building healthy habits ( i am the new german girl)

hi, im fearless creek!

found this site about a year ago and loved it, now i would like to become part of the community.

im a 45 year old woman and have been overweight my entire adult life. 2011 i joined weightwatchers and lost 20 kg on the programm. during that time i surfed the net a lot and got interested in all things to do with health and fitness.

then i decided i hated to be part of the weightloss industry and the constant game of dieting and gaining. i made an experiment out of it and tried different aproaches of healthy eating. i ended up with eating mostly unprocessed foods and tracking on myfitnesspal. i also tried paleo but changed into it too fast and got so weak after one week that i got scared.

since 2012 i work out regularly and thats the part of healthy living thats easier for me to keep doing because it lifts my mood amd makes me feel strong and confident. it all started with walking a 5k. then i started running and have taken kickbox-, bodypump- and pilatesclasses during the winter 12/13. my body has changed visibly and i am really happy with this! next goal: i will run my first 5k on mai 4th.

im 1,78m tall now and weigh in at 105 kg. my long term goal is to get down to about 80 kg. whats really important to me is that i build new habits and actually stick with certain behaviours. its easy for me to experiment with a new diet or a sport - i want to learn how to make it a lifesyle.

right now im in the middle of starting my own business offering socialwork for teenagers. it might get pretty intense workwise once i get going. therefore i think i need the acountability this site provides by motivating me to log my progress.

i still have to set my goals, but im definitely doing the next 6 weeks challenge. if someone needs a trusty sidekick ... *raises hand* ;)

as for beeing a nerd: apart from loving The Lord Of The Ring im rather un-nerdy. maybe having been a classical cellist (orchestramusician) counts??

thats all, i guess

viele grüße aus berlin

fearlesscreek

Welcome to the forums and great progress so far!

Lots of rebels here are working to create a new, better lifestyle :) I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful advice on the forums. 

I can see from your postcount you've already jumped right in, which is definitely the best thing to do. 

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors