Annoying comments you hear all the time

Yes, there's no excuse other than "I don't want to", but for the mind conditioned to be afraid of trying, that's often the hardest part to get through.

I think I would kill myself if I had to live like that.

I simple cannot fathom the idea of being content with things as they are and not pushing yourself. I have no concept of "I lack motivation" or " I don't know how to push myself"  or "I want to make a change but x, y and z"

just- NOT a concept I'm familiar with... at all- I can't empathize or sympathize or imagine. 

just- NOT a concept I'm familiar with... at all- I can't empathize or sympathize or imagine. 

I-Jo, keeping all us wussies in check!!!!  :playful:

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

I simple cannot fathom the idea of being content with things as they are and not pushing yourself. I have no concept of "I lack motivation" or " I don't know how to push myself" or "I want to make a change but x, y and z"

Good for you :)

I'd be very happy if I had that particular superpower. Unfortunately I don't, instead I have this nasty depression that keeps saying "it'll never get better, I might as well give up. Why would I bother trying to run faster by next year if most of the time I feel like I won't even be alive by then. Improvement feels so pointless as well, cause what does it actually improve? You still want to get better, you still have problems, maybe you fixed something but that'll just be replaced by something else that goes wrong. "

Which ties in with the annoying comment I hear all the time. 'This will just make you stronger.' Really? Getting a whole new set of social anxieties, job loss and losing friends cause I'm to stressed with just the thought of calling them is making me stronger?! Hell no. After this I'll be worse off then before not better. Don't tell me otherwise as it's just not true.

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

I simple cannot fathom the idea of being content with things as they are and not pushing yourself. I have no concept of "I lack motivation" or " I don't know how to push myself"  or "I want to make a change but x, y and z"

Yes and no. I find that easy in some areas and hard (really hard) in others. I am good with efficency vs same old same old. However, anything physically strenous I (used to) shy away. I am learning now that it's really rewarding. Still the efficency thing also creeps in when I workout. Can be a blessing and a curse!

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

I feel like counting calories is made for people who eat food out of a container 95% of the time. It's so easy on my fitnesspal to barcode a frozen dinner, but the type in a whole recipe with the portions is annoying, especially because I cook a lot of different/complicated food. Also, I find that databases like my fitnesspal have tons of duplicates so I'm often searching for the "right" one.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

I feel like counting calories is made for people who eat food out of a container 95% of the time. It's so easy on my fitnesspal to barcode a frozen dinner, but the type in a whole recipe with the portions is annoying, especially because I cook a lot of different/complicated food. Also, I find that databases like my fitnesspal have tons of duplicates so I'm often searching for the "right" one.

See, I LIKE having to type in my recipes into MFP. I don't have a cookbook I'm making things out of, and I don't have a notebook where I store my recipes, so MFP fulfills that function for me. And my estimations on servings are pretty good, so that's not a huge issue for me.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

I-Jo, keeping all us wussies in check!!!!  :playful:

LOL nah- it wasn't meant like that- it's just like someone who doesn't know how to sign trying to explain the sky to a blind deaf person...  it's not even a full blown laungage barrier- it's a whole OTHER thing. I just do NOT identify with it.  It's such a foreign concept to me.  Least as far as my body is concerned.

Yes and no. I find that easy in some areas and hard (really hard) in others. I am good with efficency vs same old same old. However, anything physically strenous I (used to) shy away. I am learning now that it's really rewarding. Still the efficency thing also creeps in when I workout. Can be a blessing and a curse!

LOL I'm this way- cleaning?  No way. Eff that.

No patience or discipline for it.  Food? working out?  those things?  I'm Fanatically militant about it. 

Good for you :)

I'd be very happy if I had that particular superpower. Unfortunately I don't, instead I have this nasty depression that keeps saying "it'll never get better, I might as well give up. Why would I bother trying to run faster by next year if most of the time I feel like I won't even be alive by then. Improvement feels so pointless as well, cause what does it actually improve? You still want to get better, you still have problems, maybe you fixed something but that'll just be replaced by something else that goes wrong. "

Which ties in with the annoying comment I hear all the time. 'This will just make you stronger.' Really? Getting a whole new set of social anxieties, job loss and losing friends cause I'm to stressed with just the thought of calling them is making me stronger?! Hell no. After this I'll be worse off then before not better. Don't tell me otherwise as it's just not true.

