Assassins - We Need Your Help / Opinions / Ideas!

Wolverine

Assassin Brothers and Sisters,

Your guild leaders need your help!  We are gearing up for the start of the NEXT six-week challenge, and we want your voices to be heard.  Please reply to this post and let us know...

• What did you like about the mini-challenges this round?  What did you not like?  Should there be more?  Less?  The same amount?  Do you have any ideas for challenges?  Did you participate in any of the mini-challenges?  Why or why not?

• Did you like the format of the General Chat Thread?  Did you use it?  Why or why not?

• Did you find the Announcements Thread useful?  Did you subscribe to it?  Why or why not?

• Anything else you'd change or add or subtract, or any other ideas about areas I've forgotten to mention?

Please be as annoying wordy and specific as you want to be.  I'm not going to guarantee that we're going to include each and every idea we read, but your opinion matters to us!  We're looking to make this Guild useful and fun for you all, so we need to know what you need and want!

Thanks!

Wolverine, Nuala, RandomWanderer

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

• What did you like about the mini-challenges this round?  What did you not like?  Should there be more?  Less?  The same amount?  Do you have any ideas for challenges?  Did you participate in any of the mini-challenges?  Why or why not

I liked the variety and the different areas that were targeted. And the story lines are always fun.  I didn't like how they were on different threads each time. It seemed messy to me. It made my ADHD go a little crazy. I think the challenge time frames were just fine. It gave me something to look forward to each week. I would like some challenges that have less specific exercises. Sometimes it's difficult for me to perform one specific exercise than it is to take a class at the Y because my kids hang on me all the time. Anything I can perform at the gym or with kids around is easier.

• Did you like the format of the General Chat Thread?  Did you use i?  Why or why not?

The general chat was fine. I'm not sure how it can be any better.  I used it, but not often. Didn't really have much to say.

• Did you find the Announcements Thread useful?  Did you subscribe to it?  Why or why not?

Announcements were fine. No issues there.

• Anything else you'd change or add or subtract, or any other ideas about areas I've forgotten to mention?

Not sure there is anything else that can be done. I personally find it hard to get motivated toward the end of the challenge, but that's more of a personal issue than a group issues. As far as I have seen, this is clearly the best class on the Rebellion. (sorry other groups, but it's true)

Level 17 Half Kender Assassin
XP 1700

I really felt like had I started at the beginning performing the six week mini challenges, I would have stayed a bit more motivated (plus I've run into a bunch of problems so I'm not able to take the time to train.  What I liked about the mini challenges is they provide an activity even on the go! without being restricted by the workout program.

I think, more challenges could be included, like pistol squats, frog stands, etc.  Sorry I can't go into more detail, pressed for time! Really look forward to posting my results and starting the next six week challenge/mini-challenges!!!!!!

Race: Deva | STR: 5  DEX: 4  STA: 4  CON: 3  WIS: 4  CHA: 2

! = Inactive ! = Active/Non-Focus ! = Active/Main Focus

Wizard Lv. 5 Monk Lv. 1 Assassin Lv. 2 

CURRENT CHALLENGE: ZachAcid - Tutorial Finished: C! Next Phase: Conditioning

BATTLE LOG: Experience Box (BLLVL: 2)

PROGRAMMING: Reshaping My Body for Parkour

QUEST: The Quest of A Buddha

What did you like about the mini-challenges this round? What did you not like? Should there be more? Less? The same amount? Do you have any ideas for challenges? Did you participate in any of the mini-challenges? Why or why not?

I like mini-challenges, I just had to drop out and focus on my actual goals for this challenge. I don't really mind either way.

Did you like the format of the General Chat Thread? Did you use it? Why or why not?

Not sure what could be different. I didn't use it though, because I had no direct need for it and was more focused on other things.

Did you find the Announcements Thread useful? Did you subscribe to it? Why or why not?

Definitely useful and subscribed. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

Anything else you'd change or add or subtract, or any other ideas about areas I've forgotten to mention?

I would have to say I agree on Devyn's statement about motivation at the end.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

mini challenges are great, took part in all but the last (current one). well the only suggestion is rather than particular exercises let people be creative

general chat thread is great, it would be great if such a thing is there separately for discussing problems being faced by the assassins.

announcement thread is great but such an announcement thread should be there for everyone, although monitored to keep the junk out. 

well support Devyn regarding motivation ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ASSASSIN LEVEL:3

STR: 15(current), 4(beginning) | DEX: 11.42(current), 1(beginning) | STA: 3.26(current), 1(beginning) | CON: 9(current), 4(beginning) | WIS: 3(current), 2(beginning) | CHA: 10.37(current), 3(beginning)

Challenges: #1#2

Current Challenge: challenge 3

What did you like about the mini-challenges this round? What did you not like? Should there be more? Less? The same amount? Do you have any ideas for challenges? Did you participate in any of the mini-challenges? Why or why not?

I love them - I travel quite a bit, so I like that they're only a week long and that they each have their own thread (that makes it so much easier to ignore the ones that I'm not around for).

Did you like the format of the General Chat Thread? Did you use it? Why or why not?

It's fine - I suppose if you wanted more chatter, there could be rotating discussion topics, but that might make it too much like another task instead of a fun optional thing. 

Did you find the Announcements Thread useful? Did you subscribe to it? Why or why not?

Useful.  I'm not subbed, but I don't subsribe to anything.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

• What did you like about the mini-challenges this round? What did you not like? Should there be more? Less? The same amount? Do you have any ideas for challenges? Did you participate in any of the mini-challenges? Why or why not?

I liked how the challenge started on Monday and lasted a week. It was easy to keep up with them. Love the fun story lines. Love the variety. Yes, I participated in the mini challenges. I like the challenges a bit better when we have specific goals, ie be upside down for a total of 2 hours for the whole guild or when there is a competition, who can do the most burpees. I seem to push myself harder than if its just a nebulous do some of this. And I love fun badges.

Ideas for challenges, some thing at the end to pump us up and help us finish strong- maybe a badge of honor to the person who posts all their workouts week 6 and gets an A for their goals week 6.

Maybe also some life type challenges-do something you've never done before; talk to someone new: make a list of 5 things you want to accomplish in the next 6 months;do a workout in a new place.

• Did you like the format of the General Chat Thread? Did you use it? Why or why not?
  • I use it somewhat. No real reason I don't. I don't really know what to talk about unless I'm replying to someone.
  •  
  • Did you find the Announcements Thread useful? Did you subscribe to it? Why or why not?
  • Yes very useful
  •  
  • Back when we first had guilds we were divided into squads. I really liked that. Sometimes now I feel like people who are quiet or new are getting lost in the shuffle. I want to encourage newbies, but it is so hard to keep track of everyone because there are so many. When we had guilds there were about 9 people to a guild, then I was able to keep track of my guild. I'm not sure why the idea was dropped-iit may have been hard for the moderators to manage.
  •  
  •  

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1.  General Chat Thread:  This has some very useful elements.  

-The Active Members links is essential for keeping up with the growing ranks.  Could move it to its own directory page now that its become so large.

-The Accounability Buddies link is helpful.  Is there a way to show group membership on the Active Members roster?   

-The Active PVPs links is a good "one stop" source for seeing what people are doing.  

-The Bios would benefit from having links to Wolverine's collected spreadsheets.  (Even though this was a poke, I'm sure a lot of us would shamelessly steal his ideas and tables for our own nefarious purposes.)  

-Also, a link to Nuala's food pictures for those of us who like to drool from afar.  Maybe with recipes?  I think a lot of folks would not only try them, but add their own to the list.

-Maybe a link to Waldo's training tips?  Its hard to remember what he's written and where he wrote it.

-It might be helpful to separate the resources (links) from the chat thread just to separate the two functions/activities.  

2.  The Announcements Thread is useful.  Worth keeping around.

3.  Mini-Challenges:  I dropped my participation in these this time around to focus on my own goals, but I think they do a great job of involving people with each other and of getting people to try different types of exercises.

4.  It seems like the amount of organizational work for the Guild is increasing exponentially with each challenge and that you three might need some help.  Is that something that is necessary and/or realistic?  And what would be the way to go about it?

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

• What did you like about the mini-challenges this round?  What did you not like?  Should there be more?  Less?  The same amount?  Do you have any ideas for challenges?  Did you participate in any of the mini-challenges?  Why or why not?

