The Less Challenge

maegs

The Less Challenge

After the MOAR Challenge I decided it was time for a Less Challenge. Less missed workouts, less missed sleep, less fat, and less stuff. The main reason for this was that I want to lose the last bit of fat I have hanging around after going from a size 12/14 to a size 6 in the last year, since I need to buy new summer clothes and swimsuits!

Stats

Class - Ranger | Race - Dwarf | Level - 7 | Height - 5'3" | Weight - 147lb
Waist - 30" | Belly - 34 1/2" | Hips - 38 3/8" | Thigh - 23"
STR - 16.25 | DEX - 20 | STA - 15.25 | CON - 29.25 | WIS - 17 | CHA - 19

Squat - 150lb | Bench Press - 90lb | Deadlift - 195lb | Press - 55lb | Clean - 95lb | Pull up - 30lb assist | Dip - 10lb assist

Last Challenge

Goal Tracking Spreadsheet

Goal 1: Less Missed Days!

tumblr_m9s4x2Y0HL1ro2d43.gif

• Run 3x per week - having rugby practice will definitely help meet this one! +3 STA
  • Lift 3x per week - this is where I fell down on the last challenge. Gonna make an effort to hit 100% this time around. +3 STR

Goal 2: Less Missed Sleep!
tumblr_mkz0n5ngQI1rg6yapo1_500.gif

• Minimum 8 hours per night. I need my sleep, and this is something I need to do. If I have to, I can sleep in the basement if I've had a late night so that noise/light won't wake me up. +3 CON

Goal 3: Less Fat!
tumblr_inline_mi3nifaioo1qz4rgp.gif

• This one is pretty self explanatory. I want to lose the last bit of fat hanging around on my belly/hips/thighs. According to MyFitnessPal I can eat 1350 calories a day and still lose a pound a week, I just have to figure out what I should be eating to go along with the how much. So step 1 will be learning what to do, step 2 will be doing it. Point will be awarded for eating the way I should and tracking it on MFP. +2 CHA +1 WIS

Goal 4: Less Stuff!
tumblr_inline_mkfw1rYjGa1qz4rgp.gif

• I want to continue decluttering my life. I have a bad habit of hanging onto things I don't need and don't use. This week I went through my closet, tried everything on, and got rid of a bunch of stuff. I have to do the same with my t-shirts and tanks in my dresser, and I want to just generally have less 'stuff' lying around. To make this measurable I'll commit to doing at least 45 minutes of work on my to-do list per day, or 5 1/4 hours per week. +1 CON +1 WIS +1 CHA

Nice American Beauty reference! I really like his tranformation in that movie. From an out of shape, miserable dude, to a strong fast confident man. Great story. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Hello Maegs :)

Looks like you once again picked some awesome goals! If you manage to stick to your goals, and I know you're capable of doing so, the fatloss will be easily visible. Just remember to take pictures! :)

In general I'd recommend going Paleo. It works really really well for me, it also eliminates the counting calories hassle. 

Good luck with your goals! I hope you have an awesome challenge :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Updated my first post with my weight/measurements from today and my main lifts from Saturday's and today's workouts.

Hello Maegs :)

Looks like you once again picked some awesome goals! If you manage to stick to your goals, and I know you're capable of doing so, the fatloss will be easily visible. Just remember to take pictures! :)

In general I'd recommend going Paleo. It works really really well for me, it also eliminates the counting calories hassle. 

Good luck with your goals! I hope you have an awesome challenge :)

I did mean to take pictures today, but I forgot until after I'd had a big lunch and had a bit of a food baby :P I'll take them tomorrow morning - I always weigh/measure/take pictures first thing in the morning for consistency. I've been eating Paleo-ish, but I've been a bit slack lately, and I find that I tend to eat a lot of meat, yogurt, and fruit, and not enough veggies, which makes it easy to eat more calories than I think I do (and I gain weight really easily). I'm not planning on being super strict about calories but using it to make sure I'm eating more mindfully. :)

Hope your first day went well! 

It did! So far I'm right on track, lol. I haven't figured out exactly what I need to eat for fat loss besides generally aiming for less carbs, but everything else is good :) 

Don't know if you're cool with dairy in your paleo (I'm doing no dairy, works well!), if you are you seem to be eating quite paleo anyway. I usually snack on veggies/have lunch of only veggies. Usually stuff that requires little to no effort to prepare (cucumbers, Carrots, bell peppers and the likes) 

3 out of 4 is almost perfect score! Just keep up the awesome and you'll be fine! :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

Yesterday I did well with everything except my 45 minutes. I probably got about 20 minutes in throughout the day. Rugby practice was a lot of running, mostly various kinds of intervals. I just found out this morning that our pre-season game on Saturday is canceled, and I can't go to the one the next Saturday because I'm working. :(

Good job on getting everything done! At least you got in the time that you could instead of just saying you didn't have time for anything! Sorry about your game :(

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Thanks! Today I didn't hit my 45 minutes either, but that was because of vegging on the couch instead :tongue:

I forgot to mention - yesterday I took pictures! But I'm not brave enough to post them. In other news, today one of my knees felt off - not sore or anything, but just not right when I bent it. I could feel it sometimes when I sat down/stood up, and could feel it every time I crouched down. So I skipped going to the gym, since I was planning on squatting and cleans and I figured I shouldn't aggravate my knee. I've had problems with bursitis before and I'd really rather not have it come back. So instead I went for a 2 mile run so that I at least got something in, since over the last few days I've been ravenous and have been eating a bit more than I "should" (according to MFP). But if I'm hungry I'm going to eat, but try to do it sensibly, if only because I tend to get really grumpy when I'm hungry. I figure that if I'm hungry it's for a reason lol. 

