• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

empeg9000

empeg9000 Challenge - Enter the Paralettes

Awesome workouts! Seems like there oughta be some way to make little parralettes for your office-that would be so amazing.

Thanks! Yes that would be awesome. I suppose I could do that. 

You could use two chairs for the tuck holds. Not so much for the flow skills, but the chairs would be stable enough for the holds.

Actually I tried doing them on the extra chair that is in my office. It has two arms on it so I just lift myself off the seat and get at it. I get get the legs bent out about 45 degrees maybe but my lats don't hold out long. I have been GTG all day. I've done maybe 10 or so .

I haven't been on in a few days. I was away at woodworking school. I was traveling back and forth daily but it was all day and then I had things to do around the house not to mention spend some time with the wife so Rebels had to suffer!

Monday Noontime Workout:

1 minute rest between sets.

• Warm-Up Routine
• Plank Side to Sides 4X12, 1X10 - I was totally gassed out on that last set. I don't normally like to run out of gas like that because I am afraid it might affect the other work. It did not seem too.
• Assisted Shoulder Stand Raises -  5X12 - These are getting easier finally.
• Jump Throughs - 5X12 
• Assisted Inverted Presses - 5X10 - These felt slightly easier today. They are still hard though.
• Swing Sets - 5X15 - I upped these today.
• Cool-Down Flow

I would put my RPE at about an 8 and my RPT at 7.
Today I took video of myself doing the first set of every exercise to compare it against the GMB videos. I am actually doing everything exactly like I should be which really surprised me. I thougth I was doing terrible on the assisted shoulder stand raises and teh assisted Inverted Presses. It didn't feel like I was getting my hips much above my head like I am supposed to but I was doing them pretty well. On the jump through I could probably tuck my lugs up a little higher. I will concentrate on that next time. I feel a lot more confident about it now. I have to say I really like this workout and I always look forward to the next workout.

1 Get Proper Nutrition

• Eat 1900-2000 calories per day. Get 170-190g of protein and 100-150g of carbs. Let fat come from mostly meats eaten throughout the day.
Well my diet pretty much sucked. Too much eating out at bars to watch hockey, too many beer and alcohol in general, birthday celebrations, and going to my friends after woodworking school for Cinco De Mayo celebrations.

I averaged 144g protein, 77g of fat, and 173g of carbs. A lot of those carbs were not good carbs either! A good amount of refined foods found my diet last week.

2 Track
Really track my weight to get weekly averages.
Take measurements, photos. Track avg weight and other matrices in a spreadsheet.

Done. I averaged my weight every week so far. I did not do measurements but on purpose except for the stomach spot check. 

3  Workout 3x -5X a week

Done. I did my 3 required workouts for GMB.

Lose 1" from my waist

My average weight for the week was 191.5 which is creeping up. My stomach is getting smaller though so I guess I shouldn't really worry, I am down .75". I feel like my love handle area looks like it's getting bigger but my wife disagrees and she said my stomach is looking noticeably leaner. It's just really weird looking right now. I still have my crazy loose stomach skin but on the top portion I am starting to get a visible 4 pack. My wife said anytime I am bending over or picking something up she can seem my stomach muscles. I guess that's good.

5 Shoulder ROM & Mobility work 7x a week

I did it 5 of the 7 days last week. I missed Saturday and Sunday because I was so busy going to woodworking school.

Goal 6:

Find time to train for the Tour De Cure 50 I will be riding June 2nd.

I did ride twice last week so that's good. At this point my fitness is good enough that I am pretty confident I could do the ride right now if I had to. I would suffer a little but I could do it. I plan on riding 3 times this week and doing a very hilly 30 mile ride on Saturday. 

As long as that waist stays the same or drops, don't worry about the weight!

Also, don't worry about the diet last week.  Sounds like you had fun, your training was spot on, and your waistline didn't suffer.  Let's call it a refeed and move on! ;)

As long as that waist stays the same or drops, don't worry about the weight!

Also, don't worry about the diet last week.  Sounds like you had fun, your training was spot on, and your waistline didn't suffer.  Let's call it a refeed and move on! ;)

Thanks Wolverine!

Sounds like you are doing great. 

Thanks Vector. I am trying.

Tuesday morning:

I did the GMB Warmup Routine.

The Ido Portal Shoulder ROM and mobility

GMB Cooldown routine and yoga movements

I am hoping to get out for a ride on the bike tonight. It's supposed to be rainy for the next 4 or 5 days. 

Wednesday morning workout. 

Warm up routine

60 seconds rest between sets.

Plank Push Ups - 5X20 - Cranked out the full 5X20 today!

Front Dips - 5X15 - I upped these to 15 today.

Plank Hold - 5X30 secs

Tuck Hold - 5X10 secs - I was trying hard to extend my legs. I just can hold my body level. I am trying really hard!

Mt. Climbers - 5X15

Cool down routine.

My rate of perceived technique (RPT) was 8  and my rate of perceived effort (RPE) 6. On the Tuck hold I would rate that as 6 for RPT and a 10 for RPE trying to get those legs out there. These are still holding me back right now. I will be doing GTG in my office today with one my my extra chairs. 

I did not get in a ride last night but I did a lot of gardening and I got the new sprinklers in for all the raised beds. I also buried all the water lines to it looks all nice and tidy! Mrs Empeg is very happy. 

Ooh, you have a fancy garden now! I'll be stocked next season when the majority of the garden will be at this house, in the land up running water, rather than at the cabin with the stock tanks collecting off the roof. I don't mind the carrying water, but using a hose will be more fun!

Ooh, you have a fancy garden now! I'll be stocked next season when the majority of the garden will be at this house, in the land up running water, rather than at the cabin with the stock tanks collecting off the roof. I don't mind the carrying water, but using a hose will be more fun!

HAHA! I guess some might say that. I am trying to make it look nice. Last couple years it looked kind of rag tag. Now I need to put some welded wire fencing around it to keep the deer out. I wanted to do a nice picket fence but it's so expensive. Not to mention not high enough. 

We gave up on playing with wire fencing,  our land just too uneven, we are sort of addicted to properties with NO flat paces on them at all, which makes it a bitch to fence. So we use a 6" deer fence from Kencove, with a strand or two of polywire to keep the rabbits from eating their way in. Though I am leaning towards making them a special garden with traps...rabbits are tasty!

Warm up routine

Plank Hold - 5X30 secs

Tuck Hold - 5X10 secs - I was trying hard to extend my legs. I just can hold my body level. I am trying really hard!

Mt. Climbers - 5X15

Cool down routine.

My rate of perceived technique (RPT) was 8  and my rate of perceived effort (RPE) 6. On the Tuck hold I would rate that as 6 for RPT and a 10 for RPE trying to get those legs out there. These are still holding me back right now. I will be doing GTG in my office today with one my my extra chairs. 

I did not get in a ride last night but I did a lot of gardening and I got the new sprinklers in for all the raised beds. I also buried all the water lines to it looks all nice and tidy! Mrs Empeg is very happy. 

I have always wanted sprinklers in our raised bed. We installed a cheap one that I bought that worked for about a week then broke.

Warm up routine

Plank Hold - 5X30 secs

Mt. Climbers - 5X15

Cool down routine.

Bonus points for a happy wife!

Thursday morning workout. 

Warm up routine

All exercises done as a circuit. 60 seconds rest between sets.

Pistol Squats 3X5

BW Squats 20X5

Forward Lunges 10X5 each leg

Side Lunges 10X5 each leg

Chinese Squats 10X5 each leg

Shoulder ROM/Mobility 

Cool down routine.

My weight seems to be in the 190 range this week. Interesting what not drinking and eating out several times a week will do for you. 

With L-sits holding your body straight is significantly more advanced than the easier variation where you round your back.

With a rounded back it should largely balance itself (like this: 4-). To straighten out (like this: L) you have to lean back and push away. Really to straighten out an L-sit you have to be good enough that it isn't really much of an ab exercise anymore. The easier variation becomes a lower traps isolation exercise, pushing away and straightening adds the lats and the triceps into the mix.

With L-sits holding your body straight is significantly more advanced than the easier variation where you round your back.

With a rounded back it should largely balance itself (like this: 4-). To straighten out (like this: L) you have to lean back and push away. Really to straighten out an L-sit you have to be good enough that it isn't really much of an ab exercise anymore. The easier variation becomes a lower traps isolation exercise, pushing away and straightening adds the lats and the triceps into the mix.

I have noticed that it really works your lats and traps. I also noticed that you do need to lean back. I guess I was thinking of it more and pushing my body forward but leaning back might work. 

I did not get my workout in this morning. Too tired to get up. I will have to workout tonight when I get home which will be weird for me. 

Friday Evening Workout:

Got up and was working out by 5:10am

1 minute rest between sets.

• Warm-Up Routine

• Plank Side to Sides 2X15, 1X12

• Assisted Shoulder Stand Raises - 3X12

• Jump Throughs - 3X12

• Assisted Inverted Presses - 3X12

• Swing Sets - 3X12

• Cool-Down Flow

My shoulder was really sore Friday for some reason. I almost bailed on the workout all together but I wanted to get a workout in. I have the weekend to rest up the shoulder.

Last night we went to a Man Men themed party with a car club we are in. It was a great time and I had lots of classic cocktails. Everyone was dressed in period clothing.

Today is our first wedding anniversary. Its also Mother's Day so Mom is coming later this am for brunch. We are going out to our Anniversary dinner tomorrow night at the place where we had our reception.

I am back at the workouts today. I haven't done much of anything except eat since Friday. Talk about going overboard with the celebrating! Sheesh! We had an awesome time milking out our anniversary celebrations.

Now that my shoulder is feeling better it was time to get back at it. I only did 3 sets of everything today.

Warm up routine

Plank Push Ups - 3X20

Front Dips - 3X15.

Plank Hold - 3X60 secs

Tuck Hold - 5X10 secs - I did a couple more of these. I was able to bend the legs out in front end then when I got tired I tucked them. The totals holds were like 10-15 seconds each.

Mt. Climbers - 3X15

Cool down routine.

My rate of perceived technique (RPT) was 8  and my rate of perceived effort (RPE) 6. On the Tuck hold I would rate that as 6 for RPT and a 10 for RPE trying to get those legs out there. 

Congrats on the anniversary, that sounds super sweet to have it at the place you had your reception. 

Thanks! We had a great time!

Congrats on the anniversary!  My wife and I are on the 13th!

Thank you sir and congrats to you as well!!

Now that you've had awhile to work with P1, how are you liking it?  Is it feeling like a workout?

I actually love it.It feels like a workout later or the next day, but when I am doing it, it's more like playing around. I have noticed (and my wife has commented) that my shoulders and abs are more noticeably defined now than before. So it must be building muscle. Finding a workout I can enjoy and make it feel less like work while still building muscle is a huge win as far as I am concerned. 

I actually love it.It feels like a workout later or the next day, but when I am doing it, it's more like playing around. I have noticed (and my wife has commented) that my shoulders and abs are more noticeably defined now than before. So it must be building muscle. Finding a workout I can enjoy and make it feel less like work while still building muscle is a huge win as far as I am concerned.

That's great, glad you a digging it.

The Land of the Lost

That's what I was last week, lost. I don't know what my problem was but I only worked out once. I haven't ridden in a couple weeks. It's been a variety of reasons from laziness, not getting enough rest, not making it a priority, whatever. I are just okay and I didn't hit any of my targets. I feel like this challenge is slipping away. I have two weeks to get it back on track.

Monday Lunch Time Workout

I have moved on to Phase 2 of the beginner workout:

60 seconds rest between sets. I finished all sets of an exercise before moving on:

• Warm-Up Routine
• Push Up One Arm Extension - 3X12 - I felt kind of unsteady at first but I quickly got the hang of it.
• Tuck Swing to Dip - 3X12 -This was harder than I thought it would be and I was puffing pretty hard by the time I finished and my form was falling off.
• Battle Rams V1 - These again where harder than I thought they would be, especially when pushing my head out far over my arms in the down position of the pushup. There are two variants, one when you go down in the push up and do all your batle rams. In Version 2 you do a battle ram for every push up instead of a bunch of battle rams with two push ups. I figured I would alternate.
• Tuck Hold 3X 5 secs - I am supposed to be doing an L-Sit here but I am just not there. Tying hard. 
• Mt. Climbers - 3X20
• Cool-Down Flow

I would put RPT at a 6 and RPE at about an 8. Hopefully this will be a better week for me all around.