• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aeryn

Aeryn's Up and Down Challenge

You are wearing a KC Royals hat in your avatar...

I set myself up. Shoulda seen it coming.

No, I mean those other silly hats. I have fedoras and boaters. My Royals hat is serious! :-D

Ooh, or make silly hats out of spreadsheets.

That reminds me of the intro to Meaning of Life with the pirate accountants.

Also, if I ever get in on the poses in strange places thing, I'll make sure to be wearing a hat made from a spreadsheet.

And good job on the handstands!  Make that little voice shut its pie hole.

Wow! Well done on the great workout and awesome on the not-so-sore body!! :D Thanks! I never quite know whether to be happy I'm not sore, or worried I didn't do enough! Great workout! Score one for the spreadsheets! Heck yeah, spreadsheets unite! Who says there has to be fewer silly hats? ;) Good point. Silly hats are always fun. We could even make spreadsheets about the silly hats, if we wanted! Ooh, or make silly hats out of spreadsheets.Poor cats! Great job on stringing those no-snoozing days together :)

Also love the pull-up work. I might add back some band-assisted pull ups aswell, considering that the last part is hardest for me.. so that should be the point of least assistance. Thanks! The cats will just have to get used to it. :) Yeah, I'm actually starting doing grease the groove with the band-assisted pull-ups because the last part is the hardest for me, too, and the band-assisted pulls don't wipe me out as much as negatives do. And huh, I just realized my elbow didn't hurt today after my workout - awesome. Damn, girl. You are rocking it! Thanks, Wolvie! Glad to see you back.

Handstand work today - 4 30-sec wall handstands. Balanced one of them for 5 seconds, which was pretty cool. Felt harder today - maybe because of soreness from my other workouts. Kick-ups are getting easier every time, though, as I work out how hard I have to push to get vertical but not bounce off the wall. Also, the voice in my head that says "you're gonna fall on your head!" is still there, but getting quieter, which is good.

Yay for no elbow pain! And w00t on the handstands! That's a lot of effort. Getting the "right" amount of kick up I think is the hardest part of handstands. It's so subtle. Congrats on it getting easier!

So death before spreadsheets or spreadsheets before death? Or even death TO spreadsheets...

I like the way you think...all over the place!  So appropriate:)

Thanks! I never quite know whether to be happy I'm not sore, or worried I didn't do enough!   

Heck yeah, spreadsheets unite! 

Good point. Silly hats are always fun. We could even make spreadsheets about the silly hats, if we wanted! Ooh, or make silly hats out of spreadsheets.

Thanks! The cats will just have to get used to it. :) Yeah, I'm actually starting doing grease the groove with the band-assisted pull-ups because the last part is the hardest for me, too, and the band-assisted pulls don't wipe me out as much as negatives do. And huh, I just realized my elbow didn't hurt today after my workout - awesome.  

Thanks, Wolvie! Glad to see you back.

Handstand work today - 4 30-sec wall handstands. Balanced one of them for 5 seconds, which was pretty cool. Felt harder today - maybe because of soreness from my other workouts. Kick-ups are getting easier every time, though, as I work out how hard I have to push to get vertical but not bounce off the wall. Also, the voice in my head that says "you're gonna fall on your head!" is still there, but getting quieter, which is good.

The voices only get quiet when they're plotting...

So death before spreadsheets or spreadsheets before death? Or even death TO spreadsheets...

I like the way you think...all over the place! So appropriate:)

I'm going with death to spreadsheets

I'm going with death to spreadsheets

Death to Death to Spreadsheets!

Spreadsheets are just like people. They can do a lot more than you realize and they're made up of cells. ;)

HAHA!! Lol. Made up of cells.

BTW so are parasites. ;)

Sounds like your handstand work is coming along nicely! I wish that little voice in my head would pipe down, lol.

Thanks! I think the best way to make it quieter is to bury it under evidence of all the handstands where you didn't fall on your head. But it's still there!

You're kicking it Aeryn! Not snoozing and getting a great workout in!!!

Thanks!

Yay for no elbow pain! And w00t on the handstands! That's a lot of effort. Getting the "right" amount of kick up I think is the hardest part of handstands. It's so subtle. Congrats on it getting easier!

Thanks! It's definitely a learning process!

The voices only get quiet when they're plotting...

Haha, that's awesome. Now I'm worried.

So far it sounds like you've moved to the next level with your performance:)  Congratulations:)

Thanks! Definitely getting somewhere...

Oh my gosh, you guys, this spreadsheet and hat conversation is cracking me up entirely! I don't check my thread for half a day and this is what you do in it?! Please, carry on. Also, Croman, is that WALDO'S spreadsheet that you've turned into a hat? Because that's a very bold move. 

Total fail today on the wake-up goal. Actually, I woke up 10 minutes before my alarm, checked the time, and decided to sleep 'til it went off. An hour later, I realized it was light outside and I'd entirely missed my wake-up time - either I accidentally turned off the alarm when checking the time, or I never turned it on last night. Oooops. Luckily, it was still plenty early for me to get to work on time, so it wasn't a disaster.

Played inner tube water polo today for the first time in a month! My shoulders are so tired. We had a new player who started out by apologizing every time she ran into someone with her tube... but we quickly taught her the joys of pushing, flipping people, and generally taking out your aggression in fun ways. It was awesome.

Played inner tube water polo today for the first time in a month! My shoulders are so tired. We had a new player who started out by apologizing every time she ran into someone with her tube... but we quickly taught her the joys of pushing, flipping people, and generally taking out your aggression in fun ways. It was awesome.

Haha I've only been here for like a week and I've added 2 new words to my vocabulary, googled at least 12 exercises i'd never heard of before and now I've learned about the existence of inner tube water polo :D It seems like a lot of fun, but I'm not ever going to try it. (Hate getting wet)

Too bad on missing your wake up time, but it's actually a pretty good sign that you were awake 10 minutes before you were supposed to. So no worries, tomorrow is another day :)

Oops, I haven't checked on your thread for a bit and I missed so much awesomeness! You are doing amazing on the handstands, way to tell your inner voice to pipe down.  And I missed silly hats, I want a silly hat made out of spreadsheets (that doesn't mean I have to make a spreadsheet does it?)