3 things

1. The meter maid finished with the parking section I usually park in (without paying, because I'm only in a spot for all of 3-5 minutes) before I pulled into a spot, thus ensuring I didn't get a ticket.

2. When I walked into Starbucks for my tall iced black coffee, "Passin' Me By" by The Pharcyde was playing. It's one of my favorite songs on Earth, just the smile-inducing moment I needed before walking into the final that had me too agitated and stressed to sleep.

3. The final? Super hard. But it's over now. And I'm grateful for that.

I turned 22 today, it's one of those weird birthdays in my opinion because it's not really a mile stone, it's only another stepping stone. I just started thinking about everything that has happened in my life; I've had some very harsh patches and some patches that I wouldn't trade for anything. The three things that I am most grateful for over all are:

1 my family; we don't always get along, but they've always supported me and helped me through the crap that life throws out of nowhere 

2 my friends; I'm not all that social and tend to lose connections to people pretty quickly, but somehow this great group of people has kept me around for four years

3  life in general; it's probably the most important thing ever, since if there's no life there's nothing to be grateful for. Life is also important because it is a new and crazy experience everyday

Sorry for the mush, I think I got a little heat exhaustion today and it's making me loopy and emotional 

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

It's been a few days, but I missed y'all!

1. That I'm in my new home :D

2. That I have income for June's rent

3. That I am recognizing my need to set boundaries with people and working on doing that more

4. That I completed 3 out of my 4 challenge goals with almost 2 weeks left

5. That I think I found the perfect solution for school for my youngest

6. That the Arabic numbering system contains even numbers :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

For a while I was reminding myself every night of 5 things that I was greatful for.  Then for some reason I stopped.  Thanks to this post, I'm going to start up again.  It puts things in perspective.

1) That I can support my son and myself

2) That I am taking a positive step towards improving my work conditions

3) That I have the most wonderful best friend EVER!!!

“Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!† Mame Dennis, Auntie Mame 1958

Level 1 Lycan Adventurer

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 2  CON: 2  WIS: 6  CHA: 4

Possessions:  Fire Flower Power Up

Guest asdf

1. This college semester was a success and I don't have to eat my school's horrible Sodexo food for over a year(upcoming study abroad).

2. An delightfully awesome family, an amazing girlfriend and some damn good life friends.

3. I get to spend the summer working at a beautiful place surrounded by some of the best people I know.

1. That even with all the ups and downs lately, things are still moving in an upward direction overall. 

2. That I have the capacity to love (sorry for the repeat, I really could say this one everyday, its that big of a deal to me, but I feel it today a bit more than some other days)

3. That I am going to have a kid free afternoon/evening today! 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1. My family was safe last night (we live near where the tornados hit last night).

2. Jesus. (kind of general and generic, but still true)

3. A consistent job, albeit kinda boring right now.

l33yore :: Human Ranger :: Level 3

STR: 2 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 3 WIS: 5.5 CHA: 3.25

challenges: current 2 1 | intro

a christ follower / a husband and father, too / and i do some work

1 - My parents, for always being there for me when ever I needed them, never gave up on me. I owe them so much and can never repay them for everything they've done for me. 

2 - My best friend, for pretty much the same reason as my parents, I don't know what I would do without her. 

3 - My brothers. For being my best friends, apart from my best friend. :P 

Friday (5.17)

1. that I have a potential full time job as well as a guaranteed temp job if that full time one falls through
2. that I had the guts to wear a mini skirt out to dinner tonight

3. that I found the ED thread here in the NF forums yesterday :D :D :D :D 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1.)  friend and I saw Iron Man 3 Last night- FUN FUN

2.) Despite only 6.5 hrs of sleep I do not feel exhausted

3.) I'm really looking forward to today. Not sure why- i have no special plans- I have so much to do- but I'm VERY excited about just being here to do things to day. 

1. That my approach to new recipes of "throw a bunch of stuff in there and mash it" yields such awesome things as the salsa I just made.

2. Getting some sun after a week of dreary and rainy weather, definitely gonna head out later.

3. My incredible slumber despite apparently drunk neighbors yelling at each other.

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.†- Vince Lombardi

Wolf, level 1 Vampire assassinSTR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Wolfish Philosophy

Current challenge

1 - My parents, for always being there for me when ever I needed them, never gave up on me. I owe them so much and can never repay them for everything they've done for me. 

2 - My best friend, for pretty much the same reason as my parents, I don't know what I would do without her. 

3 - My brothers. For being my best friends, apart from my best friend. :P

These are amazing :) to have one or more people that are that supportive of you, is awesome!!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Wolf....YAY for good sleep!!

My 3 for today

1. My ex got his first full time position in his career field, before he's even half finished with his degree and he had a choice between two offers even! Which obviously benefits me financially, being the baby mama! lol

2. My daughter got accepted into the alternative school I wanted for her

3. I have a home, food, clothing and am loved, which is amazingly wonderful!

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1.  My bed is completely covered with pets--it's amazing how much space two cats and a dog can take up.  I love all of them.

2.  My kindergartener knows how to read!  And now that she knows how, she wants to read all.the.time.  She reads picture books and billboards and her National Geographic Kids magazine to me.

3.  My friend Lauren can sit up and sort Uno cards into piles by color.  This is a huge deal.  She was run over by a car in January and sustained severe brain injuries, as well as a broken neck and some other major injuries.  Go Lauren!

1.)  I'm at work.   sucks but I have a job.

2.) I'm getting volume in my hair (going for height here BIG VOLUME- not texas style more punk rocker style)

3.) Wed is boyfriend day. YAY. 

4.) grateful my body works!

yes I know it's 4- deal with it. 

1. My ability to be self aware and correct my shortcomings in my personality and behaviors before they become destructive
2. That i did a 30 second plank today

3. I slept for 7.5 hours last night! 

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

1.  My smile - it's brand new!  I got significant dental work done.  :chuncky:  <-- looks kinda like that

2.  My boyfriend.  I have never met anyone so kind and caring and gentle...and hilarious!  Uber nerd, too.  :love-struck:  Love that guy.

3. http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/the-10-goddamn-funniest-cat-gifs-of-the-week . Because really, we all need the lulz, and this got me laughing so hard I was crying.

Well - 

1. After several weeks of intense searching, we finally found a place in New York for when we move in August. (UM. HOLY #@$!. WE MOVE IN LIKE EIGHT WEEKS. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!)

2. I'm off today - which is rare - and the weather is nice, so I'm off for a long ride.

3. Though today she's busy with work, yesterday my girlfriend and I finally got some time together and spent a perfect afternoon down by the waterfront - there's nothing better than oysters by the beach and a long walk on a gorgeous afternoon. Summer has finally arrived in New England. :)

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then, the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

1.  Have I mentioned my dog yet?  Because, seriously, MY DOG.  Missy is a 25-lb. terrier mutt, I don't know what she's mixed with (I've heard everything from Papillon to Dalmatian!), she looks like a dust mop, and she is just all kinds of awesome. 

2.  Free time.  I took the evening for myself.  I played video games, took Miss Dog for a long walk, called my boyfriend, called my daughter...it has been SO chill.

3.  My job.  Tomorrow is going to be a big day.  We'll need all hands on deck from the time I start at 6:00 until at least 12:00.  So what is my manager doing?  Coming in early with breakfast burritos. :blink: WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

3.5  I'm not working at The Private Ambulance Mega Evil Conglomerate anymore!