• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jenlady

druid-assassin newbie!

Hello :3 You can call me Jen, I'm 20, and I'm working toward a healthier body and soul through yoga and cardio!

I'm short (5'2) and stocky and half my battle will be trying to love and accept my body.

I did gymnastics for 10 years so I have quite the foundation. I'm now a full time student at a university.

I'm editing my goals now because I have a different schedule.

I'm 126 and I'd like to lose 5 pounds.

Goals:

Run 3 times a week. This is definitely attainable.

3 =  A, 2= C, 1= D. 

Do Yoga 2 times a week at the gym.

(Also, if you don't make it to the gym, do it at home)

3=A, 1= B, 0= D. 

Other goals

Try to get under 9 minute mile pace. (I've been doing 10 consistently)

Don't eat after 9 pm

Cut out refined sugar, do my best to avoid anything processed. <-- This one is going to be REALLY hard for me  :numbness: 

I'll try and post every couple of days and hopefully some nicer looking pictures after 6 weeks !!! S

Support, advice and kind works are all very helpful to me. Peace and love !

I am also short and stocky, so I know where you're coming from. Our height and weight are actually pretty similar; 5'2"but I'm at 121 last time I weighed myself.

Welcome here!

I hate running, too. Have you tried skating and swimming?

Have fun at the Druids and just tell me if you want this thread to be moved to the new challenges forum next week?

How much and what do you eat?

Good luck!

No i haven't tried skating but I do like to swim. Maybe I should try that, because running is really hurting my ankles.Yes please can you move it to the challenge forum  please. :)

I eat around 1200 to 15000 cals a day-  I eat eggs or greek yogurt for breakfast, some type of meat or a salad with nuts for lunch and same with dinner. I also eat late at night sometimes which is bad. I drink a lot of tea and when I go out I usually get sushi or some type of veggie meal. I really never eat pasta and bread unless its a special occasion. Yep thats pretty much it, it sound really healthy yet I've gained 10 pounds this year -_-

Welcome jenlady! Your challenge thread is now in the forum for this challenge. I think you have great goals!

I am 5'1 and have a strong build. Looking at your pictures you already have a pretty awesome body. Your plan should certainly help making it healthier and even fitter.

Sounds like you are eating really health already. I would question if you are eating enough. The human body is an amazing thing. We are designed for survival. Your body will do what it can to survive in the long run, if you are not eating enough, your body will prepare for starvation times by turning every possible calorie into fat, it will also use your muscle as a source of energy. I really couldn't believe that I would loose weight by eating more... but the numbers don't lie! 

Since I started eating at my "target weight calorie level", I have lost 22pounds (in 6 months), I exercised a lot less than you are exercising and ate a lot more (around 1750 to 1880 calories per day). Now that I am exercising more and trying to build lean body mass I am eating just under 2000 calories (starting with this challenge). This will stop the overall weight loss but hopefully continue to reduce fat % and increase lean body mass. 

Try using this calculator to calculate what your calorie intake should be at your activity level:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

The results are slow and it may take several weeks before your body realises that famine is over and stops storing fat... but by learning to eat at the right level for your target weight, you change your lifestyle to what it is meant to be and you are never on a diet. It is an approach that you can maintain for the rest of your life. I highly recommend it!  

I also recommend that you measure your waist, hips, thighs, bust, bum and any other area you want to track. Because as you shed fat and build muscle... your body will get leaner... and its possible that your weight stays stable or even increases.

These are just suggestions based on what worked for me and a few other friends. You need to experiment and find what works for you. :)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

thanks, i got that my cals should be about 1400 so i'll set my calorie counter to that. to be honest i haven't been counting my cals because it constantly makes me think about food and how much everything is. 

i was wondering does anyone think swimming is a good way to tone up and burn cals? the thing is, when I look at swimmers bodies, to me they look so big and poofy, esp in the arms and shoulders. not really what i want to look like. i just dont feel like i'm a runner lol, but i'll keep at it for now.

I dont think you will get as big as the serious swimmers unless you start swimming for many hours every week. So dont worry about that. Plus its good cross training if you are running. :)

I just did a quick calculation and 1400 still sounds very low to me... what activity level is that? Did you scroll down to look at the table at the bottom of the page?

From your goals your activity level is moderate... and we have similar heights, I would expect your target to be somewhere around 1800 to 2000. Seriously! If you are running and exercising in the gym 4 times a week... plus yoga 6 times per week you are burning a lot of calories. Eating 1400 puts you under your basic needs for survival at this activity level, your metabolism will slow down, your body will be using up muscle and storing every last bit of energy it gets as fat. I didn't believe it myself so I started at 1700, since then I have increased my intake of calories by about 50 each month... and now I am just under 2000. My activity level is moderate. I am still loosing weight and I have so much more energy now than I did 6 months ago, it really is unbelievable!

Anyway, I don't mean to pester you... experiment and see what works for you. Good luck! :)

If you feel up to it, do join our Druid mini-challenges, its a lot of fun:

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/27575-mini-challenge-around-nf-in-40-days-strong-like-a-warrior/

Right now I'm really not doing 4 times and week and yoga 6 times. I'm usually doing less only because I have finals for the next 2 weeks. For yoga I'm only doing basically stretching for 20 min and then trying to get in a 20 min run but not the typical run + weightlifting or group class like I normally like to do. Besides exercising I normally unfortunately sit on my ass all day studying so I don't get hardly any movement besides that. So I feel like I should keep my cals low, but I know what you're saying- I don't want to lose my muscle D:. You're not pestering at all, thank you for your input!

stopped by to give you an update on the coconut milk ice cream.  it was crazy easy and super delicious.  here is the recipe i ended up w/

1 can coconut milk

4 tbsp cocoa

2 tbsp honey

1 tsp vanilla

1/2c almond butter

I have a CuisineArt ice cream maker - so i just threw everything in there and let it spin for 15 minutes.  You could easily whip this up, stick it in a bowl and freeze it more slowly if needed.  crazy good.  especially if you need a chocolate fix.  and not too expensive like some paleo treats!

Hearty belated welcome, from one also built "low to the ground" with sturdy legs good for "standing my ground."

Quote marks are because I took the words directly from Clarissa Pinkola Estes' book "Women Who Run with the Wolves."

I can't claim I love every inch of my body; but definitely this book single-handedly brought me away from hating it.

There's a website where somebody typed out a section of her chapter "Joyous Body" from WWRWTW.

http://thisbirdhasflown.tumblr.com/post/24480649965/joyous-body-the-wild-flesh-body-talk

To take pleasure in a world filled with many kinds of beauty is a joy in life to which all women are entitled. To support only one kind of beauty is to be somehow unobservant of nature. There cannot only be one kind of songbird, only one kind of pine tree, only one kind of wolf. There cannot be one kind of baby, one kind of man, or one kind of woman. There cannot be one kind of breast, one kind of waist, one kind of skin.

Best of luck in your quest.

hey there, i'm doing okay. i started working over 40 hours a week and moved to the other side of the state. i actually have mono right now so i've kinda lost hope with being toned because i can't work out aghh. i lost weight, i'm now only around 7 pounds more than i want to be, but i still feel horribly big boned and just..ugly..idk. i really want to make my legs stronger yet smaller but i'm really not supposed to do any exercising.