• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aeryn

Aeryn's Up and Down Challenge

Oops, I haven't checked on your thread for a bit and I missed so much awesomeness! You are doing amazing on the handstands, way to tell your inner voice to pipe down.  And I missed silly hats, I want a silly hat made out of spreadsheets (that doesn't mean I have to make a spreadsheet does it?)

You could make a spreadsheet, but then you'd be an Orthodox Tabulassin, and that would put you on "their" side of The Schism.  We Chaossin Heretics prefer to steal spreadsheets from "them", not out of principle, but because we're lazy and disorganized.  Wait a minute, lazy and disorganized is our principle!  Up the Heresy!

You could make a spreadsheet, but then you'd be an Orthodox Tabulassin, and that would put you on "their" side of The Schism.  We Chaossin Heretics prefer to steal spreadsheets from "them", not out of principle, but because we're lazy and disorganized.  Wait a minute, lazy and disorganized is our principle!  Up the Heresy!

As a proud member of the Just-Wing It- Chaossin Heritic I like this plan

Haha I've only been here for like a week and I've added 2 new words to my vocabulary, googled at least 12 exercises i'd never heard of before and now I've learned about the existence of inner tube water polo :D It seems like a lot of fun, but I'm not ever going to try it. (Hate getting wet)

Too bad on missing your wake up time, but it's actually a pretty good sign that you were awake 10 minutes before you were supposed to. So no worries, tomorrow is another day :)

Inner tube water polo is ridiculous fun, but yes, you'd definitely have to get wet. :) And I got up on time today, so hooray for that!

I was wondering if people would recognize that spreadsheet:)

Just 'cause I saw it for the first time less than a week ago, yep.

Oops, I haven't checked on your thread for a bit and I missed so much awesomeness! You are doing amazing on the handstands, way to tell your inner voice to pipe down.  And I missed silly hats, I want a silly hat made out of spreadsheets (that doesn't mean I have to make a spreadsheet does it?)

Haha, you can always steal one of us spreadsheet-making people's ones like Croman did!

Ah, but our side of the schism has order and facts and actual data to back it up with! Hence, we can prove we're better... numerically. :)

As a proud member of the Just-Wing It- Chaossin Heritic I like this plan

Just wait, the spreadsheet's siren call will lure you to our side sooner than you know. Actually, wait a second, I've seen all sorts of you supposed heretics merrily putting numbers into the mini-challenge spreadsheet! What kind of heresy is this?!

Came home last night to discover half of one of my trees is horizontal in the back yard. We had a big crazy windstorm, and evidently it cracked. Luckily, it didn't hit the house, and it's neatly across my entire back yard - doesn't overlap into either of my neighbors. So I get to call the tree guy to make it go away - it's too big for me to handle, and it's actually still partially attached... about 20 feet off the ground. Ah, the joys of homeownership.

"Just wait, the spreadsheet's siren call will lure you to our side sooner than you know. Actually, wait a second, I've seen all sorts of you supposed heretics merrily putting numbers into the mini-challenge spreadsheet! What kind of heresy is this?!"

Silly Tabulassin, its a Discordian heresy!  Internal consistency is not required, in fact its discouraged:)

"Came home last night to discover half of one of my trees is horizontal in the back yard. We had a big crazy windstorm, and evidently it cracked. Luckily, it didn't hit the house, and it's neatly across my entire back yard - doesn't overlap into either of my neighbors. So I get to call the tree guy to make it go away - it's too big for me to handle, and it's actually still partially attached... about 20 feet off the ground. Ah, the joys of homeownership."

I had a big one come down about 10 years ago.  It landed between the back of the house and our cherry tree, missed both by a couple of feet and didn't hit any wires.   Had a "fun" two days with a chain saw and a splitting maul.  Figure I got off light.  Glad you did too:)

Just wait, the spreadsheet's siren call will lure you to our side sooner than you know. Actually, wait a second, I've seen all sorts of you supposed heretics merrily putting numbers into the mini-challenge spreadsheet! What kind of heresy is this?!

You can prove nothing, you can only create theories based on the correlation of cause and effect. That's why I love science, you can never 'know' anything, so there's never a reason to stop exploring.

Also, 'Chaossin Heritic', I love it! I think I might have to get a t-shirt made with thing on it, right across the shoulders. And, for irony's sake, some random number on the front.

I realized I hadn't been on your thread in a few days and oh boy did I have a lot to catch up on. Lol. And crazy funny conversations about hats and spreadsheets :)

I haven't tried a chin up in a couple weeks - must remember to attempt that in tomorrow's workout!

Temperature is tough - I like sleeping under blankets, but I also like saving money by not turning on the AC 'til I really need it. So I spend this time of year adjusting to sleeping under just one sheet instead of my pile of winter blankets, and it takes some work.

I like having something on top of me, preferably a light blanket. I just feel so exposed when I don't have at least a sheet. Like I'm not safe which makes no logical sense, but who said I had to be logical just because I like spreadsheets ;)

Okay, assassins, I have to say I LOVE my workplace. I work on a college campus, and they announced last week that the indoor rock-climbing area would be open to faculty and staff at lunchtime twice a week. So I just went bouldering on my lunch break. Seriously. It's actually a really cool space - it's a converted racquetball court, so not very big, but they've built out a lot of projections and corners to make it more interesting. Also, since they're working with a very small space, their routes overlap a lot, so instead of doing handholds of a certain color to mark a route, they have pieces of tape pointing to the holds - some of the holds have a lot of different routes that pass through them. It means I spent a good bit of time clinging to the wall and looking desperately for the next handhold, but overall it works really well. They even have climbing shoes you can borrow. My fingers are sore, though - the grip strength I'm developing via pull-ups doesn't really carry over!

This is totally getting added to my workout rotation. I was already sore today from pull-up work yesterday - we'll have to see whether I can move my arms tomorrow!

That's so cool!! The gym at my college just has a pretty standard climbing wall. Nothing as exciting as bouldering. Lol. My plan is to try it after I get my whole dizziness problem sorted out. And who knows, this grip strength you are getting during climbing may just push your pull-ups to the next level!

Total fail today on the wake-up goal. Actually, I woke up 10 minutes before my alarm, checked the time, and decided to sleep 'til it went off. An hour later, I realized it was light outside and I'd entirely missed my wake-up time - either I accidentally turned off the alarm when checking the time, or I never turned it on last night. Oooops. Luckily, it was still plenty early for me to get to work on time, so it wasn't a disaster.

Played inner tube water polo today for the first time in a month! My shoulders are so tired. We had a new player who started out by apologizing every time she ran into someone with her tube... but we quickly taught her the joys of pushing, flipping people, and generally taking out your aggression in fun ways. It was awesome.

I hate when that happens!! But at least you weren't late to anything

And inner tube water polo sounds awesome!! I can't wait to get back into a pool period. I've missed it these past few months of cold :)

Other random thoughts: Glad your elbow is feeling better! And glad that the tree fell in a way that was less destructive than it could have been, even if its a pain to deal with it. And yay for all the progress that you've made this past week! Way to kick ass like always :)

Red1263:  I understand your fear of spreadsheets.  At first they are intimidating, but they are a paper lion.  An easy way to gain the proper perspective is to use them to wrap leftovers in:)

Silly Tabulassin, its a Discordian heresy!  Internal consistency is not required, in fact its discouraged:)

Aha, right then. I'm beginning to like this line of thought!

Wow, glad to hear the tree missed everything important!

Yup, definitely grateful for that. We'll have to see how grateful I still am once I get an estimate for removing it...

You can prove nothing, you can only create theories based on the correlation of cause and effect. That's why I love science, you can never 'know' anything, so there's never a reason to stop exploring.

Also, 'Chaossin Heritic', I love it! I think I might have to get a t-shirt made with thing on it, right across the shoulders. And, for irony's sake, some random number on the front.

True, but the spreadsheets sure help with correlating!

I claim Zero for my Chaossin Heretic number!

I'm claiming pi. But I'll have to figure out how many digits of it will fit on a shirt!

technically_correct-scaled500.jpg?w=400&

Awesome.

I realized I hadn't been on your thread in a few days and oh boy did I have a lot to catch up on. Lol. And crazy funny conversations about hats and spreadsheets :)

I like having something on top of me, preferably a light blanket. I just feel so exposed when I don't have at least a sheet. Like I'm not safe which makes no logical sense, but who said I had to be logical just because I like spreadsheets ;)

That's so cool!! The gym at my college just has a pretty standard climbing wall. Nothing as exciting as bouldering. Lol. My plan is to try it after I get my whole dizziness problem sorted out. And who knows, this grip strength you are getting during climbing may just push your pull-ups to the next level!

And inner tube water polo sounds awesome!! I can't wait to get back into a pool period. I've missed it these past few months of cold :)

Other random thoughts: Glad your elbow is feeling better! And glad that the tree fell in a way that was less destructive than it could have been, even if its a pain to deal with it. And yay for all the progress that you've made this past week! Way to kick ass like always :)

Thanks! You should definitely try climbing once your dizziness gets better, it's very fun!

*Sees all of the talk about Spreadsheets*

O.o

o.O

*backs away slowly*

O.O

o.o

._.

Haha, they're not going to eat you! Just record everything about you. That's not creepy at all. :)

Red1263:  I understand your fear of spreadsheets.  At first they are intimidating, but they are a paper lion.  An easy way to gain the proper perspective is to use them to wrap leftovers in:)

Mmmmm, leftovers. So tasty.

Woke up (on time!) today to the first day of my period. Blargh. So I did a random, do-what-I-feel-like workout today:

Doorway pistol squats: 8

Push-ups: 10

Attempted pull-ups: 1 (still stuck at eyes-under-bar)

Half pull-up with negative (negative only): 4(1)/3(2)/1(4)

Plank toe pull: 12

Deep step-ups, 3rd stair: 5/6

Decline push-ups: 8

Ring push-ups: 5

L-sit, bent knees: 30 sec

Rings: jump to inverted tuck, inverted extension, skin the cat, inverted tuck, lower through tuck front lever. 2x

Handstands: 3

Took a solid nap this afternoon, making lemon-marinaded chicken for dinner. Yum.

Hmmm.... are the endeavors of the spreadsheet crusade out to record all data in order to categorize and classify individuals into tidy boxes? Well I am generally disorganized and messy so... down with BIG BROTHER!

Oh yeah, nice progress Aeryn, keep up the good work.

Good to hear the tree didn't damage anything important!!

Also periods... hissssss

Glad to see you could get some exercises in though, looking mighty fine!!

I'm great at getting eyes over the bar, but hopeless at getting from the bottom to 90 degrees.  If we could just find a way to combine our two pull-ups into one....

I'm just going to go sit on a spreadsheet fence now, one far away from falling trees and pointy hats, to admire your awesomeness.

Woke up (on time!) today to the first day of my period. Blargh. So I did a random, do-what-I-feel-like workout today:

Took a solid nap this afternoon, making lemon-marinaded chicken for dinner. Yum.

Blargh! *giggles*

Lemon-marinaded chicken sounds AMAZING.

Did you try that chin-up? Did you get it? I ALMOST got it yesterday, got my chin up on the bar but I had to strain my neck for it so it doesn't count. But still, yay. How far do you reckon a chin-up is from a pull-up?

Looks like you are making great progress with your ring work!

I also wanted to stop by and thank you for linking Waldo's spreadsheet for me. It's made a huge difference, and it's only been one week!

Yesterday I tried to wrap some leftover soup in my spreadsheet, once again demonstrating the limitations of the "almighty" spreadsheet:)

Ah, see, we've found the problem, you're attempting to use the spreadsheet for things it's not suited to. Spreadsheets are for picnic food, and soup is clearly not a picnic food. Sandwiches, fruit, and brownies respond well to spreadsheet wrapping.

Hmmm.... are the endeavors of the spreadsheet crusade out to record all data in order to categorize and classify individuals into tidy boxes? Well I am generally disorganized and messy so... down with BIG BROTHER!

Oh yeah, nice progress Aeryn, keep up the good work.

Hahaha. Thanks!

Good to hear the tree didn't damage anything important!!

Also periods... hissssss

Glad to see you could get some exercises in though, looking mighty fine!!

I'm actually lucky in that I only feel horrible the first day of my period, but that one day is definitely hiss-worthy. Thanks!

I'm great at getting eyes over the bar, but hopeless at getting from the bottom to 90 degrees.  If we could just find a way to combine our two pull-ups into one....

I'm just going to go sit on a spreadsheet fence now, one far away from falling trees and pointy hats, to admire your awesomeness.

So together, we're one competent assassin. Awesome. Actually, I can do either the top half or the bottom half - but not both halves together, yet! Huh, that might be worth working on - pull up as far as I can, break, do the top half - and then try to make the break as short as possible...

Blargh! *giggles*

Lemon-marinaded chicken sounds AMAZING.

Did you try that chin-up? Did you get it? I ALMOST got it yesterday, got my chin up on the bar but I had to strain my neck for it so it doesn't count. But still, yay. How far do you reckon a chin-up is from a pull-up?

Lemony chicken is very tasty - and gives me leftovers for massive salads with chicken in them. :) And I did try the chin-up... and got stuck at eyes-just-under-bar, just like my pull-up. It's possible my biceps and triceps are pretty balanced right now, which would make the chin-up and the pull-up very close together in difficulty. That's supposedly the difference - chins use biceps more, and they're bigger, so should be stronger than your triceps.

Good workout! I have to stop putting off getting a set of rings

Get some! They are so fun.

Looks like you are making great progress with your ring work!

I also wanted to stop by and thank you for linking Waldo's spreadsheet for me. It's made a huge difference, and it's only been one week!

Thanks! And you're welcome - glad it's helping. I'm definitely finding it useful, too!

I'm with Lexophoenix thanking you for Waldo's spreadsheet.  My viking hat wouldn't have been anywhere near as awesome without it:)

It's true, Waldo's spreadsheet makes everything more awesome. See, you're beginning to see the light, I can tell.

Week 1 recap:

Pistols and Pull-ups, bodyweight workouts: 3/3, not quiiiiite there yet on the pull-up, pistols need more strength on the left and more flexibility on the right.

Handstands: 3/3 I'm so glad I'm working on these again, they make me happy every time I do one. No huge progress, just getting more comfortable in the balance.

Tracking: 7/7 Keeping track has gone really well - looks like I've got my maintenance calories well-established, time to up them a bit and bulk. Trying Waldo's caloric density method, I'm buying ice cream and milk today. :)

Wake up!: 6/7 I'm calling this pretty good success despite the one fail, since that wasn't actually a snooze-hitting fail, it was a "my alarm didn't go off!" fail. I'm trying to wake up at 6 every day so I've got a consistent wake time, but I'm still a bit adrift when I have an extra hour on non-workout mornings.

And have a random juggling video from club yesterday - moving patterns like this are some of my favorites.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10100660671745618

Lemony chicken is very tasty - and gives me leftovers for massive salads with chicken in them. :) And I did try the chin-up... and got stuck at eyes-just-under-bar, just like my pull-up. It's possible my biceps and triceps are pretty balanced right now, which would make the chin-up and the pull-up very close together in difficulty. That's supposedly the difference - chins use biceps more, and they're bigger, so should be stronger than your triceps.

Week 1 recap:

Pistols and Pull-ups, bodyweight workouts: 3/3, not quiiiiite there yet on the pull-up, pistols need more strength on the left and more flexibility on the right.

Handstands: 3/3 I'm so glad I'm working on these again, they make me happy every time I do one. No huge progress, just getting more comfortable in the balance.

Tracking: 7/7 Keeping track has gone really well - looks like I've got my maintenance calories well-established, time to up them a bit and bulk. Trying Waldo's caloric density method, I'm buying ice cream and milk today. :)

Wake up!: 6/7 I'm calling this pretty good success despite the one fail, since that wasn't actually a snooze-hitting fail, it was a "my alarm didn't go off!" fail. I'm trying to wake up at 6 every day so I've got a consistent wake time, but I'm still a bit adrift when I have an extra hour on non-workout mornings.

And have a random juggling video from club yesterday - moving patterns like this are some of my favorites.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10100660671745618

That juggling is amazing! :)

Looks like it was a great week! Well done! 

We're actually stuck on the same bit then, the bottom is going well, but the top part is.. well... 

We'll get there  :pride:

Nice work this week Aeryn! It's a great feeling getting more comfortable with a movement. Esp upside down... Funny how when we were kids being upside down was as normal as being right side up... when did that change again??

Croman Red, on 22 Apr 2013 - 11:46, said:snapback.png

I'm with Lexophoenix thanking you for Waldo's spreadsheet.  My viking hat wouldn't have been anywhere near as awesome without it:)

It's true, Waldo's spreadsheet makes everything more awesome. See, you're beginning to see the light, I can tell.

NOOOO!

Croman the Chaossin would never betray his fellow heretics... never heed the siren call of spreadsheet data and organization. 

SPreadsheets as hats and hats and t-shirts for the heretics!

I would have used one of Wolverine's spreadsheets, but he doesn't share:(  And Waldo's has neat colored squiggly lines!  Hey, can anybody figure out how to print one of these spreadsheets on toilet paper?  Just curious...