I like the storyline. Made it a little more fun. I liked when there was more variety in the exercises available to do, since some exercises I just don't enjoy. The first two challenges were definitely my favorite though. I liked the amount of challenges. One per week was good. The ones I didn't participate in were the ones that I had a physical impairment (I can't lay on my back to do hollow holds without getting absurdly dizzy). This also applies to challenge #6. I also had problems with the parkour challenge because it was absurdly cold here that week and it was something that was much more difficult to do in my apartment. If I have any awesome ideas I will certainly share them with you before the next challenge starts :)

• Did you like the format of the General Chat Thread?  Did you use it?  Why or why not?

I didn't use it. I might look at it more next time. I'm still getting used to the community and getting to know everyone.

I really liked the announcement thread because I knew if I subscribed to it, I wouldn't miss anything important. I'd like to see it again :)

Great job guys!! I love nerd fitness and I especially love the assassins so keep up the good work  :applouse:

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

I didn't participate as much as I would have

Ike's because of a job change mid challenge, but I liked the challenges for the most part. My only issue was that they sometime ran counter to my workout schedule, so working them in was occasionally difficult.

I liked the thread setup and execution, and found it easy to follow hen I was active.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Thanks for your answers guys. We really appreciate your inputs :) Keep them coming, that's really helpful for us. 

To answer Croman Red, well, for now we're good. If we are increasing our workload, it's because we can do it. :D If you really want to help, it's easy: keep on being awesome, cheer on your guilds members, take care of the newcomers and if you have some idea, suggestions or remarks, don't ever ever hesitate to send us a PM. Don't be afraid to bother us (you won't) knowing what people think about the way we work is a goldmine for us.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I liked the mini-challenge setups this time - making them each a week made it easy to keep track, and there was a good variety of activities. I skipped a couple weeks because the activity was counter to my goals, but that was fine.

I think it works fine - I don't use it much, just because I tend to interact mainly on people's individual threads.

I did subscribe to it, and found it very useful, particularly for pointing at the current mini-challenge.

Anything else you'd change or add or subtract, or any other ideas about areas I've forgotten to mention?

Moderators, you are awesome. Thanks for taking on the extra time and effort to make our guild so great!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

What did you like about the mini-challenges this round?  What did you not like?  Should there be more?  Less?  The same amount?  Do you have any ideas for challenges?  Did you participate in any of the mini-challenges?  Why or why not?

I liked the mini-challenges, I think one per week was a perfect number, it ended up getting me to do stuff I hadn't really though of(like now I'm trying to train to do handstand push-ups,eventually, :) )

Did you like the format of the General Chat Thread?  Did you use it?  Why or why not?

I didn't actually use it, but this was a short challenge for me, so I may use it next time.

• Yes I found it very helpful to subscribe to it and get an email when there was a new mini-challenge or update.

• I think everything was done very well great job guys.  I'm looking forward to the next challenge!

Level 3 Half-Ogre-Mage Assassin

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 12.5 | WIS: 6.8 | CHA: 3.5

Challenges: Current |  #3 | #2 | #1

I actually didn't participate in any of the mini-challenges, mainly because the storyline was a little silly, the goals were a deviant from my own personal goals, and I didn't really see much of a point in adding to my work load, especially exercises that weren't things that I was focusing on. 

I don't think I've ever used the General Chat Thread, but I would be open to in the future should I feel the need to. 

Most of the announcements on the thread seemed to exist elsewhere on the forum, so I didn't subscribe, because I didn't see a need to. 

• Anything else you'd change or add or subtract, or any other ideas about areas I've forgotten to mention

The only change that I'm concerned about is myself. This forum is running very smoothly, and the guild leaders for the Assassins are some of the best. You guys keep us all informed and also have some beast challenges of your own. Keep up the good work. 

STR - 9 DEX - 10 STA - 12 CON - 6 WIS - 12.5 CHA - 5 Level 4 Assassin Soldier 

Current Challenge: "Becoming Oliver Queen: Part 1" 

Battle Log: "Will You Commit Yourself to This Program?" 

Epic Quest: "The List" (coming soon!) 

Мой аргумент не Ñ Ð²Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ - My argument is not with you. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines