Annoying comments you hear all the time

My big pet peeve, which I actually heard today, is when coworkers can smell something ive just microwaved and say "Ew! What stinks?" or "Something smells like s#!t!" right before im about to eat it.

Cant stand it!

What the hell is wrong with people how rude!!!

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

I can understand that- sometimes when I re-heat my food- it doesn't smell that great.  Tastes awesome but coming out of a kitchen full of other foods- and more other microwaved foods?

yeah doesn't always smell that good.

Whatever. 

"Oh you're too young to worry about your weight, you look great!"  - healthy eating and exercise is important whether you're fat skinny short tall.

this one bothers me a lot.  It happens in many forms- you look great why are you watching what you eat- why do you work out so much you have lost enough weight (dude- I wasn't trying to lose weight- I am sculpting- you ass)

I have had people tell me to stop loosing weight/not lose more- or- man you really slimmed down- I'm like- what was a fat before?  where was this wretchedly obese person people keep telling me about!!! I never saw her?   where was she? did she follow me around like a ninja?  SHE'S definitely got to be the one who has been farting after eating all that broccoli!!!  That makes so much sense now!

ugh. 

I know most people don't mean anything by it- they half the time are just trying to give you a compliment- but the reality is... sometimes when you actually listen to the words themselves- they don't say what you think they are saying!!!

My coworker, who has recently gained like 30lbs in the last year, and I were talking about weight. His wife also just had a baby and is struggling with the baby weight. He said to me, "I could lose it if I wanted to" Like, he doesn't mind having a gut. And also, losing is SO much harder than gaining. I kind of want him to try and see how far it gets him.

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

So, I'm a fast eater....always have been, and have heard every kind of comment over the years:

"Did you taste it?"

"Did you chew any of it?"

"Wow...you inhaled that!"

"Woh...you must have been hungry!"

and on and on...

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

So, I'm a fast eater....always have been, and have heard every kind of comment over the years:

"Did you taste it?"

and on and on...

yeah, my grilfriend gives me a pretty hard time because i have a tendency to inhale my food.  it's just how i've always eaten, i don't like it to take me half an hour to eat one plate of food, especially since i'm still going to be hungry enough for that second plate.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

"Wow you are really tall!"

I'm 6'8".  I get this ALL.THE.DAMN.TIME.  

Add in the other favorite:

"Do you play basketball?"

I really love it when I'm in the middle of lifting with ear phones in and they stop me mid set to tell me this.

I'm 5'11 and female, so I get the "wow you're tall" comment a lot. Sometimes I throw back, "really? I hadn't noticed"

One night, a new friend who happens to be black said, "wow, you're tall. Did you play basketball in school?" And I joked, "no, did you?" We had a good laugh about it and I think it made him think twice about stereotyping someone based on a physical attribute.

• Like 1

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

OMG I could talk on this ALL DAY.

My husband doesn't drink, for many reasons, not least of which he just doesn't like alcohol, and people always say "come on man you have to enjoy yourself!!"  UM HELLO he enjoys a coke more than he enjoys a beer, GTFO.

Also, my friend's little sister recently started working out and eating healthy, she is 16, and all I could think was man, wish I was that smart when I was you're all.  ALL OUR FRIENDS (overweight btw) said "Oh you're too young to worry about your weight, you look great!"  - healthy eating and exercise is important whether you're fat skinny short tall.

ALSO, my little sister is naturally very skinny, and doesn't have a very big appetite.  She's perfectly healthy; she just doesn't scoff her food and doesn't eat big meals (jealous lol).  Everyone tells her she needs to put on weight and eat a hamburger.  It's gotten to the point where she can't join gatherings where eating is involved because it makes her self-conscious.  These people have given her reverse anorexia or something.

me- i dont go to the bar, i quit drinking over a year ago.

guy- how lame, do you do anything fun?

me- actually i was an alcoholic 

him- oh....

shut him up real quick

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

I am a Vegetarian and the most common comment I get is "So what do you eat?" People act as if meat is the only food source in the world. Its getting to the point where the next time someone asks that I am going to say "Souls, I eat souls."

Another one is "Why are you Vegetarian? You are so skinny already" or this one"That is why you are so thin, you have to eat meat to get muscle." then the go on talking about protein in which they have no clue what they are saying.

It always makes me laugh when overweight unhealthy people try to give me nutrition advice.

but what do you eat anyway? just kidding. lol.

Never let your fear decide your fate.

(i just wanna say, it's so easy to eat  over a 1000 calories, now try burning 1000 calories off...not so easy! just step away from the cheese stick)

AMEN.

• Like 1

Level 2 Gladiatrix-in-Training

Spartan Warrior 

STR 8; DEX 4; STA 4.75; CON 5; WIS 2.75; CHA 4.5

"A man must accept his fate, or be destroyed by it."

"Do or do not, there is no try."

i dont' get the alcohol one.  it seems that everyone's response would indicate that alcohol is the only way to have fun?  as adults, are we incapable of having fun unless we inject some sort of substance into our body?  i don't get it.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

my best friend was like that- she just couldn't loosen up without it unless she was with one or two.  Drove me nuts because she was stupid uptight in a group and it got so bad I stopped inviting her to certain events because I could't have her drinking- and she was so uncomfortable sober.  (and she's a goofy character- we had many great moments completely sober- lots of fun so it wasn't like she was stuffy all the time)

It was the stupidest thing ever I thought. 

I gave up alcohol over 3 years ago and I get this a lot

"What do you mean you don't drink?!"

-"I just don't anymore, I stopped enjoying it"

"Were you an alcoholic?"

-"No, I just didn't want to drink anymore"

"So what do you do for fun?!!"

-"Oh you know, ballroom dancing, crime fighting, bear wrestling, whale whispering. That kinda thing"

"You're weird.

or if I'm in another country

"What do you mean you don't drink, you're IRISH!!!!"

-"Well, I was an alcoholic"

"Oh my god, really?"

-"No, but my addiction to fighting bears was the real problem"

• Like 2

Go BIG, or go home.

Or "i'm gonna die anyways, who cares what i eat?

I got that a "You're going to die anyways, have some fun and eat the (XXX)" at a dinner with some co-workers after work last week.  Apparently the beer I got with my grilled chicken salad was not sufficient, and I was expected to partake in the breaded, deep-fried greasy appetizers.

It's not the dying I'm worried about, it's the havoc the deep-fried (insert food here) plays with my digestive system for the next day or two.  Apparently feeling healthy and free of digestive issues is uncool?

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Most of these comments are just more proof that far too many people would rather drag others down to their level than try to climb up to theirs.

• Like 3

Name: Armored Gallant Race: HumanClass: Adventurer - Lv. 1 

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

Hahaha 

"Were you an alcoholic?"

-"Oh you know, ballroom dancing, crime fighting, bear wrestling, whale whispering. That kinda thing"

"You're weird.

"Oh my god, really?"

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Level Two Time Lord Adventurer
STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 2 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 3

"Did you taste it?"

and on and on...

Someone once asked me if I had been in prison at one point, based on how fast I eat.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Most of these comments are just more proof that people would rather drag others down to their level than try to climb up to theirs.

I hate to agree (as I hope to see the best in people), but it is true.  Most folks don't like it when you change yourself for the better.  Maybe it is they don't like where they are, or maybe it is the changing of a routine.  I try to take it as a sign I'm doing something right!

• Like 1

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those

poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I hate to agree (as I hope to see the best in people), but it is true.  Most folks don't like it when you change yourself for the better.  Maybe it is they don't like where they are, or maybe it is the changing of a routine.  I try to take it as a sign I'm doing something right!

I try to see the best (or at least the better) in people as well, but there are some things that apply to many people: they'd rather everyone be bad at the thing they are instead of improving themselves. I hear it all the time, especially in the health world; "That guy has bigger muscles than me, he must be on steroids!", "That woman is skinnier than me, she must be bulimic!", or just flat out making fun of people who try to eat healthy and/or exercise while they finish eating their second big mac.

Some people are really great, they push themselves to become betteter. Others, and often the ones with the loudest voices, are not.

Name: Armored Gallant Race: HumanClass: Adventurer - Lv. 1 

Attributes: STR: 4 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 1 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 "All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frostFrom the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king." 

Completely not fitness related

"ooohhhh you ride??

or 

"is that your motorcycle?

standing helmet in hand or just gearing up to get on the bike.

<facepalm>

I like to tell people I"m just really clumsie if they ask if I ride when I walk in with a full face helmet and a leather armored jacket. 

• Like 1

(i just wanna say, it's so easy to eat  over a 1000 calories, now try burning 1000 calories off...not so easy! just step away from the cheese stick)

Not realising this honestly made me depressed enough to give up on weight loss at one point in my life. And now understanding it 4 years later is whats gonna make it actually work.

• Like 2

Height 6'2" Age 26

345/215/435

Strength isn’t just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I’m covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength! Haruyuki Arita (Accel World)

Or "i'm gonna die anyways, who cares what i eat?

Haha I reckon, I've had that a few times. Or "You only live once, might as well enjoy it". Makes me want to bang their head against the wall :)

A few times when I've suggested to people that they eat a bit more protein and not just apples all day they say "What has got protein in it?" - REALLY? 

And one time someone was telling me about the four food groups: Protein, Fats, Carbs and Vegetables. I had a giggle :)

My Blog

My Book Reviews

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

"Were you an alcoholic?"

"You're weird.

"Oh my god, really?"

Yeah I get this. I gave up drinking a few years ago mainly because alcohol and I tend to get along too well. But my dad, who knows I don't drink and why, still says "You want a beer" almost every time I go around and often jokes about going to the pub to get on the piss (nz slang). My in-laws do the same thing, "Can I get you a drink, a beer maybe?"

"No thanks, I don't drink"

"Oh ok" they say... most visits. It's weird. Maybe I'm talking too quietly or their ears are painted on!

My Blog

My Book Reviews

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain