• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Agreed, that's an awesome workout. And I'm glad to see you sounding so positive and enthusiastic about it again, it's amazing what a change of environment can do for a funk. I'm always surprised at how well I do after a prolonged 'break' from working out, though my cardio goes down the tubes right quick if I don't run regularly. I think some of it is you feel good to be getting back at it so you give it your all, and some of it is your body needed a break and is fully recovered and ready to go.

I'll have to look up this 'tick tock' exercise. I'm always interested in new core exercises to try out, climbing has really propelled that part of me forward quickly.

Edit: A quick google showed me a whole bunch of different things referred to as 'tick tock', some of them easy and some of them not so much. I'm guessing your version is one of the hard ones, since you're already pretty bad-ass and I can't imagine you could only do one of the easy version... Do you know of a video/description of your version I could have a look at?

Edited by obax

Hell yes!!!! So glad you get to enjoy some much needed days off, brotha! Good little "get-back-in-the-groove" workout, and loving the fact you're busting out the spartan armor again. Thank goodness your ass hasn't exploded, sir, that wouldn't be a pretty site to see... especially for the Spartan women...they might frown upon that! Lol. Good to see your spirits have been lifted since regaining life composure and getting quality rest :)

Eff that $200 ticket...eff it sideways!

WOLF

@chris: thanks luv :)

@obax: the tick-tock is where you grab the bar, and get yourself into a sort of tuck lever, with your legs straight up and then make your legs swing left and right before dropping down to a dead hang. That's 1 rep. I used to be able to do 3-4 if I REALLY pushed it. But now I can do 1 and only 1. But ill improve.

@Wolf: yes sir, a change of pace was very needed! I'm so glad to be home. The only bad part is that I'm indecisive about what to do! And the Spartan Ladies don't tend to notice me. Which is usually good. Because its WAY harder to stick your foot in your mouth (on of my specialties) if no one knows you're there. Lol.

Managed 10 hours of sleep last night! I feel pretty good. So I'll throw on the Armour right away and go for a run. Or maybe take it into town and run on the track, that way I know for sure how far I'm going. Maybe I'll try do 5k 0.o and then I gotta try not to spend too much money. I need new shades (I'm having a TOUGH time not blowing $300 on a pair of oakleys), and some new clothes (now that I'm not working, I need new civvies), and I'm looking at trading (or selling) my car and getting a truck. So maybe I'll shop around a bit for that. Get some idea what's out there.

Hopefully my finger gets better soon so I can climb again.

Managed 10 hours of sleep last night! I feel pretty good. So I'll throw on the Armour right away and go for a run. Or maybe take it into town and run on the track, that way I know for sure how far I'm going. Maybe I'll try do 5k 0.o and then I gotta try not to spend too much money. I need new shades (I'm having a TOUGH time not blowing $300 on a pair of oakleys), and some new clothes (now that I'm not working, I need new civvies), and I'm looking at trading (or selling) my car and getting a truck. So maybe I'll shop around a bit for that. Get some idea what's out there.

Hopefully my finger gets better soon so I can climb again.

Well that's a change! Wow! You must feel awesome!

Good luck on your run and on being reasonable! :P

They better be prescription for $300! We'll definitely have to work out a schedule of some kind to get to the gym starting next week. Gotta keep busy!

Well. I didn't have 5k in me. I did, however, have 2.5k in the tank. Time was 16:32. Not good, but I AM wearing my Armor :)

You did push your hardest so don't beat yourself up + 16:32 isn't bad at all!

Nope. They're oakleys. Which basically makes them magic or something. Lol.

Today's workout was like this: run 2.5k with my Armour on: 16:32. 10 24" box jumps with armour on. 4 pull ups with armour on. Some ring work. Hung upside down from rings and dropped into tuck lever, returned to start. Did this 7 times. Same with back tuck lever.

Now I'm gorging on food.

Also, Remoth. I'm TOTALLY down for working out. Maybe we can bring your cousin. Add some meat to those bones! Lol.

Today's workout was like this: run 2.5k with my Armour on: 16:32. 10 24" box jumps with armour on. 4 pull ups with armour on. Some ring work. Hung upside down from rings and dropped into tuck lever, returned to start. Did this 7 times. Same with back tuck lever.

Now I'm gorging on food.

Also, Remoth. I'm TOTALLY down for working out. Maybe we can bring your cousin. Add some meat to those bones! Lol.

Sounds like a pretty awesome and insane workout!! Well done!!

Sweet workout bro! Yah we are gonna have to convince him to do some strength training. Beef him up some. I'd like to see what he can deadlift. Lol. You know, after I find out what I can first. Haha.

I'll challenge you after we figure of what you guys can lift, we'll see who can add more to theirs in a set time period.

hell yah! Sounds like a freakin plan! What gym would you suggest? NAIT is close to all of us.

Now I'm gorging on food.

Awesome!! How heavy is the armor you're wearing?

And 2.5k in 16:32 blows my mind :tongue:

I ran (jogged?) a 2.5k once after training A LOT and I could run for 16 min straight... then I had to walk and then run some more, before getting 2.5k at all. I think my time was 21+ min or so? But that was years ago.

Either way I'm always impressed what all you runners manage to do :D

I AM AN IDIOT!

I forgot to stretch. Now my lower legs are killing me! Damn!

Baahahahaha!   Ooops did I just laugh out loud?!  I hate when I forget to stretch!  Such a killer.  Hope you remember today!  Feel better!! :D

@kibcy: the Armour is 40lbs. My goal is to do basic calisthenics (running, push-ups, pull ups, etc.) with the Armour on. I can probably do rows with it as well, but not handstand push ups. Once I get better at them I'll have to switch to overhead presses with the barbell. Or maybe I'll do that anyway ;)

@riot and elder: ok. Maybe not an idiot, but DEFINITELY a noob mistake. Lol. Also, that's always been my strategy is to say "I'm kinda dumb, and good looking, and socially awkward, and don't really dress that well, etc." then the worse anyone else can say is "well he knows..." Lol.

@CR: no I do not. I always mean to, but somehow I never do. Lol.

I'm not sure what the brand is. It's a 40 lbs. weight vest. I call it my Spartan Armour :D I bought it from Sport Check. Or maybe Sportsmart. I'm not too sure.

Today's workout had high points and low points. High point: ran 4 laps (4.4laps= 1km) in 4:05

Low point: being interrupted by a class of housewives who wanted to use the pull up bar/rings area to do their hops and lunges. Apparently the average Canadian housewife isn't happy unless she's screwing with everyone else's day.

However, I DID get one circuit in. Aside from the running, I did 10 each of front and back tuck levers. I started by hanging upside down and then dropped into the tuck and then pulled back into hanging vertical. It was INTENSE on the arms and chest.

Then I did 7 pull ups, 10 handstand push ups, and 10 leg raises with the rings, I did my best to support myself rather than hang like I usually do.

This was just a screw around workout. Tonight I'll have to plan out a workout and hit it hard tomorrow. Possibly avoid upper body altogether and pick up the slack on the lower body/core.

Holy crap that's a fast run!!! :o

And sorry to hear about the stupid housewives :( But I have to admit reading your "Canadian housewife isn't happy unless she's screwing with everyone else's day" sentence totally made me laugh!! (sorry!)

Your workout sounds like a crazily intense one! Wow! Well done!!

Can't wait to hear what you come up with tomorrow :)

How rude!!!  Silly women, you should have roared and beat your chest until they all ran away crying.

Why to move on and have an intense "screw around workout"!