• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

"So you've failed." He tells me. It's not a question. His voice is void of emotion.

"Yes, sir." I reply to the floor. The proper formalities must be observed if honour is to be salvaged. My right arm is by my side, my left fist is pressed to my breast, and I am bent at the waist with my head tilted to the floor.

I have not been hidden to rise.

"That's too bad. It'll make this next part harder." I wait in silence, still looking at the floor. "You came to us years ago. Spoils of war. Your term of slavery ended and you refused to leave. You were no example of physical or mental perfection, and you still aren't. But you've improved enough that the elders have decided to give you a pass. Starting tomorrow, play time is over."

I'm stunned. I don't recall what I said or did in response but it must have been suitable, for I garnered no punishment.

When I first came into his service I was awestruck. Here was an example of everything I ever wanted to be: a great and honourable warrior, a respected scholar, fierce in combat, cunning in strategy and gentle in life. The kind of man respected equally by bitter enemies as by closest friends; a true Spartan Master. All through my slavery and beyond, looking at him was almost like seeing myself as I COULD be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well here we are, back for Challenge 7. The last challenge was a total wash. I lost a lot of good habits, even if I didn't loose much progress. Yet. So this challenge will be about rebuilding the habits I let slip.

Goal 1: Lights Out!

I've been unusually exhausted at this new job, so I'm going to try getting more sleep. Especially for the first two weeks of the challenge where I'm finishing my last 2 weeks of work (I'm already 2 weeks in. That's right, a month long stint at camp :)) before school. Lights Out by 2100hrs on work/school nights.

Goal 2: Get moving!

In order to ease back into a healthier life style, I will be getting up at 0400hrs to be mobile. The plan is to do a simple body weight workout, followed by stretching every morning. The idea is to get the habits back. So I won't be pushing too hard right off the hop. Also, this time I'll try remember to post more frequently in my Battle Log.

Goal 3: Fuel Up!

I've been eating like garbage lately. Fast food when I'm home, all kinds of carbs at work. So for this challenge, I'm going to get my diet squared away. I can't cut out carbs to the extent I used to, because otherwise I'd have very little to eat during the day, so I will eat no carbs at supper in an effort to keep my intake somewhat under control. I will also stop going for multiple helpings and dessert.

Life Goal: Go Inward, Find Your Centre.

I recently lost my temper and now my lap top is broken. My bad. So in an effort to master myself, I will be enjoying 15 minutes a day where I'm not reading, or checking on my tech. I suppose you could call it meditation. Either way, I'll be doing it for 15 minutes a day.

MY MAN! Back for round 7!!! HELL YEA, MOFO! I love that you're still keeping it simple but in the end your gonna reward yourself with total kickass results :) Good to see ya here, Church, lemme know if I can help you achieve these goal? I, too, have a sleep goal so we can always help each other there!

WOLF

Good to see you back on the horse! Those look like some solid goals, and it's great that you're modifying a bit to help get around the nature of your job. You'll kill it this challenge!

4am?  That's intense!  I wish I could be in bed by 9 and up at 4....I am working on getting up at 5:30 at the moment and that is still tough sometimes.  I also like your 15 minutes of "meditation" goal it's nice to just sit back and relax for a few moments.

I've gotten in the habit of the 0400 wake up call. Even on days off I'm up at 4. I go back to sleep, but still...

And I figure I'll be in school starting May 6 for 8 weeks, so now is a good time to REALLY hit the basics and firm up my foundation before I try expand my comfort zone.

Also, it's past 9pm. Good thing the challenge doesn't start till Monday. Lol.

Nice goals! Glad to see I'm not the only insane person who goes to bed at 9 :tongue:

Though to be fair I get up at 5am, not 4... I need my 8 hours haha.

I'm sure you can get back and do great this time around :D good luck!

I am also a 9pm bed timer!  Working at waking up earlier.  5:30 am today, and 7 am on weekends.  

How did you manage 4:00 am on day one Church?

Getting up at 0400 was a breeze. However, my cold made it difficult to get mobile before 0500. Which means I didn't get my morning warm up in. DEFINITELY have to hit it tomorrow. Other than that it was an alright day at work. The real struggle will be to stick only to meat and veggies for supper.

Well I missed my workout this morning. BUT I still got up on time. I managed to avoid the deep fried goodness for supper :) and dessert. And it's bed time in 15 minutes :)

Actually. It was easier for me to get up this morning, when I stayed up till 10. I'm gonna have to change my goal a bit. 9 is just not a realistic bed time. And that extra hour in bed really plays hell on my body.

Yeah. I can generally function pretty well with 6 hours or less. Often 4 or 5. On the up-side though, I got a workout in. I'll post it later. It was a fairly easy one, but still caused me some heavy breathing :)

Today's workout was one set of each of the following:

20 burpees: *

10 prisoner squat: *

10/10 pistol squats: *

6 handstand push ups: *

20 split jumps: *

RPoD: *

10/10 side lunge: *

20 push ups: *

The hardest part was actually doing it. Lol.

Tonight I caved and hit the deepfried selection HARD. But I'm going to let it slide, because I busted my hump at work today, and because I'm STILL 450+ calories shy on my daily allotment, according to MFP.

SPARTAN... what a great workout! You da man! Don't fret about the food brotha, it's just one meal, and your still human. Kick ass again tomorrow and get that meal back with something good for lunch :)

WOLF