Annoying comments you hear all the time

I get a lot of the "did you just work out?" or "are you going to work out?" if i wear my workout clothes to class. If i don't wear them, then i get asked "not working out today?" "where's your workout clothes?"... which i don't mind until one guy told me that i give them a "show" every time i wear my workout clothes (just shorts or yoga pants and a tank top, nothing special or too revealing...at least i dont think)

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

As a man, let me tell you, women look unbelievable in that kinda workout gear. It's skintight! ANYTHING skintight is well....kinda hot.

Which is EXACTLY why, when I'm in the gym, I keep my eyes firmly on the floor, I don't want to be a gym creep.

haha that's true! i was kind of confused by it at first, just cause i view it as my comfortable work out clothes, and didn't understand the show. Just goes to show how women perceive themselves differently.

So familiar! My mother is still worried I think I'm fat and that I'll lose a lot of weight (I've been running for over a year now, weight stayed exactly the same, which I'm fine with!). 

Also: People almost 'forcing' me to eat cake/fried food because 'it won't hurt you! Go ahead and have some more!' (No thanks, I feel sick if I eat fried food for dinner.) 

Goooood gawd, I can't tell you how many times my family has tried to shove greasy fried food down my throat. Telling me it will "stick to my bones".

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

The guy is a dick for saying it though. Women can feel vulnerable when working out so saying that isn't a nice move, especially saying it's a "show".

You all look wonderful in the gym gear! See, isn't wonderful a nicer word?

Now say something nice about my rugby shorts and vest!! hahaha

• Like 1

Go BIG, or go home.

The guy is a dick for saying it though. Women can feel vulnerable when working out so saying that isn't a nice move, especially saying it's a "show".

You all look wonderful in the gym gear! See, isn't wonderful a nicer word?

Now say something nice about my rugby shorts and vest!! hahaha

marvelous would work well too! 

you look marvelous in your rugby shorts and vest...uhh hahaha

hahahaha! Vest....tank top....do men's workout clothes float women's boats?

YES! Unless its so ragged I can see through parts and they dont groom so its like a forest. But I love me a sleeveless or short sleeve shirt and some track/workout pants on a dude working hard :-)

• Like 1

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

I also have this one friend who is a good shape, likes to run, looks great. But refuses to lift heavy weights because she doesn't want to get bulky. Won't even try a squat. But then talks constantly about how she's working to be in the best shape she can be. That being said, not everyone wants to be strong... but muscles are sexy.

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

... ear buds in.. .and I'm dancing or drilling....

someone walks pointed into the room and up to me.

" what are you doing"

um. I'm dancing.

this leads into a 5 minute RIDICULOUSLY awkward conversation.   dude- you can see I'm dancing- don't ask me what I'm doing- that's just fracking stupid. 

also.

Drives me ABSOLUTELY.INSANE.

Oh you bellydance?

show me!

• Like 2

"Wow you are really tall!"

I'm 6'8".  I get this ALL.THE.DAMN.TIME.  

Add in the other favorite:

"Do you play basketball?"

I really love it when I'm in the middle of lifting with ear phones in and they stop me mid set to tell me this.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those

poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

over hearing a conversation at work right now- the overweight people are talking about training and what should be done.  It's making me chuckle.  

I'm hoping- part of this has to do with the fact we talk about more fitness oriented stuff around here in my cubicle and it "seeps" out to the other cubbies.

They refuse to talk to me about which amuses me also... kind of makes me sad- but whatever.  I'll just continue to over hear and listen and chortle to myself.

"you know it's the day after the trainer when it hurts to sit down to go to the bathroom"  

I yelled back- ONLY AFTER LEG DAY...

he mumbled just barely so I could hardly hear him- "not if it's a good trainer- it's every time."

:rollseyes:

My big pet peeve, which I actually heard today, is when coworkers can smell something ive just microwaved and say "Ew! What stinks?" or "Something smells like s#!t!" right before im about to eat it.

Cant stand it!

USS & NBAC Masters swim coach

Current: lifter, runner

Former: triathlete, cyclocross racer, NCAA swimmer

Current games: Borderlands 2, Runescape, Star Ocean, Dragon's Dogma

This happened a few days ago

a girl is eating a plate of fried foods..chicken strips, cheese sticks, etc. And then says "I'll have to spend extra time on the treadmill for eating this"

(i just wanna say, it's so easy to eat  over a 1000 calories, now try burning 1000 calories off...not so easy! just step away from the cheese stick)

• Like 1

OMG I could talk on this ALL DAY.

My husband doesn't drink, for many reasons, not least of which he just doesn't like alcohol, and people always say "come on man you have to enjoy yourself!!"  UM HELLO he enjoys a coke more than he enjoys a beer, GTFO.

Also, my friend's little sister recently started working out and eating healthy, she is 16, and all I could think was man, wish I was that smart when I was you're all.  ALL OUR FRIENDS (overweight btw) said "Oh you're too young to worry about your weight, you look great!"  - healthy eating and exercise is important whether you're fat skinny short tall.

ALSO, my little sister is naturally very skinny, and doesn't have a very big appetite.  She's perfectly healthy; she just doesn't scoff her food and doesn't eat big meals (jealous lol).  Everyone tells her she needs to put on weight and eat a hamburger.  It's gotten to the point where she can't join gatherings where eating is involved because it makes her self-conscious.  These people have given her reverse anorexia or something.

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

so i had this conversation today..

me- "so i want to learn to deadlift and do weight training"

Guy- "Why?"

me- "so i can build muscles"

guy- "Don't get all buff, it's gross when girls are buff"

Oh hellllllllllllllllll naw

• Like 1
Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3