Healing In The Darkness

Eirlys

Thanks substix & surge!

My op is now on Thursday but my mind will still be full tomorrow as I have an interview from 10-1, a meeting with another company at 2.30, a phone interview with a third at 4pm and possibly another phone interview with a fourth company later tomorrow evening!  Urgh!

At least tonight is the last injection - yay! :)

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Wow! You are really kicking butt with the job search. 

We'll all be waiting anxiously to hear how it goes on Thursday! We'll send positive vibes through the ether (or the internet, whichever works best)

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Yay for nomoreinjectionness.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Thanks Doug & 18ck!

I still managed to screw up the last injection by cutting my finger on the glass capsule I had to snap open (how user unfriendly is that?!) but it's over and done with now.

And some positive news on the job front - I had two offers this morning, and my afternoon phone interview went amazingly so am really pleased about that too :)

At the start of the latter, the interviewer asked me to rate my programming skills on a scale of 1-5, so I said 4.  At the end of the interview he told me that if anyone ever asked me that again, I should say 5!  :D :D

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Facebook

:^)

Great about the job, but yeah, interviews are no place for modesty!

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Next time say 6!

Agree!

Kev, such good news on the job front.  See i had so much faith in you and it wasn't misplaced. 

Good luck today.  Seriously holding thumbs for you.  Hugs xxx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

lol!  I was saying 4 because I didn't think I was that good, even though people keep telling me I know more than I think!  It's good when it's an independent objective person says so, tho! :)

And thanks for all your supportive messages :)

The op was ok, I'll know how successful in the next couple of weeks, but I was in quite a bit of pain & ended up having to stay in & put on a drip due to low blood pressure (it was 102/51 when they measured it).

Positive things from today:

- I managed to swallow a medium-sized antibiotic tablet whole.  This is the biggest tablet I've ever done in my life so REEEEEALLY HAPPY!!!  One day maybe I'll be like normal people.

- The doctor doing my operation said I was thin, and that she could feel my bone.  This is despite me being 2 or 3kg more than I want to be and feeling like a complete lazy bloated whale at the moment!  Maybe I need to adjust my self-image some, but it's hard to!

- the general anaesthetic worked just as it's rumoured to, and I'm still alive!!

Less good thing:

- got put on antibiotics and initially in quite a lot of pain!

-- Facebook

Mm, the news has been a bit concerning today though, eh? I don't know about you but ive been feeling myself and looking for bulges that might be discarded swabs, scalpels, ECG machines, nurses, etc.

Anyway, glad you're well and on the mend. I hope the results come back as success.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks 18ck & surge!  I'm out of pain & just on a few much less scary meds.  I'll have an idea in a couple of weeks whether it's done any good but I'm not feeling optimistic at this stage.

On a better note, tonight is decision night on the job front!  I turned down one offer, halted a final round with a very cool company (but sadly not quite the job I'd like) and have two offers to choose between.  I'm greedy - I want both jobs!!

Very hard to assess what criteria I should be basing the decision on, they're approximately equal on many scales & both offered me the salary I wanted.  

- One has a better benefits package, is next to an awesome gym at an amazing super-low price per month, & is on my doorstep, so I'd save 250 hours and £1000 a year in a better commute.

- The other is probably more exciting work & strategically better on the CV, and in an industry I've always thought would be up my street.

How do you choose?!!!! :D  (Okay, I know, nice problem to have!  But any tips welcomed!)

Edit: just checked the gym classes and they have my favourite, Body Combat!!

-- Facebook

*raises hand*

Can I have dibs on whichever job you don't want? ;)

It's a tricky one for sure. My last contract change was more in keeping with the second choice. Would the 250 hours be lost (car journey or multiple hops on the tube, say) or one long train trip that would let you read ot something? I think that would make a difference, but other than that it sound like a long term v short term thing doesn't it. At the second lot amenable to you working from home at all or upping the rate if you mention your dilemma to them?

Anyway, have fun picking one you lucky thing!

Go for it 18ck, I think these are both awesome jobs :)  Well, if you like management & want a perm role anyway :)

The journey breakdown is roughly:

Option 1) 20 min walk to work, or if I'm late, a sub-10 min run :)

Option 2) 15 min walk to tube station, 16 min tube journey (circle line - every 10 mins, no changes), 4 min walk to work

By no means is this a horrendous option (one job I had once involved 5 hours daily commuting!!) but I sort of like the idea of not facing public transport and being able to get home easily at a time that leaves me a little more evening spare to do things.

When I was trying to squeeze more out of the last few months, it's been the travel time that's hampering me!

I haven't been able to gauge the working-from-home option sadly & I think I've maxed out on salary range, but it's at a level I'm pretty delighted with anyway so I don't feel like pushing for more there.

