• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The RPoD is the Rolling Plank of Doom, which basically is 9 planks: front - side 1 - back - side 2 - front - side 2 - back - side 1 - front.

I had it as one of my goals in my last challenge, it's absolutely awesome, deadly, but awesome!

(there's actually a video of me showing/explaining it somewhere on my last challenge thread if you're curious)

The RPoD is the Rolling Plank of Doom, which basically is 9 planks: front - side 1 - back - side 2 - front - side 2 - back - side 1 - front.

I had it as one of my goals in my last challenge, it's absolutely awesome, deadly, but awesome!

(there's actually a video of me showing/explaining it somewhere on my last challenge thread if you're curious)

Oh... oh... I'll... *runs away* :tongue:

That sounds intense! My core strength is non-existing, max plank I ever did was 30 seconds and it was killing me :tongue:

Oh... oh... I'll... *runs away* :tongue:

That sounds intense! My core strength is non-existing, max plank I ever did was 30 seconds and it was killing me :tongue:

Hahaha! It's really fun and totally helps. You should try ;)

I only do it as 5 planks. I'm thinking of making it 6. I'll start with a Side plank, drop into a Front plank, go up into a Side plank, and then do 2 One leg reverse planks. All for a minute a piece. And I'm thinking of doing the front plank as 2-1 minute single leg planks, back to back.

Also, how does a guy with what looks to be pretty solid washboard abs have no core strength? The idea seems incongruous. Lol :)

And I hear ya on only being human, but it's been happening far too often this last month or so. How am I going to overcome gravity when I can't even overcome the French fries? Lol.

Now on to today:

Woke up at 0400,'sick as I've been in a long time. Chest congested, throat hurts, nose is stuffed. So I just laid in bed to meditate (read: couldn't quite fall asleep, but desperately wanted to. Lol)

So I called in sick for work today and I'll do some fun stuff instead. I'll look over my school books, read some more out of Crown of Swords (book 7 of the Wheel of Time) retool my workout because I'm not quite satisfied with it, and maybe even turn on the tv and watch some discovery channel. Assuming I can figure out how the darn thing works. Lol.

Are you doing 10 pistol reps in straight sets?

If so thats a pretty high number. Pretty rare to find people that can straight set (as in doing all reps on a single leg continuously) into the double digits.

Looking back on it I wish I would have given that milestone more fanfare.

Yeah. That's typically how I do things. Generally I find that they're really easy, except for that I feel I can't get low enough if I do them freestanding. They also take longer because ,y balance leaves a bit to be desired. Although it IS getting better.

Also, how does a guy with what looks to be pretty solid washboard abs have no core strength? The idea seems incongruous. Lol :)

IT'S THE FRENCH FRIES!  They are like nasty worms that chew through your stomach and eat away at your core.  While your abs look good on the outside, it's pretty nasty on the inside.

Thank about that every time you go to eat something fried.

Dang man, sorry to hear about waking up the way ya did!! I hate those kind of mornings.. or days..or weeks. I pray for a speedy recovery! How's the book, bro? I've heard great things about the series :)

WOLF

I am thoroughly enjoying the series. Even if the vast majority of the female characters seem to exist solely to muddle up the story and get in the way. Honestly, the 14 book series could have been a lot closer to a trilogy if even some of the women characters would just stop talking and listen to reason from time to time. It's kind of how in the Bourne series, he's cruising around all undercover-badass type guy trying to kill this Carlos fella, and his woman (Marie?) who know all about what he's trying to do, runs out screaming his name and totally screws everything up.

But for the most part, they're enjoyable and thoroughly engrossing books and I highly recommend them. I suspect you'd especially like the character Perrin Aybarra ;)

Onto today:

Like I said, was sick this morning, so I took a day off work. Ate some left over (9) chicken strips for breakfast, finally just got motivated to do a set of my workout, but opted to skip the 20 push ups at the end. I was feeling pretty weak. Possibly because I don't typically eat for athletic performance. I'll need to get on changing that. Any way, this is the workout:

20 burpees: *

10 prisoner squat: *

10/10 side lunge: *

6 handstand push ups: *

10/10 pistol squats:

20 split jumps: *

RPoD: !

The reason the RPoD got a ! Instead of a * is because I did it super badass style. I started with a right side plank, dropped into a right leg from plank, then into a left leg front plank, then into a left side plank, then into a left leg reverse plank, then into a right leg reverse plank. All back-to-back and for sets of 60 seconds.

My form got a little sloppy on the front planks, and a little to the end of the reverse planks, but let me tell you, even if my body isn't at 100% right now (I'm at about 75-80%), my heart was 100% Spartan! AH-ROO! AH-ROO! AH-ROO!

Now it's shower time, then I'll head to the mess hall for some soup or sammiches or something.

I'm impressed at that workout, especially when you're not feeling good. I turn into a giant baby and spend my time whining on the couch when I get sick, so way to go at pushin' through it!!

That's what I was doing. But I woke up at 0400 and laid around until after 1300, I HAD to get mobile for a bit. And since I'm taking a sick day today, work was out of the question. Lol. Thanks for the kudos though :)

Yeaa, great workout, Church! Way to get one in anyways bubba. I looked up Perrin and I have to say, I think he would probably be my favorite character, lol. He sounds like a mega badass...and I'm jealous that his eyes turned golden in color and it made him more wolf like... TOTALLY JEALOUS! i may get into the series just because of him! Thanks for the tip, sir :)

WOLF

I always find that a hard core workout/sweat fest, then hot hot shower, and a ton-o-food helps a lot when I am sick!   I hope it helped and you got some good sleep as well to help recoup.

Still feeling like cramp today. Got up this morning, late for my workout, but just in time to get breakfast and pack a lunch, and saw that it was snowing. First thought: "I took the wrong damn day off!"

So I missed my workout this morning. And I also overate by 1000 calories today. The fries and cheese burger I had for dessert weren't even that good :(

On the up side though, I was spark watch for a welder today, so I got LOADS of time to sit quietly and not do stuff.

Still feeling like cramp today. Got up this morning, late for my workout, but just in time to get breakfast and pack a lunch, and saw that it was snowing. First thought: "I took the wrong damn day off!"

Good to know it's not just here where spring means "here, have some more snow"

So I missed my workout this morning. And I also overate by 1000 calories today. The fries and cheese burger I had for dessert weren't even that good :(

On the up side though, I was spark watch for a welder today, so I got LOADS of time to sit quietly and not do stuff.

Snow? Ugh, that would make me grumpy.

It was profoundly irritating. It'd hit the rack and instantly melt and drip on us. And the ground wasn't even close to frozen, so it was muddy as all get out.

No workout. Alarm went off at 0400 and I felt like crap, so I reset it for 0500. I can't wait for Monday. Come Monday I'm off for 2 weeks before school. I need the rest!

No workout. Alarm went off at 0400 and I felt like crap, so I reset it for 0500. I can't wait for Monday. Come Monday I'm off for 2 weeks before school. I need the rest!

I really still can't believe you have to get up at 4am...!

I hope you feel better :)