I hear that.  If it makes you feel better it is NOT an unlimted supply of said super power.  it's VERY focused and limited.  I always stive to be the best me- but my house? my laundry? my reading? my other things?  ehhhhh not so much. I'm on NF right now because I literally have SO much to do before I go to bed- I don't know where to start- so this to me is an easier solution. I have self induced insominia- it's a work of god to get me to go lie down in bed.  Which is mildly amusing- I'm EXHAUSTED.  the second I am in bed- I'll be asleep.   But yeah- I'll keep putting it off.  But work outs?  no excuse- no exception- make new games-  and see if they make me collapse.  How close to sick can I get myself without ACTUALLY getting sick.  what makes me harder stronger faster than someone else- is this something someone else would NEVER do?  GREAT- I'm DOING IT... FIVE TIMES.

With 100 lbs of weight.  

And then backwards.

Just anyway to make it harder- more challenging. 

Leads into annoying comment so not too off topic:

"You know there's an easier way to do that"

or

"why do you always go ham when you come here?" 

lol

I don't have an off switch LMAO.

I cook all my main food. I also count calories.

I get as close as possible- and call it a day- I rarely put my own foods in- too much work. I get close enough- and call it a day.

See, I LIKE having to type in my recipes into MFP. I don't have a cookbook I'm making things out of, and I don't have a notebook where I store my recipes, so MFP fulfills that function for me. And my estimations on servings are pretty good, so that's not a huge issue for me.

I feel the same way... I end up tweaking a lot of my recipes so I can save exactly what I did in MFP.  It also allows me to see how I can change a few small things around and make something that much healthier!  It also helps me with deciding how many portions a recipe should make. 

Someone left their toys out

So I tidied them up a bit.

My father in law asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I might tell him a tractor tire.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My father in law asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I might tell him a tractor tire.

You probably want the taller ones. These were pretty light.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

"why do you always go ham when you come here?"

I don't understand how people can exercise without going all out. If your going to make the effort to go then why do it half assed unless you have a injury or something. Drives me nuts. If you want to keep moving along in mediocrity get out of my rack so I can continue on my road to greatness please.

Being called "sir" on the phone.

It's absolutely not their fault, whenever it happens it's with someone who has never seen me before. I do have a rather deep voice for a female, and I guess nothing about my intonation indicates otherwise. It is kind of funny when this happens though:

Person on phone: "...and your first name?"

Me: "Annie"

Them: "....I'm sorry?"

Me: "Annie. A-n-n-i-e."

Them: "...oh. Oh! Ok."

I was also on a skype call with a friend not too long ago, and her 10 year old son said "who's that guy you're talking to?" and she had to explain :playful:

I'm not upset about it, it is what it is; but I do wish I sounded more feminine.

It's absolutely not their fault, whenever it happens it's with someone who has never seen me before. I do have a rather deep voice for a female, and I guess nothing about my intonation indicates otherwise. It is kind of funny when this happens though:

I was also on a skype call with a friend not too long ago, and her 10 year old son said "who's that guy you're talking to?" and she had to explain :playful:

I'm not upset about it, it is what it is; but I do wish I sounded more feminine.

People call me ma'am all the time and I hate it. I try to make my voice sound deeper during initial conversation. You can use it to your advantage though if you are calling with a problem once they call it wrong if you act incredibly offended you can 99% of the time get what you were calling about. I got a new xbox two years after the expired warrantee like this lol

People call me ma'am all the time and I hate it. I try to make my voice sound deeper during initial conversation. You can use it to your advantage though if you are calling with a problem once they call it wrong if you act incredibly offended you can 99% of the time get what you were calling about. I got a new xbox two years after the expired warrantee like this lol

Haha, I've never thought of doing that. I just try go places in person these days, it's less embarrassing for everyone involved  :redface-new:  

You probably want the taller ones. These were pretty light.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

I ended up telling him a turkey frier. So yeah, pretty much the opposite...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I hate when people make steroid comments.

First of all I'm not that big.

Second of all I work hard to shed weight so I can find my muscle.

Third of all it's kind of a backhanded way of implying my testicals are a size less than optimal!

"Do not fear death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light, but if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity..."

I hate when people make steroid comments.

First of all I'm not that big.

Second of all I work hard to shed weight so I can find my muscle.

Third of all it's kind of a backhanded way of implying my testicals are a size less than optimal!

I have started asking the other girl in the gym who lifts where she gets hers- clearly mine aren't working well enough. 

I was chatting with some coworkers the other today about my plans to get fit and healthy. The response I got?

'Oh, you're young. It's easy at your age'. I wanted to slap her. If it was easy, I would never have gotten this out of shape to begin with, now would I?

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.