• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

@chris: it was pretty intense, but poorly balanced, I'll have to rectify that and start heading in with a plan again. Lol.

@elder: in hindsight I should have found my inner Spartan and shouted "This is no place to hold class! This- is- SPARTA!!!" :D

I can't wait for tomorrow's workout. I AM going to squat and dead lift if I have to throw a small child over my shoulders. Lol. And maybe I'll bring the Armour for a run and box jump. The trick going forward will be to grab hold of my manhood and get 3 sets in. I have tons of time. All I gotta do is GIT 'ER DONE!

My workout? I'm thinking Squats, dead lifts, Spartan box jumps and running, some ring work (I really like the rings) and some dragon flags.

My workout? I'm thinking Squats, dead lifts, Spartan box jumps and running, some ring work (I really like the rings) and some dragon flags.

Sounds awesome though I don't know what dragon flags are...

I'm glad to see you've got that old enthusiasm back. That's one hell of a workout, I'm sure you'll kill it! 

Alright. The workout I'm hoping for, in no particular order, is this:

Spartan run:

Spartan jumps:

Dead lifts:

Squats:

Ring work (L-sit, tuck planche, tuck front lever, tuck back lever):

Dragon flags:

I'm hopeful that I can get everything I need. If not I'll have to do some more plyometric leg work to make sure I get a good lower body burn.

The workout didn't go down like I hoped. Mostly because I got hurt. Nothing major but I biffed a Spartan Box Jump and messed up my shin pretty good. There's some blood, and a good sized lump, and some skin that's all screwed up but not bleeding, and throbbing. It's a good time.

What I learned: Attempting to achieve a new altitude of box jumps with a weight vest on is not such a good idea. I did ok on the first 7 jumps but I didn't quite get the right foot up high enough on the 8th attempt. I think I should have just kept to Squat Jumps.

I'd upload pics but I don't know how. Lol.

Well I'm in it now. I just signed up for the Spartan Sprint in June. I'll begin training in the morning. Which reminds me. Bed time!

Man that sucks, I've definitely eaten it doing box jumps, fortunately it was mostly just my pride that go wounded. I was also doing them on those step thingys with the square risers and, more importantly, nice rounded edges, if I'd been doing them on the metal boxes that I should have been using it probably would've been a lot more spectacular.

But yay for the Spartan Run. I don't have a clear idea of what that is, exactly, but it sounds bad-ass and probably fun. It's great to have something like that to shoot for!

Hey man, good to see ya kickin butt again and bringing out your inner Leonidas! Sorry about the box jump mishap, dude, I know how that feels and it sucks ass! Keep up the positiveness and "go-get em" attitude!! 

WOLF

@chris: leg is fine. Just bruised and scraped. Luckily mama's an ex EMT, so whenever I hurt myself she slaps my hands away and fixes it properly. Lol :) I'm in good hands. And besides, it's just a little scratch.

@obax: it sucks. I wasn't using the metal frame platforms, I was using the wooden box, turned on its side. On the upside, I was able to nail 32" box jumps 7 times with my vest on! :D

A Spartan Sprint is a 5km obstacle course. They have rope climbs, wall climbs, tire flips, mud pits, monkey bars, peg walls, etc. It looks like it'll be super intense, and one of those things I'll hate myself for chickening out on.

@CR: Scars heal, glory fades and all we're left with are the memories made. Pain hurts, but only for a minute. Life is shirt, so go on and live it 'cuz the chicks dig it!

Also, no. I don't know how they work or how to make one.

@Wolf: It's my own fault. My head kept telling me it was a bad idea, and I biffed it a few times before I final,y hurt myself. Guess I need to learn to trust my judgment. Lol. But sometimes you gotta cross the line to know where it is!

And as for the go get me attitude, this just fits with my training philosophy. I've always had something to train for, and now that I've reached my goal weight and have gotten reasonably fit, the superficial is no longer enough to keep me motivated. So now I have something to train for.

@obax: it sucks. I wasn't using the metal frame platforms, I was using the wooden box, turned on its side. On the upside, I was able to nail 32" box jumps 7 times with my vest on! :D

A Spartan Sprint is a 5km obstacle course. They have rope climbs, wall climbs, tire flips, mud pits, monkey bars, peg walls, etc. It looks like it'll be super intense, and one of those things I'll hate myself for chickening out on.

See, a bright side to everything! And that's about what I imagined a Spartan run might be like. I'd love to do one of those one day, a few of my friends have done something like that and said it was tonnes of fun. I'm a ways away from that, though. Maybe once I've passed the police test, that'll be my next goal.

Ooohhh!  I am in a Spartan Sprint this summer too!  It will be my second one and I am determined to be in much better shape than last year.  I love them, they are so fun.  I just wish they had them closer to where I live.  

I am sure you will get those box jumps down one day just keep at it!