• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aeryn

Aeryn's Up and Down Challenge

Woke up really focused this morning - was totally into the workout, felt good and solid throughout. Wish the pull-ups were more predictable, but it does feel like the chins are getting stronger, so that's awesome.

That's great, you worked hard for 'em :) 

Doing great on those L-sits aswell, very nice.

Some bold color choices you people have for doors :) I am plain & boring.

Good work outs. Hang in there on the pull ups. I've been in an up/down momentum swing on my hand stand work. One night I was feeling awesome, did press, felt I could do several more, but stuck to the negatives that I had planned. then my last 2 workouts since then have been total flops for hand stands or even thinking about doing a press. It's frustrating, I feel ya.

Thanks! Turquoise won the color battle, after a long war with aubergine. Aubergine's making a play for the porch floor and shutters, though. :)

Heh. Color is awesome, I love them all. Turquoise/teal is my favorite, but I really like color in general. And even the beiges have fancy names, so there's no escaping that part. I just like the sound of "aubergine" more than "dark purple." :)

I love turquoise!! And I totally had to look up what aubergine was. Lol

I only knew because 'aubergine' is French for eggplant, so I just assumed it was the colour of an eggplant...

That's great, you worked hard for 'em :)

Doing great on those L-sits aswell, very nice.

Thanks!

Some bold color choices you people have for doors :) I am plain & boring.

Good work outs. Hang in there on the pull ups. I've been in an up/down momentum swing on my hand stand work. One night I was feeling awesome, did press, felt I could do several more, but stuck to the negatives that I had planned. then my last 2 workouts since then have been total flops for hand stands or even thinking about doing a press. It's frustrating, I feel ya.

Hah - well, the door is bright, but it also doesn't face the street, so it's not as much of a statement as it sounds. Thanks for the up/down momentum sympathy - we'll get through it!

Turquoise rules.  Good call.  Down with purple!

Heck yeah! Oh wait, but not down with purple, I totally still love purple too.

Most definitely.  Gotta finish first. ;)

Looking forward to seeing it!

Heh, that's me, using the ridiculous name instead of the one people actually know.

I only knew because 'aubergine' is French for eggplant, so I just assumed it was the colour of an eggplant...

Mmm, eggplant.

Workout this morning:

L-sit, half-bent knees: 25/20/20

Pull-ups: 2/1/1 (HECK YEAH that's two in a row on the first set)

Half pull-up plus negative (neg only): 4/3(1)/2(2)

Assisted pistol squat: 8/8/8

Diamond push-ups: 4/4/4

standard push-ups: 8/8/8

Pike push-ups, feet on couch arm: 4/4/4

Plank toe pulls: 12/12/12

Challenge wrap-up to come later today!

Purple does kind of go with turquoise, but only with a line of orange separating them, otherwise it darkens things too much.  But I'm biased.  If it works post photos so I can see the error of my ways:)

Okay, Challenge wrap-up time!

1. Pull-up: Heck yeah, I finally did one! And in this morning's workout, I did two consecutively! Plus two more, separately. Skipped only one workout, so I get an A for this! 3 STR, 1 STA

2. Upside Down3 handstand practices a week. Worked on this pretty steadily, but missed 3 sessions because of shoulder pain. Giving myself a B on this one. 2 1 DEX, 1 STA

3. Tracking all the ups and downs: spreadsheet of doooom! This was awesome - actually having visual data has been really useful. I'm a bit bewildered because in week 2, I decided to increase my calories and try to build some muscle. I've been eating steadily at that level, and my weight started creeping slowly upward (yay!)... and then turned right back around and went down again, though I'm not eating less. I have a lovely pair of charts showing this:

Weight vs Intake, Up and Down Challenge

That's a 7-day average of net intake and a 7-day average of weight - the intake one goes up and then holds pretty steady, whereas the weight one goes up... and then down again. Picture me with confused face. 

Anyway, I tracked every day, only missed one weigh-in. A for this goal! 2 WIS, 2 CHA

4. Up out of bed: Hahaha. I did really well on this for a couple weeks, and then realized I was actually getting sleep-deprived because I'd moved my wake-up time earlier to try for consistency. And then I basically ignored this goal for the rest of the challenge. Whoops. Yup, that's an F. 2 CON, 2 WIS

Unrelated to this challenge, but discussed above - painted my front door turquoise yesterday, and it's making me very happy. Ignore the peeling patches of paint on the porch floor, that's yet another project that'll happen when I get the urge to spend hours with a sander taking off the old paint...

turquoise door!

