• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

empeg9000

empeg9000 Challenge - Enter the Paralettes

We all have off weeks.  Your challenge is most definitely not slipping away.  You gave your body time to recharge and now you WILL finish strong.

I think you are right. I think I will buckle it down. I was just feeling a little off last week. 

I think you are right. I think I will buckle it down. I was just feeling a little off last week. 

Agreed, you nailed the other weeks, and this week you can finish strong

Tour De Cure Training

Distance:15.92 mi

Time:58:52

Avg Speed:16.2 mph

Elevation Gain:1,106 ft

Calories:695 C

Avg Temperature:60.7 °F

Avg HR:146 bpm

Max HR:166 bpm

Avg Bike Cadence:84 rpm

Max Bike Cadence:123 rpm

• GMB Warm-Up Routine

• GMB Cool-Down Flow

Grrrr!!! 

So this morning I get up to workout. Super sleepy from the crazy storms last night.

I bend down to get something from under the bed and some how my back all locks up. It feels like someone is stabbing me in the back between my shoulder blades.

So annoying when you do all this working out to make your body stronger and then this happens. Ugh.

I took some advil and I am making sure to sit up super straight in my office. I am hoping it loosens up by lunch so I can go home and get a workout in.

OUCH.  Take it easy!!!

Thanks. I was feeling a bit better at lunch so I went home to do Day 2 of the second level of P1.

• Warm-Up Routine
• Jump to Bent Arm Bent Leg Shoulder Stand - 10X3 - This was hard but not as hard as I thought it would be. A couple times I even caught myself and was able to hold for just a slight moment.
• One Leg Shoulder Stand Hold - 10X3
• Tuck Swing to L-sit - 5X3 with the hold for 3 seconds or so. I am not doing the L-Sit. I am trying hard. It's more of a bent leg or a tuck. I am hoping this catches up. I may have to go back to the previous phase until I can do the L-sit
• Assisted Inverted Presses - 10X3
• Dive Bombers Standard - 10X3
• Cool-Down Flow

This was a pretty tough workout. I was still pretty sore from Mondays workout. My back actually feels better after teh workout but it's tight. The kind of tight where you know if you move the wrong way or too quick it's going to lock up. I need to get a ride in tomorrow too so hopefully this doesn't affect that. 

Thursday AM;

Tried to get out this morning. I got down to the end of the drive and the skies opened up. I should have obeyed Rule #5 but being late for work for a gorgeous morning ride like on Tuesday and being late while getting pelted by rain and wind are different things...

• GMB Warm-Up Routine

• GMB Cool-Down Flow

Then there is this:

At 6-9 and 260 pounds, Chara is one of the most intimidating athletes in the sporting world. He is extremely durable, tough, and smart, and although he turns 36 soon, he should be able to play elite hockey well into his 40’s.

At the Bruins strength testing session, he did 31 consecutive wide grip pullups. Chara is known around the league as a workout fanatic. “He is the most driven person I have ever seen to be the best,†his agent, Matt Keator, says.

31 consecutive pull-ups is an impressive feat for any human being, but it is even more impressive considering how long Chara’s arms are and how much weight he has to pull up each time. Chara also focuses a lot of his attention on a clean diet:

Chara is known for his discipline, and especially when it comes to his nutritional habits. He like his meats lean (ideally, rabbit), his potato baked (without any salt, butter, or sour cream), and his veggies steamed (no dressing). He will rarely, if ever, have alcohol (when he does it’ only one glass of red wine, and will only put caffeine into his body once every three weeks with one cup of cappuccino.)

Chara is a fitness freak, and he has the time to train extensively thanks to his profession.

Chara puts in 6-7 hours of training a day, which consists of cardio, weight training, agility exercises, hockey techniques, speed skating drills, film work, and conditioning exercises. Even after games, Chara will work out for an extra hour or two, working until well beyond midnight and keeping his fiancee in the wives’ room waiting for him to finish. Former teammate Marian Hossa of the Ottawa Senators said this about Big Z to NHL.com, “When he arrived in Ottawa, it was work, work, work. No one worked harder than ‘Z.’

While the average Joe can’t train like Chara (nor should he ever need to), it is always inspiring to read stories about the dedication of pro athletes to their craft.

boston_chara_300.jpg

Fridays workout:

• Warm-Up Routine
• Push Up One Arm Extension - 12X3
• Tuck Swing to Dip - 10X3 -This was harder than I thought it would be and I was puffing pretty hard by the time I finished and my form was falling off.
• Battle Rams V2-  In Version 2 you do a battle ram for every push up instead of a bunch of battle rams with two push ups. I figured I would alternate.
• Tuck Hold 3X 5 secs 
• Mt. Climbers - 3X20
• Cool-Down Flow
The workouts this week have been me really sore. I was surprised. 

Saturday:

• GMB Warm-Up Routine

• GMB Cool-Down Flow

I would put RPT at a 6 and RPE at about an 8.

I am back from Vacation. I was anti-computer most of my vacation so I did not get back to this until today. 

Yesterday I completed my 50 Mile Tour De Cure. I raised $1305! That is the most I ever raised.

Some stats:

Distance:50.82 mi

Time:3:15:23

Avg Speed:15.3 mph

Elevation Gain:1,732 ft

Calories:1,423 C

Avg Temperature:79.2 °F

Onto my challenge Wrap Up:

Goals:

GOALS

1 Get Proper Nutrition

I eat healthy. I often don't eat enough and I don't get enough protein - Eat 1900-2000 calories per day. Get 170-190g of protein and 100-150g of carbs. Let fat come from mostly meats eaten throughout the day. Increasing my carbs is tough for me as I have lost so much weight by not eating them. I have finally decided that at my activity level the lack of carbs might be holding me back. This is where the average weight and weekly measurement tracking will come in. If I lose or gain weight I will know if it's the right kind.

I did okay on this one. I ended up averaging 1946 calories per day. I feel a little shy on Protien at 154g per day. On Carbs I came in at 148g per day. On the surface this seems pretty good but I know in going through my journal towards the end (the last week) and the week of my anniversary there was a lot of bad foods in there so the results are skewed a bit. Overall I rate myself a B-

2 Track
Really track my weight to get weekly averages.
Take measurements, photos. Track avg weight and other matrices in a spreadsheet.

I did do this and I stuck to it well but I slacked off the last week. I will do this again next challenge.B+

3  Workout 3x -5X a week

This is the Enter the Paralettes part of the challenge. I bought the P1 program from GMB and I will be working on getting through the first level during this challenge. I am very excited for this part of the challenge and seeing what proper nutrition and this program can do for me. I will do this workout M-W-F and do a legs workout on T-Th. 

I am loving this program and enjoying the workouts. It feels more like goofing around than a workout but the next day I know I did some work. A+

Lose 1" from my waist

The last challenge I managed to lose 2.25" from my waist. I know it's not going to be easy but I am up for it.

I lost 3/4 of an inch. So I was just shy but again my weigh is in the same range so I must have lost more fat. B-

5 Shoulder ROM & Mobility work 7x a week

This is a big one for me. I really need to start working on this. P1 recommends doing the warm up and cool down routines 7X a week. I will try and do this while also working in the Porto Ido shoulder ROM routine a few times a week. 

I didn't do so great on this. The first 4 weeks were pretty good but the last two I only did it on workout days and not at all on the weekends. C.

Goal 6:

Find time to train for the Tour De Cure 50 I will be riding June 2nd.

I didn't try as often as I would have liked, probably only 2X a week. However I completed it yesterday with lots of strength to spare. I rode with friends and I was waiting up for them most of the time especially after big climbs. I love that my fitness is high enough that I can just go out and ride 50-60 miles and not feel like I am going to collapse. I was pretty pooped last night and went to bed at 8pm.