• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pwallace

Maine Meet up?!?!?!?!??!

Sounds interesting. Is there any more details on what the race is like (obstacles or just mud)?

Based on last year's photos, it looks like there are climbing walls (with ropes), balance obstacles, tire crawls, stuff like that. They also said something in the email about possible chasing on the course this year. That's about all I know at this point, but the University woods/trail system definitely has a lot of potential for something like this.

Edit: Whoops, sorry -- I didn't see your follow-up post. :)

Hallooo there! I just joined NF ...today... and am therefore supernoob, but wanted to say hi! I'm technically Canadian but I just moved to Brunswick, ME and got my green card, so I MAY qualify as a somewhat Mainah :P

BF lives in Canton, ME...

Population: less than 1000. Hiking Trails: 0, as far as I know... and wear orange if you go into anything that may resemble winlderness LOL

I've tried to use this site to find trails, but haven't found anything particularly close to him, except for Whitney Brook Trail, which looks MUCH too easy and short, BUT it's walking distance from his place, so I'll give it a try next time.

Cutebug! Your BF lives SO CLOSE to Mt. Blue state park!! It's a long drive for me, so he is very lucky! Beautiful trails, a good range of difficulties, a great lake and super camp sites. I highly recommend it, especially in the fall--I was there in late September and got way too hyper about how pretty it is :)

haha! Very EX boyfriend.....

We broke up about a year and a half ago :P 

I didn't even know I was still subscribed to this thread!

Don't get shot while hiking. I believe it's hunting season??? I was there one November and everyone warned me to wear orange, and to not wear my "kitty hat" which is a black Laplander with cat ears ;)

Hallooo there! I just joined NF ...today... and am therefore supernoob, but wanted to say hi! I'm technically Canadian but I just moved to Brunswick, ME and got my green card, so I MAY qualify as a somewhat Mainah :tongue:

Cutebug! Your BF lives SO CLOSE to Mt. Blue state park!! It's a long drive for me, so he is very lucky! Beautiful trails, a good range of difficulties, a great lake and super camp sites. I highly recommend it, especially in the fall--I was there in late September and got way too hyper about how pretty it is :)

haha! Very EX boyfriend.....

We broke up about a year and a half ago :tongue:

I didn't even know I was still subscribed to this thread!

Don't get shot while hiking. I believe it's hunting season??? I was there one November and everyone warned me to wear orange, and to not wear my "kitty hat" which is a black Laplander with cat ears ;)

Oooops! Lol sorry, guess that's what I get for replying to an ancient thread :P Thanks for the hunting tip! I definitely forget about guns and such a lot, being from a city in Canada haha

This thread has been sleeping for 3 and a half years, wowzers, but just posting to say I'm still here, still in Maine, and wondering who else is around these days?