• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pwallace

Maine Meet up?!?!?!?!??!

Sooo now I know what I am making for dinner sometime soon... I just recently made pulled pork and have a bunch of it left over :D Seems like a respectable use for it!

Pics or it didn't happen.  We must haz food p@rn!  :D

J is coming and I think a friend of ours might be coming along to spectate too.  And we need to make norbs a thing.  Because norbs are awesome (not to mention norb" is fun to say).  Gritty's pub mac n cheese is awesome too, but I'm steering clear of that....gluten + dairy, oh haaaaayyyls no.  They have a delicious chocolate cake too.  But yeah I've never had anything there that wasn't delicious.  

I hear ya, I have had to slow it down with the race signups because funds are sparse.  I hope you can sign up to run with us, but even if you can't, I hope you can come hang out and experience the Gritty's wonderment!   :)

Their pub mac and cheese (especially w/keilbasa and fried japelenos are to die for!) If I were actually gluten and lactose intolerant (like I tell people instead of explaining paleo all the time) Then I would still eat thier pub mac and cheese and then later hate myself.

Haven't registered yet, money is a tad bit tight right now especially with roommate moving out. 

Oddly enough never been to Gritty's, I stopped eating out about a year and a half ago so I don't get to sample as much awesome food.

I can understand the money situation. I am actually startin back up at my old job as a perdiem on sundy. gonna be geto 20-25 hours a week on top of my original 40 from the bank. add that into eatin right and sleepin and workin otu and I am not gonna have time for anythign else!

just thought also Depending on how late people are staying in the area, there is an awesome pool hall on the outskirts of lewiston called Shemangies. great pub food, good pool tables, large selection of beer and liquor. If you guys are game we could hit there if not everyone wants grittys or if we end up doing a second meal

Haven't registered yet, money is a tad bit tight right now especially with roommate moving out. 

Oddly enough never been to Gritty's, I stopped eating out about a year and a half ago so I don't get to sample as much awesome food.

I know the feeling... I actually kind of just figured that I hadn't heard of their sweet potato nachos because it's been years since I've been there.

I wouldn't mind some pool at all. It's one of those games I love and suck at, which just means I need to play it more. :D

But money situation is thankfully looking better. I had kind of a crappy situation with my last job where I wasn't getting enough hours, and when I got a part time job they gave me even less. New job however has no problem giving me 20+  hours of overtime, so hopefully can get caught up on bills.

I wouldn't mind some pool at all. It's one of those games I love and suck at, which just means I need to play it more. :D

J will be totes down with playing pool...he loves it and doesn't get to play very often, so I know he'll be down for a game if anyone wants to.

I would like to join in on this fun. Hopefully I cant take some time off from work. anyone got details about the event?

The more the merrier!  :)  http://bandsontherunhalf.com/race-information/  

Georges, PWallace, and I are signed up for the 5k.  I think afflictionreckoning is trying for the half but may do the 5k instead.  Not sure if the others are registered yet.   :)  After the race we're planning on getting noms at Gritty's or some suchness.  YUM.  PWallace, you still bringing your MTG cards?  I'll have a coupla decks with me if anyone wants to play.   :)

hellzto the yess the magic cards shall be packed. I'll bring 2-4 decks w/me all various builds. AMFMechanic2008, hit up my cell and I can give you the dl on the run. shouldn't be to hard especially after runnin the mountain. sounds like schemangies will be hit for pool then. this is sounding like it is going to be an all day event. I am likin the sounds of it

Welcome to the rebellion Mostly, don't worry about being a newb, we all started at level 1 at one tiem or another. Just read over you thread and great job on breakin the lego wall hahaha. would love to see another nerd at the bands on the run 5k if you can make it. just think of it, running, probly some bodyweight showin off, beer, unhealthy food (please don't delete me mr. admins) and pool.

unhealthy food

I bet there's some stuff there that will fit "healthy" criteria, if anyone's in the middle of a challenge or doesn't want to go off their normal eating plan...

I just figure I'll be happier if I take it as an off-plan day, though.

Awesome!  I'll have to see if the 5k conflicts with anything.  I have a few weekends in june that are already booked (weddings, and doing the Pineland Farms Dynamic Dirt Challenge), but I'd love to have the chance to meet other fitness-inspired nerds!

I am. :D

Granted I don't think I'll be doing the 5k. Mainly because I've let my running go but mostly as I just went to a rather expensive Aikido seminar. But I will be there to cheer people on.

I have let my running slip as well. Time to hit it hard this week and cry rolled up in a ball at the end of the race saturday. Please excuse me while I practice my sobbin...ahem I mean breathing

Hey guys, I know I haven't been around on the forums, but I've been running (sort of) as much as I can and I will definitely be there! I switched from the half to the 5K because I've been through illness and injury and after nearly killing myself at the PIneland Trails 10K, I decided it wasn't worth the risk. Can't wait!

Unfortunately I have to bail on the meetup this weekend.  :(  My Sunday just got totally booked with stuff that I can't do on any other day, so a trip to Lew/Aub is out of the question now.  But, I hope that we can do another Maine meetup this year, maybe later this summer or in the fall.

My bf lives in Maine (north of Lewiston/Auburn area, in the middle of freaking nowhere).

Would love to attend if there's a meetup when I'm visiting him. At this point NO idea when that will be, though, since plane tickets are around $700...

Anyone have any suggestions for good hikes in centralish Maine (around Lewiston/Auburn/Jay/Turner area)?

My bf lives in Maine (north of Lewiston/Auburn area, in the middle of freaking nowhere).

Would love to attend if there's a meetup when I'm visiting him. At this point NO idea when that will be, though, since plane tickets are around $700...

Anyone have any suggestions for good hikes in centralish Maine (around Lewiston/Auburn/Jay/Turner area)?

No idea about in that area but if you want to travel up the coast a couple hours, Camden/Rockport/Rockland area then you would find atleast 8-9 different areas you could hike that I can think of right off the top of my head