Weird how being 'put at risk of redundancy' has worked out well eh!  But I'm pretty gutted to be losing my current job, I loved it!

-- Facebook

Glad to hear you are on the mend. And congratulations on the job offers, having to choose like that is a great problem to have. 

I've been having a really tough time with commute, and so my completely biased advice is to take the one that offers the great commute and benefits. But it sounds like either would be great for you.

Best of luck!

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Nice going Kev.  Two jobs to decide from (and to think you were worried at the beginning of this challenge).  Considering everything going on around you right now, i think the one with the least amount of travel from home would probably be the one for you - i'm just considering the meds and your future plans in terms of your health. Also a gym right at work that is inexpensive and has a class you like - do you really need another reason :P 

Congrats again hun.  So happy for you!!

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

lol!  I was saying 4 because I didn't think I was that good, even though people keep telling me I know more than I think!  It's good when it's an independent objective person says so, tho! :)

And thanks for all your supportive messages :)

The op was ok, I'll know how successful in the next couple of weeks, but I was in quite a bit of pain & ended up having to stay in & put on a drip due to low blood pressure (it was 102/51 when they measured it).

Positive things from today:

- I managed to swallow a medium-sized antibiotic tablet whole.  This is the biggest tablet I've ever done in my life so REEEEEALLY HAPPY!!!  One day maybe I'll be like normal people.

- The doctor doing my operation said I was thin, and that she could feel my bone.  This is despite me being 2 or 3kg more than I want to be and feeling like a complete lazy bloated whale at the moment!  Maybe I need to adjust my self-image some, but it's hard to!

- the general anaesthetic worked just as it's rumoured to, and I'm still alive!!

Less good thing:

- got put on antibiotics and initially in quite a lot of pain!

Good to hear you're on the mend. Sometimes it takes an experience like hearing about your appearance from someone else to shock you into seeing yourself differently. :) Grats on the compliment!

Go for it 18ck, I think these are both awesome jobs :)  Well, if you like management & want a perm role anyway :)

The journey breakdown is roughly:

Option 1) 20 min walk to work, or if I'm late, a sub-10 min run :)

Option 2) 15 min walk to tube station, 16 min tube journey (circle line - every 10 mins, no changes), 4 min walk to work

By no means is this a horrendous option (one job I had once involved 5 hours daily commuting!!) but I sort of like the idea of not facing public transport and being able to get home easily at a time that leaves me a little more evening spare to do things.

When I was trying to squeeze more out of the last few months, it's been the travel time that's hampering me!

I haven't been able to gauge the working-from-home option sadly & I think I've maxed out on salary range, but it's at a level I'm pretty delighted with anyway so I don't feel like pushing for more there.

Weird how being 'put at risk of redundancy' has worked out well eh!  But I'm pretty gutted to be losing my current job, I loved it!

The second option seems like what I do every day, but that first commute option sounds pretty appealing. If I didn't have to walk over 4 miles to do it back and forth, I would love to be able to just get up and naturally get to work on my own steam! Also if you choose the first option, you won't have to pay as much for public transportation and that does add up over time (at least it does for me in NYC :) ).

Hearthsinger the Wandering Bard

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 12 | CON 11 | WIS 8 | CHA 9

"You are what you do. You can re-create yourself every second of your life." -Xena

Read my blog at Project Reroll. | FitBit | Current Challenge | Previous Challenges: 1st 2nd 3rd

Great that your surgery went well! I wish you all the best and a swift recovery :)

I'm sure you'll have an easy time picking the right job for you! If it was my choice I'd go with the shorter commute just because time is the closest thing we as humans have to a limiting factor in life. Therefor less time lost just going from a to b, the more time you have for... well everything else ;) 

This only makes sense if I exclude all other factors that are important in this decision (like work environment, future opportunities, salary, etc) though.

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Keep up the good work, Kevralyn. Also, I'd go with option one!

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

Kev!!  So glad to hear that your op went well!  Also, fantastic news on the job front!!!  I told you there was tons of places that would love to have you!  All things considered, job 1 sounds great (a sub 10 minute run home is fantastic), but listen to your gut.  Sometimes I really think one thing is better, but when I go to choose it, my gut gives me a little check that tells me I need to pick the other option.  I don't know if you ever have that, but if you do, don't forget to listen to it.  I'm so EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!

And of course on a scale of 1 to 5 you're a 6.  Why would you think anything else?

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

OMG so excited!  I'll reply properly to all you lovely people later but my contract has FINALLY arrived in the post!

And I went for job option "2", the job which was potentially more exciting, more challenge & more responsibility!

Woo!!  The Plan of Ultimateness has succeeded!!!  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

-- Facebook

Excellent plan - execution K! Enjoy you well - earned level - up!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines