leighanne1941: A body in motion!

leighanne1941

Friday update

Strength: 

Push Press 5x5 @ 20# per dumbbell (huge improvement since my first attempt at push press I couldn't even do one rep at that weight)

Inverted Rows 3 x 6reps with my knees bent.  This is a tough one for me.  My muscles don't feel strained, I just can't do it anymore.  But this is up one rep per set.

Push Ups 13, 11, 11  I aim to increase this by at least one overall every time I do them. So far, so good

Side Plank R-50, L-55  This has gone up but I really struggle with finding a position that doesn't hurt my shoulder or ankle :(  I've been doing them on my elbow but plan on trying straight arm my next go round.  Does anyone have any tips?

Food

Breakfast: bacon and eggs

Snack: Coconut Larabar while running errands

Lunch: Salad with chicken 

Snack: hot dogs LOL  The girls had a sleepover tonight and we planned on going out for apps/dessert as a date night so we needed something quick and easy to hold us all over.  Not the best choice but it could have been worse.

Date night: Nachos and a blizzard.  Soooooooo good :)

Journalling:  Done and done!

Huge shopping score today that I just have to share with someone LOL.  A friend invited me to go to a big sale at a local home decor place.  I went along because I like to live vicariously through her home shopping :)  She has money that I don't!  But once there I found the office chair I've been pining over for years marked 50% off!  It never goes on sale at any of the traditional place.  And my office chair, that I sit in 8 hours a day, is about to bite the bullet.  I got it as a hand me down nearly 5 years ago and it was probably 5 years old then.  So now I have a pretty office chair :)  Sometimes the little things can just make my day.

Challenge 1    Challenge 2   Current Challenge

Random Treat Free Streak: 10 Days (start 05/28)

Shopping woot!!! What kind of chair? Spousal unit desperately needs a new one, so I'm looking for ideas.

Inverted rows are really hard. Just keep working them. Improvements will come but will come very slowly. Don't get frustrated. It takes a long time to improve.

Planks - that's a strength issue if you've got some pain. Keep working on elbows. No need to go with straight arms. The key is really to eggar core fully and really lift those hips up.

Date night sounds great!!!!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Shopping woot!!! What kind of chair? Spousal unit desperately needs a new one, so I'm looking for ideas. Inverted rows are really hard. Just keep working them. Improvements will come but will come very slowly. Don't get frustrated. It takes a long time to improve. Planks - that's a strength issue if you've got some pain. Keep working on elbows. No need to go with straight arms. The key is really to eggar core fully and really lift those hips up. Date night sounds great!!!!

The office chair is similar to this one

http://www.staples.com/Office-Star-OSP-Furniture-Mid-Back-Executive-Chair-White/product_125722

Planks - it actually feels like it's an issue in the shoulder joint?

I'm exhausted and it's past my bedtime but I had to come on and update on my amazing day!!  Today was my day to sleep in but the stupid cat woke me up at 6 am.  I laid in bed for a bit unable to get back to sleep and then decided to just get up and eat breakfast so I could get a run in while J was picking up the girls from their sleepover.  So glad I did since I'm not sure when I would have been able to get it done otherwise. 

I don't normally run well first thing in the morning so I decided to just go out and run what felt good without looking at my pace.  And I actually set a new PBPB (post baby personal best!)  36:09 for 5K .  I was beaming when I got home and J offered me some of the chocolate he got for me to share.  I declined :)  Both girls had birthday parties to attend this afternoon and I was going to spend 3 hours at the 3 year olds party.  I knew there would be cake and snacks so I had some granola after my lunch.  Managed to avoid cake and chips/dip.  Woot!!  Dinner was a bunless burger with sweet potato fries and tasted sooooooo amazing. 

It really was an awesome day (despite two overtired and overstimulated girls) and now I am off to write in the girls' journals before I crash hard.  Hope everyone had a great one :)

Best day!!!

Congrats!!! I think you are over some major hurdles!!!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Grats on the running progress. I know when I was recovering from surgery that whole "I know I've done this better why am I so behind" mentality really drove me crazy, so I'm glad to see you setting your post baby bests and flaunting them! <3

Thanks for the milk advice btw. I've been away from an actual computer for a while or I would have responded and checked in on you sooner. Keep kicking ass! You always inspire me to keep running!

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Best day!!! Congrats!!! I think you are over some major hurdles!!!

Seriously!!  I really feel like I'm back in the game :)

Congrats on the great day & the running progress! (Also, on the scale progress.)

Thanks!  And I"m sorry I haven't been around your thread in a bit, I'm really finding it hard to stay caught up this time around :(  

Grats on the running progress. I know when I was recovering from surgery that whole "I know I've done this better why am I so behind" mentality really drove me crazy, so I'm glad to see you setting your post baby bests and flaunting them! <3

Thanks for the milk advice btw. I've been away from an actual computer for a while or I would have responded and checked in on you sooner. Keep kicking ass! You always inspire me to keep running

Happy to give whatever tips I have!!  And thank you so much!  I consider you a monster inspiration so it's humbling to hear you say I inspire you!

Week 4 update

Strength: I never did get around to doing my strength workout yesterday :(  It was a long and tiring weekend and working out just didn't happen.

2/3

Cardio: 3 runs for the week and I'm really loving it.  I was talking to a running friend at work on Wednesday and we were discussing how our attitudes affect our runs.  Well, on Thursday I had a wicked headwind for the longest stretch of my run.  And I was mentally bitching and moaning when I remembered our conversation.  And realized the wind didn't suck, it just exists. My reaction to the wind sucked.  So I reframed the experience and thought about the fact that the wind was keeping me cool on a hot day, and building strength in my legs.  I also remembered what I used to tell myself on my long runs during marathon training.  I've made the decision to do this, so I might as well enjoy this.

And that got me thinking about the kids and parenting and the fact that it applies just as well to that (which Cline also pointed out :)  Thanks!)

Food: I was definitely not perfect this week but my attitude has changed completely.  And to be honest I didn't even track my cheats.  And I'm not sure where I stand on this goal.  And I'm not overly concerned about it for the moment.  My eating is back on track for the vast majority of my meals and snacks.  

Journalling: 6/7 for the week.  And I can't remember why I didn't journal on Tuesday ?

Awesome stuff! That's how to get back after it! Stay strong!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Yea!!!!

but I must admit, when I run, the wind sucks.  :playful: and my reaction to it sucks.  ha ha but at least I know that. 

So glad running brings you joy and clarity!!!! Awesome stuff

and I just noticed this winner in the smileys options so you can have it:  :pirate:

I AM going the distance

but I must admit, when I run, the wind sucks.  :playful: and my reaction to it sucks.  ha ha but at least I know that. 

The wind doesn't suck, it blows! BA-DA-BUMP! :chuncky:

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Awesome stuff! That's how to get back after it! Stay strong!

Thanks!

Yea!!!!

So glad running brings you joy and clarity!!!! Awesome stuff

and I just noticed this winner in the smileys options so you can have it:  :pirate:

YAY for pirates!  There is a semi local run that is pirate themed.  Some year I will run it  :pirate:

The wind doesn't suck, it blows! BA-DA-BUMP! :chuncky:

Bahahahahahahahaha!

Monday update

Ran today.  I have no idea what my time or pace was since my Garmin died  1/4 of the way through ::shrugs::  It was a good run and I got to practice my attitude readjustment through some wicked headwinds on my 2nd km.

Food:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs (no bacon defrosted  :neglected:  )

Snack: apple with almond butter

Lunch: Chicken with pasta salad (leftover from Mother's Day dinner)

Snack: Granola with coconut milk

Dinner: Sausage and zuchinni

Snack: Orange

I've decided I'm going to see if I can drop another 3-5 pounds before the end of the challenge.  I think it's ambitious but not stupid as long as I stay on track foodwise.  After reading Steve's Jedi article I'm asking myself if it's worth potentially not meeting that goal by eating something off plan.  Mother's Day cake with my girls last night: totally worth it.  I love store made cake and the girls were super excited.  Random chocolate at the drugstore today just because it's there and looks good: absolutely NOT worth it!

Journalling: Will do before bed.

Too bad about the sucky wind again but super props for just running just because...wo the garmin. That's a run that matters.

