Annlea's Adventure- 1st challenge. Yeahh buddy!

Love the color scheme! It's very light and relaxing =) Looking forward to seeing the progress ...more pictures over the course of the weeks? =D And Tap Out looks intense! Sounds awesome that you got a good workout in yesterday =)

Definitely...I'm taking a before right now and I'll add in progress pics as I move along. The room isn't terribly attractive...which drives my decorating side of me nuts. So I have been maybe a tad hesitant but getting over that!

Okay so I have been off here not checking in but it's been kind of hectic here. (But I wrote it in my journal)  Soooo....

Week 1 day 3

Water intake still at  it's best. Took in 8 glasses. Then did my Beginners Body weight and upped both the weight AND reps. It was only 8 pound weights and honestly I should have upped them that very day to over 8 because it was way too easy. Even got to ride my bike for about 15 mins. I threw out some stuff out of the home school room. 

Week 1 day 4

7 glasses of water, did some cardio for only 20 mins, rode my bike for another 15. Didn't do any work on the room.

Week 1 day 5

Came up with some diy ideas for the school room. I'm putting together a moodboard and will share that later when it's all put together! Drank another 7 glasses of water. Was gross out yesterday so no bike riding. I did however up my weights and reps AGAIN. AND I can feel some abs. I have a mom tum.....being that I went from 100 pounds to 130 in about 8 months then back down to about 110 in a short time after kids it's uh...not as youthful looking but the better I eat and the more I workout I can see it's very slowly but surely getting better. I think I should have taken pics just to be more aware of my change.

Nice going, good to know that week#1 was a success :D

Pics are a great motivational, we tend to get used to our daily little changes and dont actually see the overall picture. Photos are a great reminder that we are indeed progressing : )

I love diy stuff! Share it with us once you find good tutorials.

Weekend#1 is beginning and soon enough we'll be at week#2, damn, it feels great to be so excited about this, hope all u guys and girls are feeling it too o/

Muryanp

(Lvl 2) Bearborn Adventurer

[sTR 8 - DEX 3 - STA 1 - CON 10 - WIS 7.5 - CHA 6.5]

Prologue | Chapter 1 | ... }

You can also find me on Twitter!

[(Inv) Fire Flower; Nifty Birthday Hat; Racoon Suit of Creativity]

- Minichallenges completed - 1; .. -

Sounds like it's going great for you so far!! And you're smart to be getting a grip on that "mom weight" now, because believe me, it 10-12 years it's a LOT tougher to get rid of it!!!

The BBW wworkout is great, I love it because it basically requires NOTHING but you. I'm adding one day of the advanced bodyweight workout this 6 weeks (altho this week just was awful and I didn't get it in), so I'm going to see how much more difficult that one is.....

Good luck, keep plugging away!!!!

riotgrly

LEVEL 2

Half-Elf STR 5 || DEX 2 || STA 4 || CON 4 || WIS 4 || CHR 2.5

How was the end of the week girl?

And how about the second week.?.. I hope you doing great there, stay strong and let us know about it :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Wow....where has this week gone??? So pumped today is Friday. The husband and I get the weekend to ourselves since my mom wanted some time with the kids. We will be spending some time fishing and going and just doing fun active things at our own pace without worrying about babies falling over/drowning/catching on fire and/or losing them. Probably will enjoy vodka in some form sometime this weekend too.

How was the end of the week girl?

And how about the second week.?.. I hope you doing great there, stay strong and let us know about it :D

Ugh...I know...I am horrible at updating everyday. I go through obsessing how YOU guys are doing then I end up not bothering with my own updates. But I do continue to write them down so I can come back here and update!

Okay so Week 1 day 6..this is my free/fun day where I focus more on just being active and less on having an actual routine. Also my weekends are more kid/family focused. This weekend we celebrated my daughters 4th birthday so didn't do much of anything except hang out with friends and family.

Week 1 day 7 We use this as family time so there was a lot of tag, bike riding, and just being a big kid basically..But it was still active so still an A+! I did work on the craft room by working on some diy organization. Got in about 5 glasses of water

Overall the week was not bad. My diet could have been better though! With the celebrating of my daughters birthday the eating was kind of bad.  I give the 1st week an A- Met my goals but my diet was just..shitty. If junk food is not in my house I do not think about it..the second it's in my house it's all I can think about! For me moderation does not work. 

Ok week 2 day 8 Starting off at 10 pounds I have slowly been upping my reps. So with Beginner body weight on the very first day I started out like this: 20 body weight squats, only 5 pushups, 20 lunges, 10 dumbell rows with only 5 pounds, 15 second plank and 30 jumping jacks. By this day I am at 25 body weight squats, 5 pushups, 25 lunges, 15 dumbell rows with 10 pounds, 40 second plank, 35 jumping jacks

week 2 day 9 Tap out cardio, no bike riding,4 glasses of water

week 2 day 10 30 body weight squats, 5 pushups, 30 lunges, 15 dumbell row with 10 pounds, 40 second plank, 35 jumping jacks, 7 glasses of water, 15 mins of bike riding

week 2 day 11 salsa dancing, a lot of time outside and about 10 mins of bike riding and 8 glasses

week 2 day 12 As of today it is 40 body weight squats, 5 pushups, 40 lunges, 10 dumbell rows with 15 pounds, 40 second plank and only 35 jumping jacks. I hate those fucking things....and this weekend I am picking up some heavier weights.

Sounds like your back on track! And maybe one day you'll love Jumping Jacks (I have to because the military lives off of them). Have you considered a jump rope? they are more fun than jumping jacks, especially when you can impress others with all the Badass tricks you can do! Plus, kids love them so practice or workouts can become family time.

Sounds great Annlea, way to get back up on it! It sounds like you've been working hard the whole way through! I'm with ya on those jacks, they are my least favorite thing to do. Maybe you'd like jump rope more? I recommend it, but it takes more coordination than I've got!

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

Sounds like your back on track! And maybe one day you'll love Jumping Jacks (I have to because the military lives off of them). Have you considered a jump rope? they are more fun than jumping jacks, especially when you can impress others with all the Badass tricks you can do! Plus, kids love them so practice or workouts can become family time.

That's a good idea...the kids love jumping rope so it would be a nice thing to do with them.

I'm with LastOne on that .. jump rope is great cardio plus a sight more fun than jumping jacks, especially when you throw in tricks =) Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

Sounds great Annlea, way to get back up on it! It sounds like you've been working hard the whole way through! I'm with ya on those jacks, they are my least favorite thing to do. Maybe you'd like jump rope more? I recommend it, but it takes more coordination than I've got!

Thanks  I have been trying to!

Week 2 day 13. We spent some time outside fishing. We walked around for about...6 hours going through stores and stuff. And usually by this point my lower back starts hurting but it did not hurt at all! I was a bit disappointed in not buying some weights but I couldn't justify it. 15 bucks per weight just seems a tad ridiculous to me. No riding bikes since we weren't home pretty much the entire day. But I made sure to carry water in with me. I kind of lost count but I kept refilling it.

Week 2 day 13. We spent some time outside fishing. We walked around for about...6 hours going through stores and stuff. And usually by this point my lower back starts hurting but it did not hurt at all! I was a bit disappointed in not buying some weights but I couldn't justify it. 15 bucks per weight just seems a tad ridiculous to me. No riding bikes since we weren't home pretty much the entire day. But I made sure to carry water in with me. I kind of lost count but I kept refilling it.

Ugh, I know, right? Weights are kinda outrageous as far as how they're priced -- if you're looking to buy some, I would say you're better off shelling out the extra cash for one of those in which you can dial in the weight and it has free-weights attached to a small (dumbbell sized) barbell. Good luck! =) 

Level 3 Human Adventurer

(based on the old system, anyway)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #25

Current Challenge

Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3

I bought my weights at Wal-Mart for $18.75 each, but I did find others at a good price on Craigslist, and Big 5 has really good sales. You just have to get there before everyone else does! Buying just one and waiting for the other one is a good idea.

Just checkd out your blog and saw the pictures of the fishing day.

What a gorgeous family you v got!!

Congrats :D

Way to go on your progress, also!

o/

Muryanp

So yesterday since we didn't have the kids we spent about another 6 hours just walking around stores. Our family can handle maaaybe 30 minutes before the kids start going crazy. Can't blame them. Then we went to the park and rode bikes and played frisbee for about an hour and a half. It was another day that we were barely home. Water wise I drank one glass. Not a good amount at all but won't get upset over that since everything else went good. Oh! And I am somewhat a step closer to a life list. I found a guitar at a flea market. It's a First Act ME415 for 50 bucks. I do not know anything about guitars but I assume it's the model number. So if you know anything about guitars let me know if it would be a good first choice for someone who has never played.

I didn't work on the room but I picked up some stuff to work on it.

So yesterday since we didn't have the kids we spent about another 6 hours just walking around stores. Our family can handle maaaybe 30 minutes before the kids start going crazy. Can't blame them. Then we went to the park and rode bikes and played frisbee for about an hour and a half. It was another day that we were barely home. Water wise I drank one glass. Not a good amount at all but won't get upset over that since everything else went good. Oh! And I am somewhat a step closer to a life list. I found a guitar at a flea market. It's a First Act ME415 for 50 bucks. I do not know anything about guitars but I assume it's the model number. So if you know anything about guitars let me know if it would be a good first choice for someone who has never played.

I didn't work on the room but I picked up some stuff to work on it.

I love playing frisbee -- good workout =) As far as the guitar goes, I only really play acoustic but the model you picked up looks like a solid starter .. assuming that the strings, frets, and pickups/wiring is good. I'd have someone that knows electric guitars give it a once over (and the amp too, if you picked one up; if not, you're going to need a small one at the least). 

Electric guitars are good starters because the strings are easier to press down than steel string acoustic guitars, which cause you to callous more and hurt like hell in the beginning. Not to mention that they're great because you can use them with an amp =) Good luck with the guitar and keep us posted on how that goes!

Level 3 Human Adventurer

(based on the old system, anyway)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #25

Current Challenge

Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3

"I am so bad with etiquette and just those things your supposed to know and do as an adult."

"My all time favorite show over everything is Friends."

We have at least to things in common :) but I guess there are more....

good job with the challenge girl  :victorious: keep it up

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Just dropping by to congratulate you on your Mother's Day!

And a good start on week #5 :D

Muryanp

hey girl, why so quiet here ?? Give us some knews how you are... anything :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines