• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Synyster

Training the Art of Stealth - Synyster's 2nd Challenge

Alright, here I am, ready to become an Assassin! 6 weeks of tearing my body apart, challenging myself and pushing me to near insanity...all for the glory of the Assassins! My goals for this 6 weeks are as follows:

GOALS:

1. Practice Parkour for 20 minutes a day. (+1 Dex, +2 Stam)

2. Successfully do Dragon Flags. (+2 Str, +3 Stam)

3. Increase my workout activity from 3 days a week to 5 days a week. (+2 Stam, +3 Con)

Life Goal:

1. Manage money so as to have a savings account with at least $50 a paycheck put into it, along with withdrawing about $200 in cash and avoid using my card as much as possible. (+.5 Char, +1.5 Wis)

I really want to condition myself and get into parkour, as that has been a big interest of mine for the past few years now. So, what better way than to get right into it and set a goal of a practice time? Dragons Flags...not only do they look bad ass, but they make you bad ass! I've always got to up my intensity of workouts somewhere! And increasing my workout activity. It may seem unrealistic, but really it won't be so bad. It will, of course have some extra time spent for planning, especially with work and all, BUT it can be done, and I will do it! 5 days a week isn't bad, and I feel my body is conditioned enough for it now. And finally, the life goal. By planning how to manage my money, I will have a better idea of where it's going and what I'm going to do. I've already told the wife I am going to say no to her more often :P and explained why. She agreed that it is a good idea, SO we shall see what happens!

As for diet, I plan on sticking to a more Paleo style way of eating, and hopefully limiting non paleo foods to no more than 4 a week. If I can get even less than that, BETTER! 

Weight: 137
Height: 5'5"

Not quite into the rest of the measuring things, I'd rather just look at the before/after pics. Speaking of which, when I have reached where I am more "comfortable in my skin" I will be posting my before and after pics. Who knows, maybe this 6 weeks will be it!

Hey bro!! Good to see ya man! Nice simple goals man, especially the parkour! Get pics of the dragon flag bro :) That's a goal of mine.. to one day pull one off! Your core must be KILLAH! Awesome stuff, Synyster.

WOLF

Love the challenge of saving money. My parents are horrible with money and as a result they have a lot of debt. A big helper is making a list and sticking to it no if's and's or but's! And setting a carefully measured amount towards necessities helps a lot. Make sure you set aside some money for an "in-case" scenario should arrive.

Really liking the goals. I've always been interested in parkour as well, but my schedule doesn't really allow for me to dedicate the time to practice, as I have so many other things I need to focus on, but I'm hoping sometime in the near future to make some time at least once a week to practice it. If you're already working out 3 days a week, upping that to 5 shouldn't be too much of a shock to your system. Managing your money is important, and paying for things in cash definitely hurts more than paying with a card. Looking forward to seeing your progress through the challenge!

Hey bro!! Good to see ya man! Nice simple goals man, especially the parkour! Get pics of the dragon flag bro :) That's a goal of mine.. to one day pull one off! Your core must be KILLAH! Awesome stuff, Synyster.

WOLF

Of course, as with the video for handstand push ups, I will do the same for the dragon flag at the end! Thank you for the support! (Will be getting around to everyone else's posts tomorrow, as I've had a busy busy day and am about to crash!:P)

Love the challenge of saving money. My parents are horrible with money and as a result they have a lot of debt. A big helper is making a list and sticking to it no if's and's or but's! And setting a carefully measured amount towards necessities helps a lot. Make sure you set aside some money for an "in-case" scenario should arrive.

My parents are the same way, especially my dad! I already did my own damage, and I want to stop it before it gets worse!

Really liking the goals. I've always been interested in parkour as well, but my schedule doesn't really allow for me to dedicate the time to practice, as I have so many other things I need to focus on, but I'm hoping sometime in the near future to make some time at least once a week to practice it. If you're already working out 3 days a week, upping that to 5 shouldn't be too much of a shock to your system. Managing your money is important, and paying for things in cash definitely hurts more than paying with a card. Looking forward to seeing your progress through the challenge!

I have a feeling that when I start with the heavier work schedule, it may be a bit more difficult, but I am going to do what I can to make it work! And that's what I'm thinking with the 5 days. I figure I'll start with 4 days, and progress into 5 by...maybe the 3rd or 4th week? 

Here i am in assassin land!! Just wanted to check out your new challenge. Lookin good! I look forward to you rocking all your goals!

I also just went to the grocery store and TOTALLY spent a whole lot less than I needed to! Brought only cash in, no cards.

Here i am in assassin land!! Just wanted to check out your new challenge. Lookin good! I look forward to you rocking all your goals!

I also just went to the grocery store and TOTALLY spent a whole lot less than I needed to! Brought only cash in, no cards.

Haha awesome, glad to see more proof that the idea works!

Nice goals man! Just looked up what Dragon Flags are, look tough but I think you'll manage. :)

Thank you very much. I will definitely be trying my hardest to achieve it!

Of course, as with the video for handstand push ups, I will do the same for the dragon flag at the end! Thank you for the support! (Will be getting around to everyone else's posts tomorrow, as I've had a busy busy day and am about to crash! :tongue:)

I am excited to see your dragon flags!  I have been practising exercises to work up to them, but am far from an actual dragon flag.

I really like your life goal as well, I started directly depositing money in to a savings account a few weeks ago and it is such a great feeling to know I actually have some savings in the bank!

Look forward to hearing about your progress!

I am excited to see your dragon flags!  I have been practising exercises to work up to them, but am far from an actual dragon flag.

I really like your life goal as well, I started directly depositing money in to a savings account a few weeks ago and it is such a great feeling to know I actually have some savings in the bank!

Look forward to hearing about your progress!

Awesome! It's great to see more people doing what I was hoping would be a helpful tool :P great to see it is helpful!

Excellent goals! Dragon flags are beastly. I'm looking forward the pictures. I started using mint.com a couple of months ago to manage my finances. It's really easy if you use your card for everything, since it just automatically brings it in, so I've been doing that. But it lets you set up budgets and savings goals and has some nice charts. Good luck!

Good luck with the challenge.

If you need any help with dragon flags or ways to make them harder (it is not a matter of IF they become too easy, but WHEN), lemme know, I'll be glad to help.

Make sure you do full reps with an easier variant as well as the negatives. Turning it around is hard and a bit odd at first, dragon flags are one of the few exercises (and probably the first you've done) that reverses rep direction in a direction that increases load while at the point of peak load (ghetto GHR's are another).

Excellent goals! Dragon flags are beastly. I'm looking forward the pictures. I started using mint.com a couple of months ago to manage my finances. It's really easy if you use your card for everything, since it just automatically brings it in, so I've been doing that. But it lets you set up budgets and savings goals and has some nice charts. Good luck!

Thank you! I have seen a lot about mint.com over the years, but something about tracking it all online in a place other than my bank just seems a little too risky for myself. My head is loaded with conspiracy theories and what not, so I am slowly aiming to take myself as much off the map as I can :P 

Good luck with the challenge.

If you need any help with dragon flags or ways to make them harder (it is not a matter of IF they become too easy, but WHEN), lemme know, I'll be glad to help.

Make sure you do full reps with an easier variant as well as the negatives. Turning it around is hard and a bit odd at first, dragon flags are one of the few exercises (and probably the first you've done) that reverses rep direction in a direction that increases load while at the point of peak load (ghetto GHR's are another).

Thank you! I will be sure to keep that in mind, as I will most likely need some kind of advice during this challenge! For an easier variant, would you say that bending your knees would be a way to go? A few videos I have seen have said to start with knees bent in order to get into it first, and as you improve straighten your legs out to make it harder.

Thank you! I will be sure to keep that in mind, as I will most likely need some kind of advice during this challenge! For an easier variant, would you say that bending your knees would be a way to go? A few videos I have seen have said to start with knees bent in order to get into it first, and as you improve straighten your legs out to make it harder.

Yes. Bent knees at first, then one leg straight, then both legs straight.

I have to see those dragon flags when you achieve them!

I will be sure to get a video at the end of the challenge!

Yes. Bent knees at first, then one leg straight, then both legs straight.

Alright, I will definitely try that progression, thank you very much (:

So.. just looked up Dragon Flags. BEAST! Right up your ally with the dragon theme 2.

Indeed! :P Haha

Today I said Fuck You Wind! I went out for a nice fast paced walk at first, to scout the area and decide the best areas to trace/practice parkour. While I found a few good places, I also pushed myself to run in the wind. I figure I might as well learn to love it since it's never going away! Later today after cleaning and packing a care package to send to my dad in Afghanistan, I will be working on the dragon flag progression some more. Hope it goes well!

Side note: While in Hell Paso yesterday, I seemed to have injured my ankle a bit. It's not in much pain at all today, but I will be careful the rest of the day.

Dragon Flags: Pain in the ass right now, but will be worth it later!

Continuing practice on them tomorrow.

Amen, brother! And bee-tea-dubs, I salute you and your father both, him for serving our country, and you for being one of the few to care enough to send a care package. I'm ashamed to say this, but I know quite a few people who resent our troops (thankfully, though, none of them are from Texas!)

Today I said Fuck You Wind! I went out for a nice fast paced walk at first, to scout the area and decide the best areas to trace/practice parkour. While I found a few good places, I also pushed myself to run in the wind. I figure I might as well learn to love it since it's never going away! Later today after cleaning and packing a care package to send to my dad in Afghanistan, I will be working on the dragon flag progression some more. Hope it goes well!

Side note: While in Hell Paso yesterday, I seemed to have injured my ankle a bit. It's not in much pain at all today, but I will be careful the rest of the day.

Against the wind

I'm still running

Against the wind

Still running against the wind...

I support the military whenever I can. Tell your dad he has support here in California!

Yeah be careful! A broken ankle is not fun, especially when you need a shower and your not blessed with a walk-in shower. If it still hurts you should look into a ankle brace, I got mine from Wal-Mart for a good price. Also look into Titanium Ankles on YouTube, it really helped me muscle and strengthen my ankle.