Move your bones: Re-animator's challenge

re-animator

Ok, I'm a little nervous about doing a challenge but I'm also excited about it... So here we go:

Goal #1: Body

Run five km in intervals

I'm, not a runner and while I like running, this is going to be the toughie

steps to take:

-get out 3-4 times a week

-stick with the interval plan suggested in the running thread

-record the time it took and how long the intervals were 

Goal #2: Mouth

Go fully Paleo 

Steps to take:

-stop buying non-Paleo foods

-find a number of Paleo recipies that can be prepared quickly and easily 

-keep a food log 

Goal #3: Spirit 

Practice mindful meditiation everyday

This could be intersesting, I really need to calm myself down and stop stressing, but I don't want to regement the meditation since I want to enjoy it and not make it a chore. Steps:

- learn to meditate properly

-take time everyday 

-keep record of my stress levels  and when I meditated each day

Goal #4: Body (again):

Do 3 repetitions of 30 push ups and crunches (maybe more)

Steps to take:

-work out 3 to 4 times a week

-start with 3 repetitions of 10 push ups and crunches 

-work up slowly to avoid injury 

-record the numbers

-possibly exceed the goal I set

Sides:

These are optional and a little hard to measure, but they're here as a reminder

Family:

-communicate more with the family, call at least once a week and e-mail at least two ro three times a week

F***

-Stop swearing, try paying attention to the words I'm using; desperate measures might need me keeping tally of when I swear the most and possibly using an elastic band to stop me swearing

Bookworm:

-read a novel every week (depending on work schedule this might have to upped to 2 weeks), write down the titles and small synopsis of the book

Level 1 Gnoll.  Druid at heart, training with the Scouts

STR 3|DEX 1|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

Good? Evil? Let's just say I'm chaotic stupid 

Great-looking goals! :) 

If you haven't yet, check out the c25k app... I used it at the suggestion of several others here when starting out, (after being skeptical at first) and LOVED it. It took the stress off of how hard I should push myself, let me listen to my own music, and the voice would just tell me when to walk and when to jog. The intervals and the math to progress was all done for me! ...and the magical people who built it knew how to push me as far as I could go, but not OVER the edge! FABULOUS!

Ok... that's my plug! ;) Good luck with your goals! 

Level 1 Centaur Scout / Ranger

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Accountability Spreadsheet   Current challenge

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

~Earl Nightingale

Ok the c25k thing sounds cool, I'm going to check it out.

Gyro, I'm totally sure what % Paleo I am right now; the only grain based food I really eat  pasta and that's about 4 meals a week. I'm preparing to finish up my pasta by tuesday at the latest, maybe sooner if I can give it to the roomies. 

I'm feeling pretty good about making the change tp Paleo as I have carnivorous tendencies, have family members who are gluten intolerant and because I'm almost positive I'm going lactose intolerant.  

I'm derp, just realised that I didn't assign the attribute points for my goals.

Here they are:

Goal #1

+2 sta, +2 dex (does dex work here, I mean I'm hoping to get more agile) 

Goal #2

+3 con 

Goal #3

+2 con, +2 cha (if I'm not stressed and angry, I'll be nicer, so this works)

Goal #4

+4 str

I think this looks ok, but if anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Great goals, best of luck!

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Goal #1:

Didn't run today

Goal #2

Breakfast: tea and an apple 

Lunch: scrambled eggs with chopped chicken and water

Dinner: veggie stirfry, water

Also drank a lot more tea during the day

Goal #3

Tried to meditate or at least relax, but kept getting distracted by all that I had to do. Not impressed with myself, I really need to learn to chill out. 

Goal #4

added 3 reps of 10 push ups and crunches into the 20 min work out. Felt pretty good, and am going to stick there for maybe a week, maybe less before increasing

Minor goals:

-talked to my parents and texted little sis

-didn't really talk to anyone today; so there was not a lot of chances for me to swear 

-don't have enough time to read right now

Goal #3

Tried to meditate or at least relax, but kept getting distracted by all that I had to do. Not impressed with myself, I really need to learn to chill out. 

chilling out is hard, isn't it?!  My mind tends to wonder easily.  I will be super connected and then all the sudden making a grocery list in my head!

Scout

Battle Log - Accountability-Tracking-Training Worksheets

1st Challenge - 2nd Challenge - 3rd Challenge

"He must become greater; I must become less.†John 3:30

Goal #1: 

Didn't run 

Goal #2:

Breakfast: tea

Lunch: carrot soup and water

Dinner: carrot soup and water 

(wasn't feeling so hot today, so I didn't eat all that much)

Goal #3:

Can't turn off my frigging brain, I'm  trying to relax and cool off; but almost immediately I start stressing out again. 

Goal #4:

eased up on the work out today; but included the 3 reps of 10 and 4 reps of 30 second supermans. 

I don't think I'm going to be doing all that well, until exams are over. 

I don't think I'm going to be doing all that well, until exams are over.

WRONG!! you can do awesome!, may not fulfill your goals as you laid them, but you can certainly do the best you can do with the resources at hand, if time (or a clear mind) is scarce this time, so be it, if you still manage to do SOME work towards your goal, You. Win.

Just do your best, ok?

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

The most important thing I've learned doing these challenges is that sometimes I fail, others I kick all kinds of behind. But what's more valuable is that with each challenge and each goal, I learn where I am strong and where I need more work. 

Just do the best you can. Don't let fear of failure paralyze you.

Thanks guys

Goal #1

Didn't run

Goal #2

Lunch: veggie soup

Dinner: omlette

Goal #3

spent about 30 mins trying to relax myself; just focused on breathing and body position, I managed to cool down a little and felt better after

Goal #4

Didn't do my normal work out, but took study breaks about every hour to two hours that involved doing push ups, crunches and supers to keep the blood flowing to my brain   

Didn't manage to post last day; so here's yesterday's and today's 

Yesterday

Goal #1

Didn't run

Goal #2

Lunch: veggie soup and water

Dinner: veggie soup and water

Goal #3

didn't have time

Goal #4

didnt' have time

Today:

Goal #1

Jogged, forgot about the C25K until I got back. It felt good to get out; though I kept panicking thinking that I should be studying, then my brain kicked in and said "screw it, you need to be healthy if you're even going to have a chance of passing anything."

Goal #2

Breakfast: tea and eggs

Lunch: sushi (chicken terri roll) its not paleo, but it's the most paleo thing on the campus sushi menu, water

Dinner: roast, mashed yams, stewed strawberries, water

Goal #3

meditated for about twenty minutes; managed to get out of the horrible mindset and into something a little more relaxed

Goal #4

didn't work out, but did the push ups, crunches and supers as study breaks

Good for you for taking the chance to break out of textbook-jail to go for a run!!! I find my brain's clearer afterwards! My head gets pretty murky pretty quickly when I hit the books without a plan for breaks... Push through, keep doing your study break blasts, and good luck on the exams!!

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Accountability Spreadsheet   Current challenge

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

~Earl Nightingale

Goal #1

Jogged, forgot about the C25K until I got back. It felt good to get out; though I kept panicking thinking that I should be studying, then my brain kicked in and said "screw it, you need to be healthy if you're even going to have a chance of passing anything."

Good for you!  Running always helps me clear my mind and relax.  For me, running is my zone-out time and stress release.  The endorphins provide a great pick-me-up too!  I am always able to focus better after a workout.  Good luck!  keep at it!

Scout

Battle Log - Accountability-Tracking-Training Worksheets

1st Challenge - 2nd Challenge - 3rd Challenge

"He must become greater; I must become less.†John 3:30

Goal #1

did have time to run

Goal #2

Lunch: left over roast and yams

Dinner: same as lunch

Goal #3

Tried to meditate, but didn't work; I was too keyed up today

Goal #4

did the 20 min work out with added push ups, crunches and supers

2 exams down; three to go

Ok, exams are over now; I swear i'm going to be getting back into my challenge. Also realised just how unhealthy I am about exams; I really need to destress, actually eat and get out of my room. 

Yesterday was the trip back home, we got home late, but I did manage to get a good 45 minute walk in

Today

Goal #1

Walked a combined total of one and a half hours split between two walks (one was a creek walk so it sort of counts as balance too). Am also plainning on a 10k bike ride once it cools off a little

Goal #2

Breakfast: strawberries, chicken and pepper omlette and tea

Lunch: vegtable curry, deer sausage and water

Dinner: carrot soup, salad and water

Goal #3

Am feeling very relaxed today, it's probably the combination of being finished exams and the fact that I'm tired. I'm going to try to meditate before bed tonight

Goal #4

Didn't work out today

Extras:

I don't have to worry about communication since I'm home for a week

I'm still swearing, but am trying like crazy to not swear in front of the family

started re-reading Headhunter by Michael Slade

Glad your exams are behind you! I loved it when, for better or worse, they were done and I didn't have to worry about them any more! It was like I could suddenly see in color again when the world had been black and white!

Yay for getting up and active again! Reward all that studying with some good sweat! ;)

~Earl Nightingale

Well I pushed too hard during exams as it turns out; I got home, had two days of being healthy and then I went down hard with a chest infected of some kind; so I lost a lot of ground. I'm doing better now and am finally off the cough syrup I had to take; I'm really behind in my goals, but will start again tomorrow.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines