• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Siferiax

Kibcy follow in Wolf's paw prints

Begin your fast after supper? That way you're asleep for 6-12 of the 14 hours. Lol.

I've found that having a tidy environment helps get me out of a funk. There's definitely some correlation between state of house and state of mind. Lol.

So I probably wrote a lot of text and missed the point of why you mentioned what you did :tongue:

If I would eat "dinner" after getting home from work, then not eat still the following morning, I would technically be asleep during the "terrible" hunger phase.

Only I've woken up before because I was hungry... so not sure how that would turn out :tongue:

I should probably just ease into the longer fasting by extending the fast slowly. I guess.

A few things about fasting:

• It's not always a good idea for people who've struggled with disordered eating
  • You don't have to stick to the window by the exact minute
  • It shouldn't be too hard
  • Some women do much better than others, so don't feel like a failure if it isn't for you

All that said, IF was what I consider to be the major factor in breaking my cycle of disordered eating. I learned what it actually felt like to be physiologically hungry, rather than just "needing" to eat because I was bored, or because it was "time" for a meal. Now, I fast around 14 hours daily, and eat 2 to 3 meals a day. I recommend reading through Nate Miyaki's stuff as well. Just don't get hung up on the specific macros or food sources at first. Trying to establish too many rules at once makes adherence very difficult. If you have any questions, I'm happy to point you in the direction of more resources. Leangains is a great place to read up on daily fasting. Brad Pilon has good information as well.

Well I tidied my house yesterday, and the state of my house is pretty equal to the state of my mind. Haha. So that's a good sign. When I've done the dishes and am on top of the laundry again, then I'm doing great :tongue:

Haha! Well that is a good sign indeed! :D

How the laundry doing then? ;)

I don't think IF is for me. It's not that I can't go without eating, because I know I can, but my creativity goes way down when I'm hungry and I can't let that happen. Also, as you wrote, some women don't do too well with it and I really don't feel like chancing it, I had an eating disorder when I was 15 and ever since my body has become so incredibly responsive and will store fat if it feels the slightest hint of prolonged hunger. So sadly, I won't be able to help you with that but I'll be here to cheer you on :D Go Kib!! :D

• It's not always a good idea for people who've struggled with disordered eating
  • Some women do much better than others, so don't feel like a failure if it isn't for you

All that said, IF was what I consider to be the major factor in breaking my cycle of disordered eating. I learned what it actually felt like to be physiologically hungry, rather than just "needing" to eat because I was bored, or because it was "time" for a meal. Now, I fast around 14 hours daily, and eat 2 to 3 meals a day. I recommend reading through Nate Miyaki's stuff as well. Just don't get hung up on the specific macros or food sources at first. Trying to establish too many rules at once makes adherence very difficult. If you have any questions, I'm happy to point you in the direction of more resources. Leangains is a great place to read up on daily fasting. Brad Pilon has good information as well.

That's very helpful Lex! 

My suggestion would be to do exactly as normal but don't eat breakfast until you're actually hungry (you'll have to take it with you in this case). First just see how that goes and how long it'll be. 

I'll avoid IF aswell because of the eating disorder, but sometimes it just happens.. when I can't be bothered to make breakfast D:

Yeah I was running with that theory, that I get too hung up on eating out of boredom or habit, or even cravings. I don't count calories, but I get the feeling I'm eating more than I need because of the previous mentioned.

I'm not gonna dive in head first because I KNOW I will fail then *cough*paleo*cough*. But yeah I think it could actually help, obviously I should find a window I'm comfortable with, but I'm guessing a guideline is nice. *needs structure*

Thanks for the tips though!!! I'll look at the resources!!!

Also I'll probably focus on going with no snacks for awhile first.

Haha! Well that is a good sign indeed! :D

How the laundry doing then? ;)

I don't think IF is for me. It's not that I can't go without eating, because I know I can, but my creativity goes way down when I'm hungry and I can't let that happen. Also, as you wrote, some women don't do too well with it and I really don't feel like chancing it, I had an eating disorder when I was 15 and ever since my body has become so incredibly responsive and will store fat if it feels the slightest hint of prolonged hunger. So sadly, I won't be able to help you with that but I'll be here to cheer you on :D Go Kib!! :D

Hehe it's getting done... SLOWLY... I folded 3 pieces of clothes and washed/hung up 3 pieces. This marks the end of my backlog of work-clothes.

Now I just need to get my freetime-clothes done and I should be good again.

Yeah I'm not especially trying to go for hungry here :tongue: I see it more as an experiment. IMMA SCIENTIST!!!! LOL

That's very helpful Lex! 

My suggestion would be to do exactly as normal but don't eat breakfast until you're actually hungry (you'll have to take it with you in this case). First just see how that goes and how long it'll be. 

I'll avoid IF aswell because of the eating disorder, but sometimes it just happens.. when I can't be bothered to make breakfast D:

That's actually a great tip! Sounds like something I could try. I was already having thoughts on how I could take some form of breakfast with me. Was thinking eggs or 2 containers, one with yoghurt one with cereal. Maybe see about getting better containers :tongue:

Actually I've been pretty consistent with breakfast all my life haha. I just know that when I was doing the whole30 there came a point I just wasn't hungry in the morning... which was really weird. I would eat food maybe 4-5 hours after getting up.

So I know things are possible when I'm not on the great sugar high ;)

I actually ate a dinner guys!!! Like something I've had in my freezer for weeks and just needed a warm up (I'm the ultimate lazy when it comes to cooking, there's your prove). It was delicious! Oven dish. KB girl would know... Maggie I believe???

Anyway, cauliflower, minced meat and potatoes, topped off with cheese. I ate it at my parents and took the leftovers with me :)

So yay! *adds check mark to dinner list*

(I have lists now... they are not to see on what days I did something, just to check off I did something... there's a theory behind this.......)

Today: Cook cookbook meal from last week

Tomorrow: City walk in my parents' town

Thursday: Make a doctor's appointment

Also I've been highly unmotivated to exercise, BECAUSE of my belly pains.

Being in a constant state of discomfort and often pain, is getting a little bit concerning...

I did the egg boiling and ate 1 before bed and 1 after waking up.

Also added my normal breakfast in lesser amount.

*shrug* I'm tired... getting back into the "get up at 5:15am" rhythm is tough.

I've been thinking of doing a little exercising after waking up... like I'd have 5 minutes for it.

So it wouldn't be a full workout, but I'm thinking that even if I wouldn't do stuff the rest of the day... I'd at least done that.

Now to think of what exercise to do.

I was thinking maybe push - pull - stretch... like wall push ups 5x, pull... okay, I dunno... 5x, and then some basic stretches.

Or maybe some wall slides & shoulder dislocators

IDK... maybe exchange days. IDK.

I just think it'll be good for me. :)

Today: Cook cookbook meal from last week

Tomorrow: City walk in my parents' town

Thursday: Make a doctor's appointment

Also I've been highly unmotivated to exercise, BECAUSE of my belly pains.

Being in a constant state of discomfort and often pain, is getting a little bit concerning...

I did the egg boiling and ate 1 before bed and 1 after waking up.

Also added my normal breakfast in lesser amount.

*shrug* I'm tired... getting back into the "get up at 5:15am" rhythm is tough.

I've been thinking of doing a little exercising after waking up... like I'd have 5 minutes for it.

So it wouldn't be a full workout, but I'm thinking that even if I wouldn't do stuff the rest of the day... I'd at least done that.

I was thinking maybe push - pull - stretch... like wall push ups 5x, pull... okay, I dunno... 5x, and then some basic stretches.

I just think it'll be good for me. :)

I really hope you get better soon... That's really not fun :(

I read somebody else is doing that, a mini workout right out of bed. I can't remember who right now though.... :(

In any case, I like the "routine" you're thinking about. 5x pulls sound hard but like the pushups and stretches. Also, you don't have to stick to one routine for every single day. You can juggle between 2 or 3 so you don't get bored.

I used to do 5 minutes of high knees straight out of bed (5x 50secs HK + 10secs rest). It was really nice though I don't think your downstairs neighbours would like you jumping around at 5am!

I really hope you get better soon... That's really not fun :(

I read somebody else is doing that, a mini workout right out of bed. I can't remember who right now though.... :(

In any case, I like the "routine" you're thinking about. 5x pulls sound hard but like the pushups and stretches. Also, you don't have to stick to one routine for every single day. You can juggle between 2 or 3 so you don't get bored.

I used to do 5 minutes of high knees straight out of bed (5x 50secs HK + 10secs rest). It was really nice though I don't think your downstairs neighbours would like you jumping around at 5am!

I guess I'm pretty used to pain in that area specifically and "whispering" pain in general. I'm tired a lot, which means I have headaches a lot. *shrug* I don't even know!!

I would say, hey doc, please do a full check up and find out everything that's wrong with me! And apparently over here that's like "nope". Unless there's a reason for it, people don't start looking.

What's this prevention you're talking about??

Well I was going to name a pull exercise and just came up short with one that would be quick and easy.

Physically speaking, with the way my body is, pull should be harder than push for me. And that's true. I've found that I progress when focusing on pull... which doesn't really happen so much for push.

So yeah maybe I could take my dumbbells... but I rather not leave the bedroom (and else I'd have dumbbell dents in my carpet :tongue:)

And yeah I want to see about playing more... eh... I read the latest NF article yesterday, it was really inspiring to just have fun! Especially thanks to this video:

*now goes to look up high knees*

So but anyway... I wanna dump this challenge into the trash... BUT... it's not my fault I'm failing :|

Bench press and crow failing anyway.

The to do list failing, so most likely because I'm simply not ready. I don't have the mental capacity to deal with it (yet).

If that sounds weird... well sorry, but it's true.

I just need an incredible amount of down time to stay sane.

I'm just really happy that so far my diet is working out. As in what I'm trying to apply.

2/2 meals I made tasted great!

I'm only 1 meal behind, but I've planned to make up for it (hey I need to get groceries anyway!)

So yes. Let's promise myself something... AND YOU ALL NEED TO KEEP ME TO IT!

NEXT CHALLENGE I'M SETTING 1 FITNESS AND 1 DIET GOAL!!!!!

There. I even know what: PLAY & DINNER 2x WEEK

I know that's incredibly early to announce, but for the love of... I NEED to keep to my own word for once.

Here is a good morning routine that helps get your body awake and ready for the day.

1 minute shake it out or vibrations

1 minute hip circles

1 minute balance exercise*

1 minute body weight exercise*

1 minute stretch*

1 minute hollow body+

1 minute lay on back on floor breathing

* Pick a new exercise or stretch every week.

* Balance could be stand on one leg, front scale, one leg eyes closed, etc. Just something fun and challenging. Make sure to do 30 seconds each side.

* Body weight exercise is any one exercise for a minute. Wall push ups. Door pulls. Squats. Whatever.

* Stretch is any one stretch you want to work on for a week.

+ For the hollow body, just do whatever version you can. As you tire from the hold, pull your arms in, or your legs in. Just keep making it easier until the minute is up. Keep that lower back welded to the floor though.

So yes. Let's promise myself something... AND YOU ALL NEED TO KEEP ME TO IT!

NEXT CHALLENGE I'M SETTING 1 FITNESS AND 1 DIET GOAL!!!!!

There. I even know what: PLAY & DINNER 2x WEEK

Four goals has always seemed too hard for me too. I've been thinking about only doing two or three for a while.

Here is a good morning routine that helps get your body awake and ready for the day.

1 minute shake it out or vibrations

1 minute hip circles

1 minute balance exercise*

1 minute body weight exercise*

1 minute stretch*

1 minute hollow body+

1 minute lay on back on floor breathing

* Pick a new exercise or stretch every week.

* Balance could be stand on one leg, front scale, one leg eyes closed, etc. Just something fun and challenging. Make sure to do 30 seconds each side.

* Body weight exercise is any one exercise for a minute. Wall push ups. Door pulls. Squats. Whatever.

* Stretch is any one stretch you want to work on for a week.

+ For the hollow body, just do whatever version you can. As you tire from the hold, pull your arms in, or your legs in. Just keep making it easier until the minute is up. Keep that lower back welded to the floor though.

Oh! That sounds awesome! Thanks muchly :)

Definitely something to try out.

Four goals has always seemed too hard for me too. I've been thinking about only doing two or three for a while.

Great :) Let's make a deal to do less than 4 goals next challenge :)

Hi, Kibcy. Sorry to hear you feel so terrible!

As for an easy pull variation, is there anyway you could do something like this?

Hah I'm not feeling terrible, that would be overstating.

I'm just feeling slightly worse from normal. I'm fine for the most part :)

Oooooh yes. My doors are more sturdy than that haha!

Not sure if I can do so physically, but yes I can try :)

Thank you!

Feel better. Have you tried eliminating dairy and/or wheat? Those are the two main culprits for stomach pain. Constant stomach pain and tiredness sounds like some sort of food allergy to me.

This is tiredness and belly ache speaking. You are not failing and you don't want to throw this challenge in the trash Kib.

Do what you can, don't lie to yourself or come up with excuses but don't overdo it. Or even just dump a goal. Just give it your best (which is already pretty darn awesome!!) :)

Feel better. Have you tried eliminating dairy and/or wheat? Those are the two main culprits for stomach pain. Constant stomach pain and tiredness sounds like some sort of food allergy to me.

