Cameron's Honeymoon Scramble

Cameron

Thanks for info guys! I might split some of the stuff up, just so it's in more manageable chunks. Mostly the jumps squats, but I effing hate them and they ruin the rest of my workout.

Yesterday's workout was all over the place. Definitely wasn't a full workout, but I was all over the place with time, reps, etc. Basically, I didn't have any structure because I didn't have the energy to do it all at once. So I just did some pullups, chinups, and HSPUs when I got home from work, and then did some more later before bed.

That said, I do feel like I'm getting really good at handstand pushups. I can reliably crank out 5+ at a time, and could probably do at least 15 in a single hour long workout. I feel like I've progressed like crazy with those, even if the others have been a little slower.

Although, I've actually improved with pullups and chinups too. Instead of going all the way down, I stop at like 90% extension, and go immediately back up. So I never let up tension. That also lets me knock them out more quickly, so I can use bursts of energy to get through 5-8 at a time.

I haven't bothered to take any real progress pictures, mostly because I'm lazy and there isn't a lot to see right now. But I have been taking a single daily shot for the purposes of tracking the RFL. Hopefully next week I'll throw together a .gif of those.

Level 3 Assassin

STR: 7 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 3

Making a gif is going to be awesome.

Hows your weight going with it?

Yeah, I thought it seemed like a good method too. I've tried to be consistent with angle and framing, so it shouldn't be too jumpy.

Weight is going fine. I've lost 4.8lbs so far, but I'd really like to reach 7lbs by Friday (because I'm sure some of it is normal fluctuations and water weight). It dropped really quickly in the beginning, and then slowed after the first few days.

Level 3 Assassin

Yeah, I thought it seemed like a good method too. I've tried to be consistent with angle and framing, so it shouldn't be too jumpy.

Weight is going fine. I've lost 4.8lbs so far, but I'd really like to reach 7lbs by Friday (because I'm sure some of it is normal fluctuations and water weight). It dropped really quickly in the beginning, and then slowed after the first few days.

That's still pretty darn good though. Especially since there is a really good chance that upping your calories is going to trigger a whoosh.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

That's still pretty darn good though. Especially since there is a really good chance that upping your calories is going to trigger a whoosh.

I hope so! Although another factor is that I've stopped taking NO-Xplode (which has creatine in it). However, I'm about to just start taking plain creatine after this diet. So there are two possibilities:

1. Some of my weight loss has been from stopping taking NO-xplode.

2. When I start taking creatine again, I'll have more muscle mass than I did before.

The thing is, I was only taking 1 serving of NO-xplode 3 times a week, and it has a relatively low dose of creatine. So I'm not sure if it was really doing a whole lot for me.

Level 3 Assassin

Would love to see that gif! You feeling a bit better yet?

Thanks for asking! Hard to say, my moods and stress levels are all over the place. I have a lot of things going on right now, but I can't really do anything about them, so I end up sitting at my desk all day just stressing about things. Then of course the low calories/carbs make my energy levels kind of wacky (I'll get some energy after eating, but it drops off pretty quickly).

Anywho, I'm okay, but definitely looking forward to the end of this mini-diet, and solving these problems I'm trying to figure out!

Level 3 Assassin

I did one for myself last month before I joined the Rebellion. As long as you're able to line up your eyes in each picture, you should be good. I had to re-size some of them so they'd be all uniform, but once you've got it down it really helps to illustrate how far you've come!

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

I did one for myself last month before I joined the Rebellion. As long as you're able to line up your eyes in each picture, you should be good. I had to re-size some of them so they'd be all uniform, but once you've got it down it really helps to illustrate how far you've come!

Well I made the dumb mistake of not putting my eyes in the picture! I have tendency to make dumb faces, so I figured it'd be best to cut out the fact altogether... I'll have to find something else to align.

Level 3 Assassin

So, I'm ashamed to admit I completely screwed up my diet yesterday.  :orange:

My fiancee early this morning to go on a cruise for her bachelorette party with some friends, so they were all over last night. So I had a couple beers with everyone, and a piece of cheesecake, and a couple pieces of chocolate... I think I ended up at like 1700 calories (I was supposed to be at 1000).

Anyway, not the end of the world, but I'm a little mad at myself. If it's just me I have pretty good self control, but in social situations my will power isn't as strong.

Plus, tonight I'm gonna be all alone in a big empty house, which is always a recipe for disaster as well. :(

Level 3 Assassin

Nopenope, you're not allowed to give up! One night is not going to derail you! Plan out in advance what you're going to eat tonight - make it something that you really like, but is within your diet plan. And then be a robot - there's no option of anything else, you're going to eat what you planned, and that's it. You can do it!

Level 13 Elven Assassin
Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Current
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Plan out in advance what you're going to eat tonight - make it something that you really like, but is within your diet plan.

Well, that's kind of the problem. There isn't much I actually like that fits with my plan. But that's okay, I'll figure something out.

Thanks for the support! I'll make sure to update tomorrow with whatever I do.

For the record, my weight stayed the same between yesterday and today (153.8).

Level 3 Assassin

Well I made the dumb mistake of not putting my eyes in the picture! I have tendency to make dumb faces, so I figured it'd be best to cut out the fact altogether... I'll have to find something else to align.

I use nipples and belly button. :)

Stay strong, bro.  You can do it.  Not much longer and the diet is done.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

So, sorry to disappoint everyone, but I didn't keep up with the diet yesterday either. Zaxbys and beer were tempting me and in my weakened emotional state, I was unable to fend off their advances. And today the RFL was supposed to end anyway. So basically the diet ended Wednesday I guess, at 153.8lbs (starting weight was 158.6, for total loss of 4.8lbs).

Not a big deal though, I'm not upset about it. I tend not to dwell much on the past (I'm more of a future-oriented person).

Anywho, I was going through the daily pictures, and don't see very many differences. I might still try to make a .gif this weekend, but I'm not sure if there will be much to see.

Going forward:

One week until my bachelor party, where I'll be spending the weekend in Panama City Beach. I think it's time to pump up on some creatine again, and so I'm getting some plain creatine today. I haven't decided for sure what my diet is going to be for the next week. I want enough calories to do some hard workouts and hopefully get my muscles woken back up. But, I don't want to put on any fat between now and then. I'm thinking I might do around 2200 calories (which would be very slightly below maintenance I think). 

Level 3 Assassin

Long weekend of looooots of drinking. My best friend was over the whole weekend (his wife was on the bachelorette cruise with my fiancee), and so it was a ton of beer and not enough sleep.

I'm leaving Thursday to go to the beach for my bachelor party, so I'm planning on getting in a full workout today, a run tomorrow, and another full workout Wednesday.

Level 3 Assassin

Sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying yourself.  Awesome.

Yup! Not the healthiest weekend, but definitely fun.

Last night's workout was pretty solid. I feel like I'm almost back where I was right before the RFL thing. Of course, I've also gained back pretty much all the weight it seems (156.8lbs this morning). There are a ton of possible reasons for this: getting back on creatine, all the beer/food this weekend, simple water weight, etc.

I'm not really sure what it is, but I'm getting pretty tired of trying to make sense of every little detail. So, I'm just going to keep working out and trying to eat well and see what happens.

Level 3 Assassin

Maybe don't look at the weight but look at the body composition instead? Did you take any pictures? They should be able to tell you what's going on :)

Otherwise, workout out and eating well sounds like a great plan.

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Maybe don't look at the weight but look at the body composition instead? Did you take any pictures? They should be able to tell you what's going on :)

Otherwise, workout out and eating well sounds like a great plan.

I did take pictures, yes. But I can't really see much of a difference. But I'll take another picture in the morning and you guys can help me compare it with one of the pictures from the beginning of the RFL thing. Maybe one of you will notice something I don't.

Oh, and for anyone who was following the stuff about my dog before: bad news. She's back in the hospital because the bandage on her foot has caused a very bad/deep ulcer. So they're keeping her until this weekend at least. And she can't walk right without the bandage, so I'm not sure what we're going to have to do when we get her back. But that's all very frustrating. :(

Level 3 Assassin

Oh, and for anyone who was following the stuff about my dog before: bad news. She's back in the hospital because the bandage on her foot has caused a very bad/deep ulcer. So they're keeping her until this weekend at least. And she can't walk right without the bandage, so I'm not sure what we're going to have to do when we get her back. But that's all very frustrating. :(

Sorry to hear this.  I'd be going mad with disheartened concern.  Hope things get better with her soon.

You gotta experiment to find out what works for you.
PM me with any questions about, well, anything! :)
Current challenge: Catspaw Starts Strong

Sorry to hear this.  I'd be going mad with disheartened concern.  Hope things get better with her soon.

Thanks. It's been about 2 and half months of recovery so far, and it's frustrating because she doesn't seem much better than she was after a month. But hopefully they vets will figure something out while they have her this week.

To get back on topic: weight this morning was 156.6 and BF% was 14.22%. So, pretty dang close to what it was before the RFL. Which leads me to believe the RFL didn't really accomplish anything. Also, I'm a bit confused about how I've managed to gain weight each day this week, even while eating well below maintenance. My guess is my body is trying to "spring back" to what it considers my "normal" weight. Anywho, conclusion: RFL wasn't worth it. Longer and slower cutting is probably smarter.

I should point out, however, that it seems to have worked better for my friend. He lost about 8lbs, and I think has kept it there. But he's also a tall and thin type, so that might be more inline with his body's "natural state."

Oh, and I took another photo this morning, so I'll post a before/after later after work.

Level 3 Assassin

Thanks. It's been about 2 and half months of recovery so far, and it's frustrating because she doesn't seem much better than she was after a month. But hopefully they vets will figure something out while they have her this week.

To get back on topic: weight this morning was 156.6 and BF% was 14.22%. So, pretty dang close to what it was before the RFL. Which leads me to believe the RFL didn't really accomplish anything. Also, I'm a bit confused about how I've managed to gain weight each day this week, even while eating well below maintenance. My guess is my body is trying to "spring back" to what it considers my "normal" weight. Anywho, conclusion: RFL wasn't worth it. Longer and slower cutting is probably smarter.

I should point out, however, that it seems to have worked better for my friend. He lost about 8lbs, and I think has kept it there. But he's also a tall and thin type, so that might be more inline with his body's "natural state."

Oh, and I took another photo this morning, so I'll post a before/after later after work.

Sorry to hear about your pup.  I can relate (a bit)!  We had our follow-up for our dog on Monday.  She's healing albeit slower than expected.  Another 4 weeks in a sling and "doggy jail" (we've created a 6' x 6' pen where she spends all of her time.  Lame sauce.  I'll keep yours in my happy healing doggy thoughts.

As for the unexplained weight gain... I've noticed a simliar trend when I eat too far below maintenance.  I'll get a nice initial weight loss the first week and then my weight will jump the second.  Each time this has happened, I've increased calories a tad on the third week and my weight has dropped again.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Sorry to hear about your pup.  I can relate (a bit)!  We had our follow-up for our dog on Monday.  She's healing albeit slower than expected.  Another 4 weeks in a sling and "doggy jail" (we've created a 6' x 6' pen where she spends all of her time.  Lame sauce.  I'll keep yours in my happy healing doggy thoughts.

Yup, we've had to do a similar thing. Really sucks doesn't it? We were able to stop using the sling a couple weeks ago, because we started bandaging her foot in such a way that it would let her walk on it (instead of knuckling). But apparently that bandaging technique is what caused her to get the ulcer/sore thing. My fiancee said you could see tendons in the wound when they checked it at the vet. :( So hopefully when my fiancee picks her up this weekend, they'll have a better technique for it.

What is causing yours to heal slower? Did something go wrong, or is it just taking it's time to heal?

As for the unexplained weight gain... I've noticed a simliar trend when I eat too far below maintenance.  I'll get a nice initial weight loss the first week and then my weight will jump the second.  Each time this has happened, I've increased calories a tad on the third week and my weight has dropped again.

Yeah, I was back down to 156.6 this morning, and that was after a full workout yesterday. So who knows what's going on. But I'm heading down to the beach later today, so I'm certainly not going to be thinking about it! :D

Level 3 Assassin

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines