ceethegreat take 2

:-)

So apparently I'm in a musical mood as I state my goals for challenge numero dos!

SHORTY GET LOW LOW LOW LOW: calorie style
>> Stay within my Fitbit allotted daily calorie limit by making smarter food choices and tracking honestly, but taking the weekly average (yay spreadsheets!)
This allows for some flexibility but still staying in line with my goals. I linked LoseIt! to my fitbit to calculate the food, and fitbit makes the adjustment for the calories burned from walking (see goal 2) and tracks everything else for me.
--> CON 5         [0 or 1 weeks = 0pts, 2 weeks = 1pt, 3 weeks = 2pts, 4 weeks = 3pts, 5 weeks = 4pts, 6 weeks = 5pts]

ONE TWO STEP: fitbit style
>> 14,000+ steps daily average each week
To be accomplished by starting C25K and just plain moving more like walking during lunch and parking farther to reach that goal. This allows for more active days (like weekends when I have more time) and slower days. My current average is ~ 11k steps/day, so it's just about a 27% daily step increase
--> STA 5          [0 or 1 weeks = 0pts, 2 weeks = 1pt, 3 weeks = 2pts, 4 weeks = 3pts, 5 weeks = 4pts, 6 weeks = 5pts]

NOW FREEZE!: yoga style
>> hold full boat pose (without shaking haha) at least 90 seconds [i can currently hold a half boat for ~15 seconds before I start shaking]
>> hold full plank at least 90 seconds [depending on how tired I am, I can hold a plank on my elbows just about 30 seconds]
--> STR 4
I had a table w/ the points split out... will need to redo later

MOVE B*TCH, GET OUT THE [JOB]: lifestyle
>> apply to 2 new jobs a week -- obviously I'm on the job hunt. Fortunately I'm still employed while I look, but it's so easy to get caught up in life that I keep pushing off applying for jobs regularly. Like I've applied for 1 in the last 6 weeks, and only 5 since January... I'll never get out of this [happy]hole if I don't get step it up!
--> WIS 1

Thoughts? Suggestions? High fives and support? All welcome here!

4/15 -- edited goals in line with mini challenge 1 (hooray +1 WIS and fire flower)

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Thanks! I used to love my job... but the climate for the industry completely changed, and the majority of the people who were so freaking awesome left... it's time for me to make my move out of there, too! I hope a new industry will take a chance on me! 

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Wow okay hi Day 1 of Challenge 2. 

I've walked 14200 steps so far today, and omg challenge is the operative word. I walked during lunch and did day 1 C25k just to get past 11k earlier, lol. I may reconsider how I score this one... like take a weekly average instead of daily because some days are better than others, then average all the weekly averages. But I'll figure out the math later, I'm tired right now haha.

Also, yoga class today. Kicked my tail. I could NOT hold the half boat pose to save my life, lol. This is going to take HARD work to get there for boat in 6 weeks, but good to know. 

Foodwise, I am within my calories per fitbit. YAY! Like seriosuly, YAY... It's always my biggest problem, but starting strong! AND I actally measured portions so it's pretty accurate. So just to throw out what I ate cuz I ate GOOD (sic) today.... (also, I'm def not a paleo practicioner, be forewarned lol)

B: southwest ground beef fritatta (egg, meat, tomatoes, spinach, onion, cheese) in a low carb wrap

L: edamame and greek yogurt (weird combo, I know, but it's what was in my work fridge haha)

S: 2 rice cakes w/ PB

D: pasta carbonara - 2oz pasta, 2 slices bacon, 1/2C peas, 1/8 C diced onions and 1 small clove garlic, 1 egg and 4 tbsp parmesan and pepper. 

Yes I need more fruits and veggies. But food was tasty today!

So yep. Day 1 complete!

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Great job getting on it! That fritatta sounds awesome but my wife is a vegetarian, which kinda makes me a vegetarian.

Thanks! You can probably just take the meat out of it and add southwest seasoning to the egg for a veggie version. Or maybe throw in some black beans and/or corn :)

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Great goals, and I love the musical references, lol.

I would love to try yoga...some day.  No way could I do it right now.  I have done a class at the gym that is like a combo of yoga and pilates and it's not too terribly bad.

Fritatta sounds really good!

ncwingnut Level 1 Dark Elf. Warrior at heart, training with the AdventurersSTR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 5|CHA 1

Day 2 summary:

Shorty get low: ~400 calories over budget due to going out for dinner and the 4 different desserts people brought to work. Gotta be good the next few days (or exercise more) to even out for the week! 

One, Two Step: HOORAY ~15000 steps today. So far I've learned in the last 2 days: my half of the neighborhood is .4 miles around, the little gravel track around my work is .4 miles also. And... coworkers are starting to ask why I'm always pacing. It's usually "you know there's a bathroom over there..." but someone else asked about me "Is she nervous or angry or something?" Haha!

Now Freeze: worked on plank tonight... 2 sets of 30 seconds, then the 3rd set I only got to 23 seconds. First set was fine. Second, I start getting shaky at the 25 second, and you saw the 3rd set time, lol. And my lower back... well I need to lose the weight pulling me down haha. But not bad. Tomorrow i'll aim for longer time, or focus on boat. 

Move B Get out the [Job]: tweaking resume tonight... My friend is bringing copies of it to a career fair on Friday. (That won't count towards the #s I'm applying to myself though)

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Checking in for day 3. Not bad not bad!

Get Low: I STAYED WITHIN MY CALORIE GOAL!!!

One Two Step: Only got 13k steps in today... but since I got 15k in yesterday, I'm still sticking to my 14k/d average :-)

Now Freeze: didn't do any of this today

Life: No update today

I was just starting to read Marks Daily Apple about the primal blueprint. So far I've gleaned that long amounts of low/moderate activity = good. So really, my walking challenge would be in line with that right? I haven't gotten into the weeds at all, but it's looking like primal is pretty much just clean eating. I may have to read much much more about that :-)

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Hello day 4!

Food: coming in a bit under my goal zone, which will help average out Tuesday's going over, yay! Omelet for breakfast, chicken quesadilla with avocado for lunch, carbonara for dinner, and a bit of almond butter as a snack. If I get hungry, I have some roasted brussel sprouts in the fridge.

One Two Step:

Currently at 13874 steps, but I still need to run out to the grocery so no doubt I'm going to hit 14k steps today. After work I basically started walking on a local trail and kept going until I couldn't figure out if it was a loop or a straight trail, lol, so I turned around to go back home. My only issue is that the front of my foot kind of hurts after a while, so may need to have that looked at.

Now Freeze:

Plank, I think I'm selling myself short here, I may be able to do more than I think. But I did 2 rounds of 35 seconds and the 3rd time I made it to 25 seconds before giving out.

Boat, though... UGH. I'm starting with half boat just to build up the strength. I can BARELY get to 25 seconds. My core is weak in that position, but I also have a really hard time with my hip flexors too. I didn't think they were that tight, but maybe just weak :-(

Get out the job:

Well, still nothing applied for myself, but 30 resumes printed and set to go to a job fair by way of a very kind friend tomorrow. 

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Fantastic goals! Hope the job hunting goes well.

Thanks! It's hard because I want to completely change fields... And I was pretty niche in my field and I have a hard time trying to translate it to something non gubment related. 

Today, goal wise, was a.... well... not a good day lol. I spent the majority of my day at work on my ass in meetings or staring at my computer doing research or writing. I did at least get a 30 day shred work out in when I got home, but absolutely did not meet my daily steps goal I have Saturday and Sunday to average out the week, which is totally doable. 

Food. Not BAD, but not good. Over my daily goal by about 100 cal, so not SO bad (esp cuz my goal is to be at a 750/day deficit). And I at least ate more fruits and veggies than usual. 

No plank/boat work today. 

IT's raining like crazy and Happy Endings wasn't on because the news was covering Boston (hooray!)... Looks like my morning softball games will be rained out, so at least I get to sleep in. Been feeling kinda blue tonight, despite the great things that've happened and I get to sleep in. I kinda just want to sleep it off. 

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Whew, finished up week 1 of the challenge. How'd I do? Today was my rally day. The whole week has been just under par, and today I busted my tail to meet my goals. 

Shorty Get Low (cal): Thanks to my calorie adjustment from walking so much today, for the week, I came in 125 calories UNDER my allotted amount and this we're gonna gold star this one!

One Two Step: Again, I rocked the hell out of this one today. I KNEW I had to get at least 19000 steps today to make my 14k/day average for the week (friday I didn't do a whole lot, and had to make up for it today). I got up early and took a long walk. And then when I got back from a friend's party, I took another very long walk. And then I played some softball... bringing my total to over 22000 steps, well beyond what I needed to meet my goal! Gold star here, too!

Now Freeze: I'm not tracking this daily or weekly, but I have been working on it. So yup.

Job time: Nope, didn't apply. 2/week, but that's a total of 12 for the challenge. I'll just, ya know, average it out. 

I also earned my +1WIS for the mini challenge, so gonna call this week a win. 

Gotta keep going strong this coming week!

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

16700 steps so far and I just got home. Because I was crazy busy at both jobs today I didn't eat a whole lot... Fitbit says I can eat 700 more calories still and meet my daily goal. I ate 3 full, well rounded meals today don't get me wrong, just small ones and zero snacks. And right now I'm more tired than hungry at the moment so i'm just going to have some chai and milk to help me sleep. I have a feeling I'm going to be starving in the morning, lol. 

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

And on to week 3.

Week 2 was pretty decent - met my 14k/day goal again. I was OVER my daily calorie limit by the week by 185, so drat. I'm pretty sure the restaurant food I had had more calories than LoseIt says, so I'm going to go with that was a really low estimate. Also, while drinking all day at a baseball game is fun, drinking all day then a couple more going out that night and then again the next day for a wine festival... may be a bit much. That woulda easily saved me the calories, but really, I had a great weekend haha.

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

I can't believe it's already May!

This week is going average so far. Short on steps Monday, barely made my daily goal yesterday, will spend the rest of the week trying to make up for Mon. Food = bad. Corework = not bad, did lots of plank in yoga on Monday.

I'm realizing that week 3 is when the will power starts to fade, so it'll be good to keep checking in to stay accountable. Just need to keep reminding myself that every choice should support my big life goals, and one cheat now plus one cheat tomorrow plus a lot of cheats on weekens adds up.... gotta keep my tail in line.

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Well last week was a cruddy week. Work stress won out over getting healthy, blah, and I didn't reach any of my goals at all. Took a weekend trip to Chicago, too, that did nothing to help the cause.

Back today. On track today. Grocery tonight for food (my fridge is nearly empty). Gym (strength training) at lunch. Gym after work for the treadmill since it's raining outside.

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines