's rules re: avoiding "chronic cardio," because that seems to be working best for me right now (and lets me have enough left in the tank to do my strength training each week too).  This means that while I'm following a Galloway 5k training plan for the second yr in a row, this year I'm paying zero attention to my speed or per-mile time.  Just getting out there and enjoying running.  This is good for my sanity.  I'll be happy to be in the 40-43 minute range for a finish time.  I might be faster by then, who knows.

I am going to be sippin the pinacoladas waitin for all you nerds at the finish line, Zombies, Run 5k trainer is workin wonders for me. I am in the 1st week right now and i am doing a 5k (VERY ROUGHLY might I add) in about 40 minutes. If anyone wants to get faster I would suggest pickin up the Zombies, RUN 5k. Its amazing how much faster yoru run when there is a (imaginary) Flesh eating, rotton corpse after you

Oh man! It's finally outdoor running weather again!  I love running, but over the years have come to hate running as "training", I should try that app and make it more of a game so I don't feel like I have to go out and run myself into the ground every time I do.  The whole idea of running from zombies seems like good practice for when they rise up and I need to flee to northern Maine for survival.

How cool that we're all roughly at the same 5k pace right now!  May we all continue to get stronger, faster, healthier!  :)  So lookin' forward to this meetup, you guys.  Excited!  :D

SOOOO is anyone else wishing that the 5k was in a week or two so we could just get the meetup happening already? doin the last mission of week 1 for zombies 5k! getting ready to Nerdwin!