Yes! I've done a whole30 last year... which did more bad than good, in the long run. But no, diary and wheat were no problem to eat again. No negative effects whatsoever.

Also I never before had my intestines consistently hurt... I'm kinda afraid it's my appendix again, but that's for a doctor to decide (does make sense in that mostly my right side hurt, doesn't make sense in that also my left side has problems).

The problems I have with my bowel movements makes me suspect to look there.

As for the tiredness, haven't quite got a grip on that one, but several theories include things like sugar crashes, early mornings, inconsistent sleep, etc.

When I was in Berlin I had no tiredness problems, so I'm also suspecting just being bored and understimulated. (though overstimulated in other areas, but okay)

This is tiredness and belly ache speaking. You are not failing and you don't want to throw this challenge in the trash Kib.

Do what you can, don't lie to yourself or come up with excuses but don't overdo it. Or even just dump a goal. Just give it your best (which is already pretty darn awesome!!) :)

I come up with excuses for everything, it's inevitable :tongue:

I dumped 2 goals due to arm problems... but yeah.

I failed to make a cookbook meal today because I didn't have the right equipment.

So yeah. I just need to get my head on straight again... somehow...

I failed to make a cookbook meal today because I didn't have the right equipment.

I know you did but is that enough or do you think you have too much on your plate?

You'll make the meal tomorrow, easy :) And use alternatives if you still don't have the exact piece of equipment required :)

Can I help get your head straight? Do you need tough love? Gentle support? Tell me and I'll provide it for you

Yes! I've done a whole30 last year... which did more bad than good, in the long run. But no, diary and wheat were no problem to eat again. No negative effects whatsoever.

Also I never before had my intestines consistently hurt... I'm kinda afraid it's my appendix again, but that's for a doctor to decide (does make sense in that mostly my right side hurt, doesn't make sense in that also my left side has problems).

The problems I have with my bowel movements makes me suspect to look there.

As for the tiredness, haven't quite got a grip on that one, but several theories include things like sugar crashes, early mornings, inconsistent sleep, etc.

When I was in Berlin I had no tiredness problems, so I'm also suspecting just being bored and understimulated. (though overstimulated in other areas, but okay)

If you think it might be your appendix ggod call on having a Dr check it out. Take care of yourself

Did groceries on foot <3 Even though there was an 80% chance of a thunderstorm /living on the edge lol

No thunderstorm was had.

I got a premade salad for dinner, and it sucked. So I didn't eat more than maybe 2 bites?!

So I just ate the Focaccia I also bought for the end of the day instead.... I win... but not really.

Been reading more on IF and stuff... loads of text was processed.

Not sure who to believe or not... so let me just experiment :tongue:

I'm mostly in the leangains camp intuitively I suppose.

WAIT TILL MY MOM STARTS PREACHING ABOUT SKIPPING BREAKFAST... lol

I don't even know XD

So far so good on not eating snacks!!!! I feel this could really be the answer I was looking for.

NEVER THOUGHT I COULD GO WITHOUT AND... LOOK AT ME GO!!!

It's getting much much easier than I thought it would be! Especially when upping protein intake.

My breakfast was: 150 grams yoghurt, 65 grams cereal

My breakfast now: 1 boiled egg, 100 grams yoghurt, 50 grams cereal.

chris_de_maas, on 07 May 2013 - 19:50, said:

I know you did but is that enough or do you think you have too much on your plate?

You'll make the meal tomorrow, easy :) And use alternatives if you still don't have the exact piece of equipment required :)

Can I help get your head straight? Do you need tough love? Gentle support? Tell me and I'll provide it for you

I don't see an alternative other than much work... or... well I could technically use my food processor... probably.

Tomorrow I won't have time though due to the city walk. I'll figure it out though :)

I need time mostly. I'm not even sure what's going on... probably just need to find my rhythm again after my vacation & break.

Thanks though!

Elastigirl, on 07 May 2013 - 20:10, said:

If you think it might be your appendix ggod call on having a Dr check it out. Take care of yourself

HAHA relax. Appendix does not equal end of the world.

I've had an inflamed appendix before and trust me the pain was worse on top of having a slight fever. (also yes, inflamed appendix does not equal surgical removal)

Nothing of the sort now. So no high urgency in that case.

Good luck with everything. I had a crazy stomach ache last week and it's really distracting/making it hard to focus on anything else if it's bad enough. Hope you'll feel better soon!