I've taken pictures too but haven't been brave enough to post them either. I believe I will do that tomorrow....maybe lol. Good work! 

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

The weird thing is, there's definitely pictures of me on facebook in a swimsuit, and I'm cool with that, but posting progress pics? Nope! :tongue:

Could this be because facebook gives you the illusion of control over your images? Such as a pseudo setting of 'who gets to see this' or the possibility to 'delete' the picture?

I'm with you though, I've religiolously taken pictures every week since the 5th of January. I've not even looked at them in a succession myself. Or compared. Just don't see the point in that. 

Level 4 Human Ranger

The weird thing is, there's definitely pictures of me on facebook in a swimsuit, and I'm cool with that, but posting progress pics? Nope! :tongue:

Maybe it has something to do with you know most of the people on facebook personally? Honestly I'd rather post them here to people I only know online. Strange, huh? lol

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Could this be because facebook gives you the illusion of control over your images? Such as a pseudo setting of 'who gets to see this' or the possibility to 'delete' the picture?

I'm with you though, I've religiolously taken pictures every week since the 5th of January. I've not even looked at them in a succession myself. Or compared. Just don't see the point in that. 

I think you're right - it feels like I have a bit more control on facebook, rather than just putting them out into the ether. I usually take them about 4-6 weeks apart. Looking at the most recent ones I can't see much of a difference, but the ones from a year ago are so different! 

Maybe it has something to do with you know most of the people on facebook personally? Honestly I'd rather post them here to people I only know online. Strange, huh? lol

I think you're right as well. It's people that I know in person, rather than just putting it out there for whoever happens along.

I had a good day yesterday. Got some more stuff crossed off the to-do list, including getting a floor lamp to put beside my bed for reading at night - since rearranging my room my desk lamp is across the room, and I didn't want a nightstand or another table. I also got a hard drive to use for storage, so that I can free up some space on my computer. When I was getting ready for rugby, my dad asked "Are you going to soccer now? Rugby, whatever.." and I was all

tumblr_mlft8hcazy1s5h9x0o1_400.gif

Cause ya, totally not the same thing. Practice was good, except for the part where I completely forgot how to pass left. I was catching the ball from the right, so my right hand was closer to my body, and my left hand was on the outside of the ball, and to throw left I would have had to flip the ball around so that my left had was closer and my right hand was on the outside. Except I kept not doing it. But then we did some rucking drills (hitting people!) so that was better.

Today I've been working on a spreadsheet of how much rent/commuting/food/tuition/everything will cost for each of the schools I've accepted for grad school. I have a couple errands to run, and then work. I was thinking about going to the gym, but it's rainy here and I have one of those lovely headaches that comes along with that for me. So I'm thinking that since I'm not playing tomorrow, I'll lift heavy tomorrow and then do a light weight/high rep one on Sunday with a run. Gotta work on my cardio!

Hehe the gif! Understandable reaction though. You should teach your dad about the difference.

Throwing the ball with the offhand is hard. My offhand passes used to be horrible. Then I spent a whole season only throwing left! After that season both my hands were terrible at passing. But in all seriousness get some practice on your offhand. It's important!

Level 4 Human Ranger

Don't know if you're cool with dairy in your paleo (I'm doing no dairy, works well!), if you are you seem to be eating quite paleo anyway. I usually snack on veggies/have lunch of only veggies. Usually stuff that requires little to no effort to prepare (cucumbers, Carrots, bell peppers and the likes) 

3 out of 4 is almost perfect score! Just keep up the awesome and you'll be fine! :)

I just saw this, don't know how I missed it! I do eat a bit of dairy, in the form of Greek yogurt and cheese (and sometimes frozen yogurt/ice cream :P). I like the idea of having an all-veggies meal. More veggies is something I should work on, so I'll try and incorporate it into my eating

Hehe the gif! Understandable reaction though. You should teach your dad about the difference.

Throwing the ball with the offhand is hard. My offhand passes used to be horrible. Then I spent a whole season only throwing left! After that season both my hands were terrible at passing. But in all seriousness get some practice on your offhand. It's important!

I'm planning on getting a ball tomorrow and spending some quality time with it in the next few weeks passing left. I need to get that mind/body disconnect of knowing what I need to do but not being able to do it instinctively/without thinking it through sorted out!

Sounds like you're taking care of business! 

Subbed. Looking forward to lurking!

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

P. S. If you need someone to send the too-big clothing to, give a shout :)

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

I think that most of them are just going to get thrown out (unless I can find somewhere that takes clothes for rags) - it's a lot of old jeans, and most of them have rips in that thigh-rub spot. I do have a few nicer things, but I should warn you, they're hemmed for someone who's 5'3", they might be flood pants for you (can't remember if you've said how tall you are)  :tongue:

Saturday was pretty good, I got some stuff done, went to work, and went out afterwards to meet up with some girls from my team. I did have a beer, but it was a good night, and a good way to unwind after work rather than my usual routine of going home and wasting time online. I can't just go home, shower, and sleep, since I'll have weird dreams about work that wake me up all night if I do that, so having something to do after is always nice. 

Today I saw some friends, and some new people, and I'll admit to having a couple of the fresh-baked cookies and brownies they had. But they were delicious! It was a good time, even if I did totally throw off my calories/carbs between the treats and having a sandwich. I got a bit of room decluttering, room planning (I'm thinking about painting/redecorating it once I've got it cleaned/decluttered), and laundry done afterwards. (Which reminds me, I should go take things out of the washer and hang them up!)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines