Annoying comments you hear all the time

Nope, in which case they should know they are dyslexic and ask someone to check before they put something on a sign.

I mean, making mistakez on ze interwebz is fine by me, but it's just silly to do so on you're sign (:

Somebody's looking for trouble with the grammar police...

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Anyone read Terry Pratchett? I just remembered this hilarious passage in one of the Discworld books where the owners of a produce stall have all their dialog written the way their signs read. So there are apostrophes all over the place and the sentences end up having the wrong meaning and the communication gets totally silly. Can't remember the book, but it's so funny and gratifying at the same time.

• Like 2

----

Don't Chew what you should Eschew!

Ugh. Peer pressure to drink is the worst. My friends don't get it; I hardly drank before, now that I'm training I'm off the sauce. They just look at me like I punched a baby dolphin.

I also have stopped now that I'm trying to get fit. Went back to visit some college buddies and they were disappointed when I was drinking mugs filled with water. I got the "don't you like to have fun anymore?" comment.

• Like 1

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

I also have stopped now that I'm trying to get fit. Went back to visit some college buddies and they were disappointed when I was drinking mugs filled with water. I got the "don't you like to have fun anymore?" comment.

Ugh, because drinking is the only way to have fun. Silly people.

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

You clearly just need to be stealthier. -nod,nod- Like a ninja.  :ph34r:  (knew there was a ninja smiley somewhere in there!)

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

Water? PSHAW!!! It's really good vodka!

Haha, that's the idea!

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

I'm hardly hanging out with one of my best friends anymore, because he always want to pound shots. He'll offer, I'll decline, politely, and he just looks crushed because I don't want to get shitfaced with him. He, and a few other friends, are convinced that I've forgotten how to be fun, so I feel your pain. They don't understand! I'M ON A QUEST!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

I'm hardly hanging out with one of my best friends anymore, because he always want to pound shots. He'll offer, I'll decline, politely, and he just looks crushed because I don't want to get shitfaced with him. He, and a few other friends, are convinced that I've forgotten how to be fun, so I feel your pain. They don't understand! I'M ON A QUEST!

Exactly! These people don't understand. But well, a new life will bring new friends.

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Huzzah for our quests to get rid of our beer bellies! A round of ice water for everyone! *glug glug glug*

• Like 1

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

A squeeze of lime for the good rebel!

Thank you sir!

I just had the lamest pun pop into my head: Why does the paleo diet ban grains? Because they're cereal killers! (hahaha, okay, I'll shut up now :playful: )

Ah yes, sillyness is a pretty good counter attack to those annoying comments. The most common perception when you are trying to get in shape is that you are going to turn into a health nut. I find that nerding out and making silly jokes about the stuff I don't touch anymore helps people swallow the pill of difference.

One of my favorites is when someone asks you to eat/drink something you have banned from your diet, I just say: No thanks, that stuff hates my guts.(if you know what I mean) I've yet to see anyone push it with that answer.

Or just go into techno-fitness-babble and they'll just smile and back away slowly.

• Like 1

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thank you sir!

I just had the lamest pun pop into my head: Why does the paleo diet ban grains? Because they're cereal killers! (hahaha, okay, I'll shut up now :playful: )

Ah yes, sillyness is a pretty good counter attack to those annoying comments. The most common perception when you are trying to get in shape is that you are going to turn into a health nut. I find that nerding out and making silly jokes about the stuff I don't touch anymore helps people swallow the pill of difference.

One of my favorites is when someone asks you to eat/drink something you have banned from your diet, I just say: No thanks, that stuff hates my guts.(if you know what I mean) I've yet to see anyone push it with that answer.

Or just go into techno-fitness-babble and they'll just smile and back away slowly.

Puns (and the accompanying groans) are always appreciated!  :joyous:

Using silliness is awesome! I used to use self-deprecating humor about my level of fitness (especially my man boobs) quite a bit, but now that those are going away I can channel that humor towards things like annoying comments that I hear!

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Daily Battle Log   Album

Anyone read Terry Pratchett? I just remembered this hilarious passage in one of the Discworld books where the owners of a produce stall have all their dialog written the way their signs read. So there are apostrophes all over the place and the sentences end up having the wrong meaning and the communication gets totally silly. Can't remember the book, but it's so funny and gratifying at the same time.

It was Going Postal, when Moist delivers the letter to the grocers' that has been waiting for ten years in the letters pile.

... don't ask how many times I've read that book, or how familiar I am with the Pratchett canon.

Yay, puns!

*groan*.  Well done ... that pun was awful.

Humour is one of my favourite methods of brushing off unwanted comments.  Crisis averted, nobody gets offended, the conversation continues with a judiciously-placed topic change.

It's when people don't give up that I get narky.

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Puns (and the accompanying groans) are always appreciated!  :joyous:

Using silliness is awesome! I used to use self-deprecating humor about my level of fitness (especially my man boobs) quite a bit, but now that those are going away I can channel that humor towards things like annoying comments that I hear!

Pshaw, I have no time for sillyness. >.>

Ahem.

It is good to have a sense of humor about yourself. What's that saying? Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself, he'll never cease to be amused? SOmething like that :)