And yeah, choose the cheats wisely. That's how it's done for the long haul.

I AM going the distance

Thanks!  And I"m sorry I haven't been around your thread in a bit, I'm really finding it hard to stay caught up this time around :(

No need for apologies.  I too know what it islike to be busy.  Heck, my thread is only a few pages long because of the busy-ness.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Too bad about the sucky wind again but super props for just running just because...wo the garmin. That's a run that matters. And yeah, choose the cheats wisely. That's how it's done for the long haul.

Thanks!

No need for apologies.  I too know what it islike to be busy.  Heck, my thread is only a few pages long because of the busy-ness.

A couple pages I can manage, I will do my best to get there tonight!

I DID NOT want to run today.  I spent 10 minutes convincing myself of all the reasons I should not run today.  It was windy AGAIN.  It was rainy and cold.  My friend's boys are coming over after school and I have to work tonight.  I have people coming over tomorrow and the house is a mess.  Two custom quilt orders with deadlines looming.

So then I started trying to figure out when I could make it up.  And there is no other time I could work this run back into my schedule.  I was ok with missing it for today but not for the week.  So I put on my running tights, long sleeve shirt and shell (overkill! I was sweating).  I left my watch at home and just set two goals for myself.  Run a little farther before taking my walk breaks and run a little farther overall.  Both goals met, wonderful run.  I have no idea my pace but I ran 3 driveways farther than my Monday run.

Food

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs

Lunch: chocochili with cheese

Snack: granola with coconut milk

Dinner: salad coming to work with me

And look at your food!!!!  and no stress rant!!!!

You love running!!!  Running loves you back.

Suggestion - keep running without your garmin.  It makes you happy.

You go girl!

I AM going the distance

I DID NOT want to run today.  I spent 10 minutes convincing myself of all the reasons I should not run today.  It was windy AGAIN.  It was rainy and cold.  My friend's boys are coming over after school and I have to work tonight.  I have people coming over tomorrow and the house is a mess.  Two custom quilt orders with deadlines looming.

So then I started trying to figure out when I could make it up.  And there is no other time I could work this run back into my schedule.  I was ok with missing it for today but not for the week.  So I put on my running tights, long sleeve shirt and shell (overkill! I was sweating).  I left my watch at home and just set two goals for myself.  Run a little farther before taking my walk breaks and run a little farther overall.  Both goals met, wonderful run.  I have no idea my pace but I ran 3 driveways farther than my Monday run.

Food

Excellent job getting things done! Way to not talk yourself out of your workout. Awesome job! :applause: 

Hmmm, not a bad idea.

And look at your food!!!!  and no stress rant!!!!

You love running!!!  Running loves you back.

You go girl!

Excellent job getting things done! Way to not talk yourself out of your workout. Awesome job! :applause: 

Hmmm, not a bad idea.

Thanks!  My plan right now is to do my two short runs Garmin-less but use it on my long runs to make sure I am getting enough walk breaks :)  Plus I really also enjoy seeing my pace improvements!

I like your plan!!! I think you'll be happy

I AM going the distance

Food

Sometimes it's whie I'm making the excuses that I realize how RIDICULOUS I'm being :) So good for you for getting out there and making it happen! I've totally been there.

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Food

Looks like you're still going strong! Keep up the awesome :)

Are you ready for a strong finish in week 6?

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

I like your plan!!! I think you'll be happy

Moi aussi!

Sometimes it's whie I'm making the excuses that I realize how RIDICULOUS I'm being :) So good for you for getting out there and making it happen! I've totally been there.

I think we've all been there :)

Looks like you're still going strong! Keep up the awesome :)

Are you ready for a strong finish in week 6?

Thanks!  I'm so totally ready.

Today was bad guys.  Something switched and I ate all the food :(  Candy, chips and cookies :( :(  And now I feel embarrassed to come here and tell you.  And I feel bloated which makes me not want to work out (but I am going to right now).  And I'm angry.  Because why can't I stop fucking doing this!  It's just so stupid.  The only hope I cling to is that each time I wallow for less time than before.  And I don't want to give up.  I refuse to give up.  It has to stick eventually right?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines