Red and the Water Ninja.... Again.

Red1263

Yessir! I'm here to help you, Red :)

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Yessir! I'm here to help you, Red :)

WOLF

And I'm here to help you, but I don't think you'll ever need it :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 3 Day 1

So, after a weekend of eating nothing but Pasta, I was determined to work it off, so here's how I did! ABW with Modifications:

• Handstand Practice 3 sets considering only the length of time spent with legs extended (1 minute!, 38s, 30s)
  • 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Standing Lunges
  • 10 Pull-ups
  • 15 Dips
  • 10 Chin-ups
  • 11 Pylometric Pushups
  • Plank 35s
  • Stretching

OK So now that I'm able to reach a full 1 minute on the Handstand, I think it's time for me to start practicing kicking up into it, still using the wall. I think I'll just start by kicking up into it and having my brother spot me again, this time away from the wall. HA! I almost have this goal down!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Nice job on the handstands! Kicking into them is just finesse: it shouldn't take that long to get once you have the actual handstands down as well as you do.

Agreed.  Put in the time and it's pretty easy to figure out the balance sweet spot.

Yeah, My plan is to have my Brother spot me, until I'm able to kick up into it without body-planting the floor!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 3 Day 2

OK So today, I've finally marked where I am going to do my broad jump practice! So after warming up, I attempted the jumps, after 3 attemps, my leaps were:

1. 5'4"
  2. 5'9"
  3. 5'6"

This is measuring from where my heel started at and where it landed, if they didn't land together, then measurement will be taken place from the furthest back heel. (Just so everyone knows) So, there we have it! I'm actually a lot close to my goal than I actually planned and expected, heh heh ^_^;; So I now know where I stand... err... land... in terms of this goal, So this should be interesting!

Also I did Frog Squats and Frog Jumps for the Mini-challenge, heh, today was a froggy day.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

I started kicking up into a handstand in the traditional gymnastics way (hands raised, lift leg, drop hands and kick up non-lifted leg), but was generating way too much power and slamming into the wall.  I found this video particularly helpful with the kick up portion of the handstand.  Keeping my arms loose and hands down has been an integral part of me finding the right amount of force to generate to get up against but not go through the wall.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Nice job! I feel like there's some technique to the broad jumps too that comes with practice and will make the 6' even easier to achieve, mostly just getting all your body parts working in efficient synchronicity. You'll be hittin' 6' in no time!!

Yeah, Wolf sent me some informative information :P

I started kicking up into a handstand in the traditional gymnastics way (hands raised, lift leg, drop hands and kick up non-lifted leg), but was generating way too much power and slamming into the wall.  I found this video particularly helpful with the kick up portion of the handstand.  Keeping my arms loose and hands down has been an integral part of me finding the right amount of force to generate to get up against but not go through the wall.

Wolverine, I was wondering if the motion in the video you provided counted as a kick-up to meet my requirements. Seeing as to how that's the title of said video, I think I'm good. Thanks for the video, I'll definitely use this one as a reference!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 3 Days 3 & 4

Day 3: I had a meeting to go to, that I had completely forgotten about, so my exercising on that day didn't happen -_-

Day 4: Seeing as to how it was a between day, I did the following

• Warm-up (100 Jumping Jacks)
  • Broad Jump 3 attempts: 5'7", 5'8", 6'!!
  • 50 Frog Squats
  • 25 Frog Jumps
  • 10 Burpees (just for shukar :P)

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Wolverine, I was wondering if the motion in the video you provided counted as a kick-up to meet my requirements. Seeing as to how that's the title of said video, I think I'm good. Thanks for the video, I'll definitely use this one as a reference!

I certainly think so!  As long as you're kicking up I don't think it matters one iota where your hands are.  You do have a "form doesn't have to be perfect" clause too, so if you wanted to work on different hand/arm positioning during the kick-up you can always perfect whichever style you like later.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Huh, I've never even tried to kick up the gymnastics way - I saw the video Wolverine linked long before I ever tried a handstand, and I've been doing it that way from the beginning. To me, it still totally counts - I mainly refer to kicking up as a differentiatior from walking up the wall, because they're such different methods.

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

*big hug* hey Red. Sorry I've been away and all that. Seems like you're in good spirits though :)

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I certainly think so!  As long as you're kicking up I don't think it matters one iota where your hands are.  You do have a "form doesn't have to be perfect" clause too, so if you wanted to work on different hand/arm positioning during the kick-up you can always perfect whichever style you like later.

Ahh, thanks Wolverine! I was having a bit of trouble trying to work out what the goal requirements were.

Huh, I've never even tried to kick up the gymnastics way - I saw the video Wolverine linked long before I ever tried a handstand, and I've been doing it that way from the beginning. To me, it still totally counts - I mainly refer to kicking up as a differentiatior from walking up the wall, because they're such different methods.

Ha ha ha, I've never seen that video, and I always thought the kick-up was the traditional "Semi-cartwheel" Fashion. But I'm glad to know I won't crash in to things anymore.... err that is, more than usual :P

*big hug* hey Red. Sorry I've been away and all that. Seems like you're in good spirits though :)

It's alright Kibcy, You had to take care of your things, I'm just glad that you're back and hugging me ^_^

How are things going?  Get those kick ups down yet?

It's going, The kick-ups need more work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 3 Day 5 & Week 4 Day 1

Week 3 Day 5: I'm sorry, I just lost this day, I didn't know what it was, but this day just flew by me, I did nothing of importance.

Week 4 Day 1: Gah! My ever-so-helpful brother rented movies today and suckered me into watching one with him, causing me to not exercise afterwards because it became too late! I'm going to try to redeem this, somehow But on the plus side, I'm going to alter my Pylometric Push-ups. Instead of just 1 set, I'm going to do 3 sets with a 45 second break in between, to try and increase the number of them.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Oh oh... Red is skipping workouts altogether now... Seems like I need to get out the "Kibcy broomstick".

I wanna see you make up for it!! GO GO GO :D

Spoiler

Oh oh... Red is skipping workouts altogether now... Seems like I need to get out the "Kibcy broomstick".

I first read through and saw Kibcy boomstick, thoughts of Army of Darkness ensued and I couldn't think of a better motivator than a sawed off shotgun wielded by Ash :).  Either way keep it up and keep having fun.

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

Ha ha ha, I'm making it up, I'm making it up! Don't "broom" me!! O.o

I first read through and saw Kibcy boomstick, thoughts of Army of Darkness ensued and I couldn't think of a better motivator than a sawed off shotgun wielded by Ash :).  Either way keep it up and keep having fun.

Ha ha ha, great, now I have images of Army of Darkness in my head :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 4 Day 2

Ha! ha! I worked out today! Take that!... uhh... Somebody! ABW with Modifications:

• Handstand Practice
  • 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Standing Lunges
  • 10 Pull-ups
  • 15 Dips
  • 10 Chin-ups
  • Pylometric Pushups (6, 7, 7 with a 45 sec break)
  • Plank 35s
  • Stretching

OK So from here on in, I'm going to start practicing kicking up into a Handstand, so I'll initially start with just trying to kick up into the Wall handstand because it's apparently a LOT of work on the leg kicking up into it, I'm starting close to the wall and start gradually moving further and further away from it, until I'm at least a good distance away and able to get my legs straight for it to count as the complete handstand. This will probably take up the rest of the Challenge time because... well... it's hard kicking up! :P

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

*pets Red with a soft broom* Good good!! Well done :D

Looking forward to seeing you progress with that handstand!!!

Spoiler

Good stuff, Red! Glad to see ya back on the wagon! Quick question..are you're workouts done in 3 sets? I was just curious :) You getting more comfortable w/ the handstand practice??

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Are you doing your kickups with the same leg every time? When I first attempted handstands my dominant leg always lasted much longer (no big surprise) so I tried to make sure I was strengthening the other side too.

Paradox, Humor, Change

Level Four Half-Elf Ninja (Assassin/Monk)

Str: 15.25 l Dex: 12.25 l Sta: 10.25 l Con: 5 l Wis: 10 l Cha: 7

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

Ninja Gecko Profile / Battle Chronicles

*pets Red with a soft broom* Good good!! Well done :D

Looking forward to seeing you progress with that handstand!!!

*whimpers as soft broom pets me* O.o

Good stuff, Red! Glad to see ya back on the wagon! Quick question..are you're workouts done in 3 sets? I was just curious :) You getting more comfortable w/ the handstand practice??

WOLF

So far, I'm only doing 1 circuit but the target exercise (Broad Jumps, Handstand, PPU's) I do 3 sets, I'm isolating them in order improve on them :P Yeah, the Handstands are getting easier, so long as I remember to kick up with one leg first then the other :P

Hehehe, this cracked me up xD Still giggling xD

I think Kibcy needs to get after your brother with that broom, pesky siblings! :tongue:

Glad I can make you laugh! ^_^ Oh, I regularly hit my brothers, the broom is just... extra :P

Are you doing your kickups with the same leg every time? When I first attempted handstands my dominant leg always lasted much longer (no big surprise) so I tried to make sure I was strengthening the other side too.

I alternate my legs, because I'm trying to learn to kick up with the back leg first, which makes it easier for the second leg to follow. But yeah, my Dominant leg lasts longer too :P 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 4 Day 3

Well, Life and Laundry somehow found me spending the night at my brother's house because his Dryer work :P However since I was crashing, and his rug makes a PERFECT place to work out in... I had a golden opportunity! ABW with Modifications:

• Handstand Practice
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Walking Lunges
  • Pylometric Pushups (15, 9, 6 with a 45 sec break)
  • Plank 35s
  • Broad Jumps (5'9", 5'11", 6'1")
  • Stretching

I couldn't do any pulling exercises, due to no real opportunities. but I did manage to target all of my fitness goals in 1 go! My HS kicking up is getting better, there was one moment where I was THIS close || to getting it down but I couldn't complete it. The PPU's are improving, and the Broad Jumps are getting better!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Nice to see the handstand kick ups coming along, and finding a way to work out no matter where you are :)

"Before I do anything I ask myself 'Would an idiot do that?' And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Kurt Schrute

Level 2 Cossack Assassin

STR: 2.5 DEX: 2.5 STA:CON:WIS:CHA: 5

YAY good job just getting a workout in no matter where you are!

Great to hear you're making progress :)

Spoiler

Nice to see the handstand kick ups coming along, and finding a way to work out no matter where you are :)

Ha ha ha, Yeah, I just couldn't let this opportunity pass by

YAY good job just getting a workout in no matter where you are!

Great to hear you're making progress :)

Thanks Kibcy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 4 Day 5

ABW with Modifications:

• Handstand Practice
  • 10 Pistol Squats
  • 20 Bodyweight Squats
  • 40 Standing Lunges
  • 10 Pull-ups
  • 15 Dips
  • 10 Chin-ups
  • Pylometric Pushups (15, 4, 5 with a 45 sec break)
  • Plank 35s
  • Stretching

Ha ha! I'm getting better and better at this! The first attempt, I went full kick-up into Freestanding HS and was able to hold it for a brief moment before getting too wobby to hold it. Heh, haven't been able to do it since then, though >.> I have NO idea what happened to the PPU's during the second set, I just couldn't get past 4, and just (or literally) fell to the floor. :P

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Waah I think it means you're progressing and getting closer to actually doing it! Congrats!! :)

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines