• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Greetings! Project EMP looks pretty cool!

Be on the alert... the Druid guild is doing a tour of the other NF guilds. For the next few days we are visiting the Assassin's Guild. So if you happen to come across a Druid sneaking around don't be surprised! Should you have and questions regarding the Druids feel free to drop by our guild and ask them... we would be happy to answer them!

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/27575-mini-challenge-around-nf-in-40-days-agile-like-a-monk/?p=516884

Have a great week!

Druids thinking they can "sneak" around Assassins. How cute.

I'd be impressed if you actually spotted a Druid sneaking around. ;)

The week is over... and I expect a few more entries to be logged. But it looks like we all just headed out to go play at playgrounds for this week! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtfIzBt5Gx5KdEE2TkNfMXpIeDVkRHpNUklKY2xfZmc#gid=0

Thank you and hope you all finish this challenge strong!

Bought the F1 program  from GMB yesterday! First question: their video of the crow hold says to keep your butt down. You can see from my avatar I do not. I tried several times to adjust, but it seems like a always angle it right than straight like the guy in the video. Any tips?

Double posting this in to Bodyweight Challenge to get the most chances for tips.

^^^ Did he give a reason for keeping your butt down?  I can do the crow both with my butt up and with it down, but it doesn't seem to change the pose much.  The only difference I see is that my knees are a bit past my elbows and flaring out when I keep my butt down (so my legs are almost in a cobbler or butterfly position), while my knees are closer together and my legs are much more parallel when my butt is up. 

Bought the F1 program from GMB yesterday! First question: their video of the crow hold says to keep your butt down. You can see from my avatar I do not. I tried several times to adjust, but it seems like a always angle it right than straight like the guy in the video. Any tips?

Double posting this in to Bodyweight Challenge to get the most chances for tips.

You might just want to write him and ask. Mike Fitch does the pose with his butt higher, and it looks like that makes it easier to play with various transitions.

If you bend your elbows less, does your rear stay in the air?  It would be harder to balance that way, so I'd think the straighter your arms, the lower your bum, because you're that much closer to something like Pendant pose, no?

As an aside, I'm totally curious about that program - how does it look so far?  What's included?  Does it look fun?  How much material do you actually get?

You might just want to write him and ask. Mike Fitch does the pose with his butt higher, and it looks like that makes it easier to play with various transitions.

I did write to GMB.The nice thing was they already responded. The down side is I didn't find the answer helpful. Basically just keep practicing. But every time I try my butt just kind of automatically pops up in the air :hopelessness: and I am struggling

If you bend your elbows less, does your rear stay in the air?  It would be harder to balance that way, so I'd think the straighter your arms, the lower your bum, because you're that much closer to something like Pendant pose, no?

As an aside, I'm totally curious about that program - how does it look so far?  What's included?  Does it look fun?  How much material do you actually get?

I will try that. Yes , it looks fun so fat. It has tons of stuff, videos for every move. Work charts. A manual. And they answer questions via email promptly. I'm excited, but a bit nervous that I am in over my head. Today I was playing around with the crow pose, which I thought I knew how to do, but my form is wrong. And like I told Lex, they promptly answered my question, but I don't get it. Maybe the program is for people further advanced than I am

^^^ Did he give a reason for keeping your butt down?  I can do the crow both with my butt up and with it down, but it doesn't seem to change the pose much.  The only difference I see is that my knees are a bit past my elbows and flaring out when I keep my butt down (so my legs are almost in a cobbler or butterfly position), while my knees are closer together and my legs are much more parallel when my butt is up. 

I will try that.thanks

I did write to GMB.The nice thing was they already responded. The down side is I didn't find the answer helpful. Basically just keep practicing. But every time I try my butt just kind of automatically pops up in the air :hopelessness: and I am struggling

I will try that. Yes , it looks fun so fat. It has tons of stuff, videos for every move. Work charts. A manual. And they answer questions via email promptly. I'm excited, but a bit nervous that I am in over my head. Today I was playing around with the crow pose, which I thought I knew how to do, but my form is wrong. And like I told Lex, they promptly answered my question, but I don't get it. Maybe the program is for people further advanced than I am

I will try that.thanks

Are you resting your knees on top of your arms, or pinning them to the side? Also, it looks like you bend your arms to 90, but mine are a bit straighter when I'm working on keeping my hips lower.

Bought the F1 program  from GMB yesterday! First question: their video of the crow hold says to keep your butt down. You can see from my avatar I do not. I tried several times to adjust, but it seems like a always angle it right than straight like the guy in the video. Any tips?

What does F1 and GMB stand for? I am lost and want to be enlightened!!! 

What does F1 and GMB stand for? I am lost and want to be enlightened!!! 

Floor One (as opposed to parallettes or rings) and Gold Medal Bodies

Are you resting your knees on top of your arms, or pinning them to the side? Also, it looks like you bend your arms to 90, but mine are a bit straighter when I'm working on keeping my hips lower.

knees resting on top of my arms. Are they supposed to be that way or pinned to the side

knees resting on top of my arms. Are they supposed to be that way or pinned to the side

If you look at Balance 2-CrowCraneHold, they demonstrate it from a front view around 00:30. You can see that the knee isn't directly on the arms. The inside of the leg, near the knee, is what touches your arms.

If you look at Balance 2-CrowCraneHold, they demonstrate it from a front view around 00:30. You can see that the knee isn't directly on the arms. The inside of the leg, near the knee, is what touches your arms.

Thanks

Maybe the program is for people further advanced than I am

Yeah they respond promptly, but it isn't always the best response. Just keep communicating with them!

This has been my thought and I can't even do a crow pose as you can :tongue:

However I addressed this issue with them and they definitely said to adjust the program to your level.

For example I also can't do a handstand, so they suggested following their (free) handstand tutorial instead.

As well as a suggestion on how to adjust my reps/sets to make the program doable for me.

Question! (and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for it). Can anyone join in and be an assassin? I've recently started to get interested in rock climbing, and this seems like the class most suited to a challenge focusing on that. I'm not very strong and I don't have amazing balance either, so I'm pretty awful at it. I'm interested in parkour but I'm like massively intimidated by the likelihood of injuries and I've never been able to do gymnastics. At the moment, just getting running again after a long-term knee injury is going to be a challenge for me. Is it alright to start out like that? I've been exercising for ages now, and I've no interest in weight loss, so I'm not sure I belong in the Adventurers class.

Of course! Lots of us (me included) are doing some bouldering or climbing regularly. And to be an assassin you don't have to do anything but declaring yourself you are one :D 

We are happy to have you with us! I made a thread if you need some help for your next challenge goals:

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/28945-preparing-for-next-challenge-your-goals/

If you already know what your 4 goals will be, you can just post them, that may inspire some of us :)

#1: three little pigs: +1 STR

#2: The little teenage mermaid: +1 DEX

#3: The frog prince: 1 STR or +1 STA or +1 DEX 

If you do 200+ squats, jumps exercise during the week, you'll earn +1STA

If you do 100+ push-ups exercises during the week, you'll earn +1STR

If you accumulate 15 minutes of stretches or inverted frog position you will earn +1 DEX

If you did all three, you get to pick one.

#4 Pinocchio: +1 WIS

#5: Rapunzel: +1 STR

#6: Hansel and gretel: +1 CON

#1: three little pigs: +1 STR

#2: The little teenage mermaid: +1 DEX

#3: The frog prince: 1 STR or +1 STA or +1 DEX 

If you do 200+ squats, jumps exercise during the week, you'll earn +1STA

If you do 100+ push-ups exercises during the week, you'll earn +1STR

If you accumulate 15 minutes of stretches or inverted frog position you will earn +1 DEX

If you did all three, you get to pick one.

#4 Pinocchio: +1 WIS

#5: Rapunzel: +1 STR

#6: Hansel and gretel: +1 CON

Thanks

Greetings! Project EMP looks pretty cool!

Be on the alert... the Druid guild is doing a tour of the other NF guilds. For the next few days we are visiting the Assassin's Guild. So if you happen to come across a Druid sneaking around don't be surprised! Should you have and questions regarding the Druids feel free to drop by our guild and ask them... we would be happy to answer them!

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/27575-mini-challenge-around-nf-in-40-days-agile-like-a-monk/?p=516884

Have a great week!

Druids thinking they can "sneak" around Assassins. How cute.

Maybe us assassins should collect some intel on our targe... I MEAN competition.