• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Just so long as you meet up at the Bier Garten afterwards...

Haha it took me a minute to figure out what that was...I was like "I've never heard of this place before.  I wonder if it's close to the event grounds?"

DUH!!!!

Church:  Needing something to train for.  I hear you.  Always been my downfall.  Its like "ok, that's a wrap, where's the beer?"  Lately I've discovered pain.  If it hurts (in a healthy way) do it.  If it hurts a lot, do it a lot.  Not sure about the longevity of this strategy, but so far its got me doing things I never thought I could.  Your Spartan race is going to hurt.  Probably a lot.  And then you will really feel alive.  So you will do it again.  Cause next time you can do even better, and feel even more alive.  Its a viscous cycle that leads to excellence.  And bier gartens with buddies:)  So embrace the madness!  (And bring spreadsheets to towel off with afterwards.  Check with Wolverine, he should have a few extra laying around:)

Today's workout:

Jog 6 laps to warm up, no time.

Jog 6 laps.

2 minutes on a rope climbing machine thing.

4 laps.

40m plank crawl.

4laps.

10 pull-ups (in 60 seconds)

4 laps.

50m box push.

1 lap sandbag carry.

There's more that she had planned out for me, but we ran out of time, and I was running on fumes. Had literally nothing left in the tank. Workout took an hour. And I was pretty generous with rest times. Although I did manage 5k worth of running.

Note: this WILL NOT be a regular thing. I'm not in good enough shape to sustain these kinds of workouts often. So I will do it probably every 2 weeks as a bench mark.

My regular routine will include such classics as HIIT, distance running, Tabata, dead lifts, squats, pull ups, push ups, overhead presses, rows, 6 minute rolling planks, dragon flags, and other core work. But all that will be spread throughout the week.

I think I'm gonna start jogging 5k in the morning. I'll walk as much as I have to until I get my cardio back, but I will do 5k every day. And once I can do it consistently I'll wear my vest when I run.

According to the website a competitive time would be 30 minutes. I'm nowhere NEAR that yet. But I wanna be as competitive as I can.

Holy cow, when I do this, I will officially be an athlete.... 0.o

IM IN PAIN!!!!!

In the good way. It's been a long time since I e worked hard enough to feel it. Today so far I did a 5k run in 33:19, the first 2.5k was done in a little over 14 minutes and done with no walking. And later today I'm going to the gym with Remoth, where I expect to do some deadlifts, overhead presses, squats, and core work. And maybe some Tabata. I need my cardio back! NOW!! Lol.

That's the way to do it! You are putting spartan warriors to shame! I'm pretty excited to be heading to the gym again. Get at some real weights find out my PRs!

IT HURTS!!!!!

Went to the gym with Remoth and his cousin. PR'd on Squats. Twice. WHAT!?

That's right. I weigh about 170 lbs. I squatted 185 for 10 reps (after a 10 rep warm up at 135). Then, just for poops, I did 3 reps at 225. I. AM. SPARTAN!!!!

AHH-ROOO. AHH-ROOO! AHH-ROOO!!

Also, I'm still SORE from the running the last two days. I didn't get to PR in dead lifts. I had nothing left by the time we got to dead lifts.

Well the next few days will be big on the meditation front. Had my wisdom teeth (4) cracked out today and as a result, my chin and lower lip are still numb. It's a distressing, frustrating and eerie feeling. Attempting to eat soup right now. It'd be a lot easier if my lower lip had feeling in it. So I'll take a few rest days and get back on the wagon in a few days.

Well the next few days will be big on the meditation front. Had my wisdom teeth (4) cracked out today and as a result, my chin and lower lip are still numb. It's a distressing, frustrating and eerie feeling. Attempting to eat soup right now. It'd be a lot easier if my lower lip had feeling in it. So I'll take a few rest days and get back on the wagon in a few days.

Ow, feel better soon. Good plan to take it easy

WOOOHOOO!!!!!! I have close to full feeling back in my face! (Upwards of 90%) the pain is painful, obviously, but not unbearable.

I had 3 cans of soup and one bottle of ensure meal replacement. My stomach feels fine. And I'm not hungry, I don't have any of the hungry/thirsty sensations, but at the same time I have this instinctive feeling like I need more nutrients in me. It's weird.

Church out.

The teeth aren't so bad. I'm aware of them, and there's discomfort, but very little pain. I won't be demolishing steak anytime soon, but I'm feeling really well. I don't even need Advil to keep the pain manageable and it's stopped bleeding. I'm especially happy that I've regained 100% feeling in my face. It took FOREVER for the freezing to come out and that feeling was even worse than the pain in my jaw.

Thanks for the well wishes! This spartan should be back in action in a few days :)

Well I talked to my dentist today, and working out is off the table for the next week or so. I'm not bedridden though, so I can maybe work on some new movements, as long as I keep them low intensity. Maybe I'll work on the sticking point for the kong vault (the part where I have to bring my legs between my arms. Other wise known at the whole kong vault. Lol)

Your wisdom teeth surgery has been pretty awesome so far:)  How are your energy levels?  I'm thinking pretty good if you're thinking about doing kongs.  Maybe some light left/right side vaults to stay loose instead?  I'm thinking less chance of a faceplant...

Ouch.  Get better man.  Enjoy your little health imposed break.  Plenty of time to get back at things once you're healed.

I'm enjoying the down time so far. Got to do a bunch of reading, and tonight I went and saw Iron Man 3 with Remoth. It was awesome! I highly recommend the flick. No details, but I hope the don't end it now that it's a trilogy.

I. Wants. MOAR!!!

I had my wisdom teeth all yanked at the same time too, it was not fun, but it got it over with. I ate a lot of iced cream and watched a lot of tv in the first few days, but it didn't take too long to start feeling better. I wish you a speedy recovery, we can both join Wolverine (in spirit) for the 'I Have to Do Something or Go Crazy' light workouts. Just be glad you're allowed to look at things :)