Rexxar's Battle for a Better Life!

I took advantage of my easter holidys to write up my weekly exercise schedule. It is rather simple as I am only alternating my body-weight routines with yoga.

Sunday: Body-Weight Training

Monday: Yoga

Tuesday: Body-Weight Training

Wednesday: Yoga

Thursday: Body-Weight Training

Friday: Yoga

Saturday: Body-Weight Training

For my body-weight routines I am following Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint Lift Heavy Thing's work out. It focuses on the four essential movements:

1. Push Ups
  2. Pull Ups
  3. Squats
  4. Planks.

There are two sets of each movement in every routine. I must be able to do each one back to back before being able to start with the next level of difficulty.

I will post my starting levels tomorrow!

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

Current Attributes: STR: 6    DEX: 5   STA: 1     CON: 5    WIS: 3    CHA: 5

"Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know"

"So what's stopping you....? That's right...nothing!"

Bucketlist / Battle Log / Neo-Nerds NF Group / Second Challenge!

As promised here is my self-assessment:

# of Reps to do for next level:

Pushups: 11                 Starting Level: Knee pushups                                                           50

Full Squat: 40              Starting Level: Bench Squats                                                             50

Planks: 60 seconds     Starting Level: Forearm/Knee + Sideknee                                         90 seconds Forearm/Knee  45 seconds Sideknee

Pullups: 1                    Starting Level: Chair assisted 2 legs                                                  20

Once I am able to complete 2 sets back-to-back I'll be able to advance to the next levels in each movement.

Lvl 2   Half-Orc Dúnadan Assassin Ranger of the North trained by Aragorn son of Arathorn and Connor Kenway - Slayer of the Witch-King of Angmar - Nazgûl Hunter 

I started with my workouts today! Boy are they intense! I am not able to do pull ups just yet due to lack of a bar. I am going to construct one though hopefully within the next two weeks. I'll definitely have it ready for the next 6w challenge though!

Anyway, here are my reps/times from today's workout:                                              Tuesday 02-04-2013

# Reps (Set1/Set2)                                 # Reps to Pass to Next Lvl

Knee Push Ups:                                                       30/25                                                           50

Bench Squats:                                                         40/50                                                           50

ForeArm/Knee Planks:                                      90 secs/71 secs                                                 90 secs

Right Side ForeArm/Knee Planks:                    45 secs/60secs                                                   45 secs

Left Side ForeArm/Knee Planks:                       45 secs/47 secs                                                 45 secs

I've made a few changes to my weekly workout schedule. Here is the oficial one:

Sunday: Off Day

Monday:Body-Weight Routine

Tuesday: Yoga

Wednesday: Body-Weight Routine

Thursday: Yoga 

Friday: Body-Weight Routine

Saturday: Yoga wind-down routine 

This Saturday will be different though. I´ll be adding a 4k walk organized by a foundation against cancer here in Ecuador. It'll be the first time I participate in anything organized! And, since I am asthmatic, I don't enjoy running, but I LOVE walking. It is one of my favorite activities. I am so excited to do this!

Ok, so...well...this is embarassing. I just remembered that I have to take an exam on Saturday so I won't be able to walk the 4k. It sucks 'cause I sooooo wanted to. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next one  :neglected:

Up-date for Monday 04-15-2013

I started with the new yoga dvd which turned out to be a lot more entertaining and likable. Started with the easiest routine. I am starting to enjoy yoga!

Up-date for Tuesday 04-16-2013

Did my body-weight routine, here are the results of both sets:

Knee Push Ups:                                                       26/21                                                           50

Bench Squats:                                                         47/27                                                           50

ForeArm/Knee Planks:                                      69 secs/60 secs                                                 90 secs

Right Side ForeArm/Knee Planks:                    47 secs/48secs                                                   45 secs

Left Side ForeArm/Knee Planks:                       46 secs/46 secs                                                 45 secs

I was kind of off my game today :neglected:

Can't do pull ups yet due to lack of bar. Next session I'll start them!

Up-date Wendesday, 04-17-2013

Had fun laughing at myself while trying to keep my balance in the different poses. I am rather enjoying yoga now! Still very inflexible, but I will loosen up as I continue with my sessions...maybe in about 6 months hehehehehehe...

Up-date Thursday, 04-18-2013

Had fun pushing myself in my workout today! I did a lot better than last session. I am doing well with the rep numbers, but I still have a lot of work to do in my pull ups and push ups to reach my rep goals in each one. Progressing slow and steady!

Here are the results:

Stool-Assisted Pull Ups:                                           1.5/1                                                           20

Knee Push Ups:                                                       20/20                                                           50

Bench Squats:                                                         50/50                                                           50

ForeArm/Knee Planks:                                      60 secs/90 secs                                                 90 secs

Right Side ForeArm/Knee Planks:                    45 secs/45secs                                                   45 secs

Left Side ForeArm/Knee Planks:                       45 secs/45 secs                                                 45 secs

As you can see I still need to work on my push and pull ups. My squats and planks I can reach the reps and times needed for the next level, but I am going to continue with these until I can do them with ease, hehehe nice rhyme!

I also switched my weekly workout schedule around today so that, on Saturdays, I finish the week with my yoga wind-down routine. Hopefully it will help quicken my muscle recovery on Sundays.

Up-date for Monday 04-22-2013

I totally missed my workout today, damn!

No bread!

Still not able to sell, f%@k!

Up-date for Tuesday 04-23-2013

Managed to get my wife in my yoga session. My 2 year old son also took part making us look bad by bending lower hehehehehe. We had a lot of fun!

No bread again, yay!

Still not able to sell, I hate this bad economy!

Up-date for Wednesday 04-24-2013

Did my body-weight routine. I managed to pass my previous reps, YES! Here are the results of both sets:

Knee Push Ups:                                                       30/30                                                           50

Chair-Assisted  Pull Ups:                                           2/2                                                             50

Bench Squats:                                                         50/50                                                           50

ForeArm/Knee Planks:                                      90 secs/90 secs                                                 90 secs

Right Side ForeArm/Knee Planks:                    47 secs/48secs                                                   45 secs

Left Side ForeArm/Knee Planks:                       46 secs/46 secs                                                 45 secs

It's great to finally see progress, even if it is small!

Got my yoga session in this morning! Did backbends, it really got some good pops out of me hehehehehe

Been off these past days. I haven't done any of my routines these past few days, although I have still been eating paleo. I really feel like shit right now and would like someone to talk to. I feel lost...

Feeling better now. A little...I am still sick and haven't been able to do any of my routines these past few days. Sucks being asthmatic! I have been pusing my wife to do her workouts though! It is fun to act as a personal trainer...I may consider doing it full time some day...

So, when I first joined NF and the forums I created my own quests book with different catagories which include Mater quests, daily quests, for fun quests, etc... each quest gives me a percentage of xp for my level up. The daily quests I've assigned stat points to which I earn with each level up and for a level up I have to accomplish 4 goals (based on the 6wc set up). I've combined all this with the online challenges and stuff to keep it all uniform and balanced.

Anyway, I am excited to say that I just earned my first level up from my daily quests and am now 20% towards my next lvl up YAY!!!!!

Here are the accomplished goals from last level:

Achieve the next level in one movement of my Primal Blueprint workouts: I managed to complete the required time in both sets of my planks. Awarded +3 STR, +1 CON, +1 CHA               Achieved:05-20-2013

Complete one "For Fun" quest: Write a letter for my wife. (Sounds silly and easy, but it was tougher than it sounds)

Awarded: +1 CHA          Completed: 03-27-2013

Fast for 2 days straight.   Awarded: +3 CON, +1 CHA      Completed: 03-27-2013

Learn to prepare one paleo meal: Paleo Philly Cheese Steaks (No cheese sauce though, although it's optional). Lots of yumminess.     Awarded: +1 STR, +2 CON, +2 CHA      Completed: 05-11-2013 (Mother's Day surprise for my wife)

And I feel great!

Here are the current goals I am working on for level 3:

Choose the martial art style to learn: Capoeira   Awarded +2 STR, +2 DEX   Completed: 06-01-2013

Achieve the next level in one movement of my Primal Blueprint workouts.  Award: +3 STR, +1 CON, +1 CHA

Complete one "For Fun Quest"   Award: Depends on the "For Fun Quest"

Master a parkour movement.  Award: +3 STR +2 DEX

I'll keep you all up-dated on my progress on this as well!

I've been looking at other member's stats and maybe I am awarding too much? what do you guys think?