I hear ya on the sleep deprived part of getting up early... 12-8 is a perfect schedule for me too, unfortunately life has other ideas :)

nice work on the challenge though!

and

I love the door. (definitely would go with aubergine (I'm glad someone defined this color...) for the shutters IMO)

Way to go! Special congrats on the pull-ups!! And nice door (both the door itself and the choice of colour)!!

Oh, and nice graphs... I guess...  :)

Did the weird losing of weight coincided with any random and/or non-exercise-related event in your life that could have made a difference? 

Great challenge! Ofcourse love the pull-ups, once you got them you really continued to kick ass at them, 2 in a row, damn :)

You and lex inspired me with this tracking, I'm tempted to go for that next challenge. Love me some graphs. Great job! Oh and nice door :D

Beauty of a door, that is.

Thanks!

Nice door! 

Thanks!

I hear ya on the sleep deprived part of getting up early... 12-8 is a perfect schedule for me too, unfortunately life has other ideas :)

nice work on the challenge though!

and

I love the door. (definitely would go with aubergine (I'm glad someone defined this color...) for the shutters IMO)

Haha, life has this annoying habit of getting in the way of my sleep. Thanks!

Way to go! Special congrats on the pull-ups!! And nice door (both the door itself and the choice of colour)!!

Oh, and nice graphs... I guess...   :)

Did the weird losing of weight coincided with any random and/or non-exercise-related event in your life that could have made a difference? 

Thanks! There have been no significant changes/events in my life that coincide with the weird weight loss - everything's been going along pretty much the same for several months.

Great results! And the door looks awesome.

Thanks!

Great challenge! Ofcourse love the pull-ups, once you got them you really continued to kick ass at them, 2 in a row, damn :)

You and lex inspired me with this tracking, I'm tempted to go for that next challenge. Love me some graphs. Great job! Oh and nice door :D

Thanks! I was really surprised by the 2 in a row - I was just feeling pretty good, so decided to see what would happen if I reversed at the bottom on the first one. Gotta love it when things like that work! You should totally join us in the tracking - it really is cool to have data and graphs to show you what's going on with your body - even if it doesn't make sense!

Awesome job on all the things! Way to go on the pull ups! And love the door, suck a pretty warm welcoming color

Thanks! I love brightly colored doors.

Okay, Challenge wrap-up time!

1. Pull-up: Heck yeah, I finally did one! And in this morning's workout, I did two consecutively! Plus two more, separately. Skipped only one workout, so I get an A for this! 3 STR, 1 STA

2. Upside Down3 handstand practices a week. Worked on this pretty steadily, but missed 3 sessions because of shoulder pain. Giving myself a B on this one. 2 1 DEX, 1 STA

3. Tracking all the ups and downs: spreadsheet of doooom! This was awesome - actually having visual data has been really useful. I'm a bit bewildered because in week 2, I decided to increase my calories and try to build some muscle. I've been eating steadily at that level, and my weight started creeping slowly upward (yay!)... and then turned right back around and went down again, though I'm not eating less. I have a lovely pair of charts showing this:

That's a 7-day average of net intake and a 7-day average of weight - the intake one goes up and then holds pretty steady, whereas the weight one goes up... and then down again. Picture me with confused face. 

Anyway, I tracked every day, only missed one weigh-in. A for this goal! 2 WIS, 2 CHA

4. Up out of bed: Hahaha. I did really well on this for a couple weeks, and then realized I was actually getting sleep-deprived because I'd moved my wake-up time earlier to try for consistency. And then I basically ignored this goal for the rest of the challenge. Whoops. Yup, that's an F. 2 CON, 2 WIS

Unrelated to this challenge, but discussed above - painted my front door turquoise yesterday, and it's making me very happy. Ignore the peeling patches of paint on the porch floor, that's yet another project that'll happen when I get the urge to spend hours with a sander taking off the old paint...

Yay Pullups!

Boo spread sheets they lie!

Positive sleep points, 100, 000,000 cats can't be wrong:)

Turquoise rules.